The last 6 future NFL qb's we've faced..

I'm looking at guys who are either already in the NFL or that I've read or have heard are on future NFL prospect lists.. I might be missing some so feel free to correct or add to it if I am...

Blaine Gabbert. 17-43 134 yds. 0td 2int..

Landry Jones. 26-58 248 yds. 0td 5int..

Colt McCoy 20-36 181 yds. 0td's 3int..

Nick Foles. 6-20 28 yds. 0td 1 int..

Enderle 16-31 141 yars 1td 5int

Jake Lockear 4-20 71 yds. 1 td 2int..

um.. that's 2 td's and 18 interceptions... Seriously, that's unheard of..

All hail Bo and Carl!

(honerable mention hail to Suh and the defensive players that I'm sure had a little to do with that too :worship )

According to Todd McShay's reasoning, these QBs happen to have bad days. It was nothing Nebraska did. :wtf

Todd McShay stock up and stock down

Interesting things he had to say about the huskers

Stock up

Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez

Martinez aced his first road test as Nebraska's starting quarterback, rushing for 137 yards on 19 carries and completing seven of 11 passes for 150 yards and his first career touchdown in the 56-21 blowout of Washington. The redshirt freshman seemed unfazed by the crowd noise or the pressure of the moment, and Nebraska's offensive line dominated the Huskies in the trenches, generating plenty of room for Martinez to operate the option game and giving him plenty of time to find open receivers.

Martinez already had showcased his instincts and speed as a runner during the first few weeks, but his efficiency as a passer is what surprised me most on Saturday. Nebraska is doing a nice job of limiting his reads (typically half the field or high-low) and the types of throws he makes (mostly short-to-intermediate routes), but Martinez deserves credit for making good decisions and having his most accurate outing in the toughest environment to date.

Stock down

Washington QB Jake Locker

Locker completed just four of 20 passes and threw a pair of interceptions in Washington's ugly home loss to Nebraska. Stats can be misleading, so I went back and studied all 20 of his official pass attempts -- as well as his unofficial third interception, which was erased because of a holding penalty -- to see whether the reality matched the perception of Locker's performance. Unfortunately for Locker, it was not too far off.

In Locker's defense, the Huskies were completely outclassed from a talent standpoint on both sides of the ball, especially in the trenches. Nine of his 17 misses were a result of poor pass protection and/or his receivers failing to get open. However, Locker was squarely to blame for the eight other misfires, which ranged from errant throws to poor field vision to terrible decisions under pressure.

I'm looking at guys who are either already in the NFL or that I've read or have heard are on future NFL prospect lists.. I might be missing some so feel free to correct or add to it if I am...

Blaine Gabbert. 17-43 134 yds. 0td 2int..

Landry Jones. 26-58 248 yds. 0td 5int..

Colt McCoy 20-36 181 yds. 0td's 3int..

Nick Foles. 6-20 28 yds. 0td 1 int..

Enderle 16-31 141 yars 1td 5int

Jake Lockear 4-20 71 yds. 1 td 2int..

um.. that's 2 td's and 18 interceptions... Seriously, that's unheard of..

All hail Bo and Carl!

(honerable mention hail to Suh and the defensive players that I'm sure had a little to do with that too :worship )

Great thread, Heat!

QB ratings, based on your stats (NFL rating formula):

Blaine Gabbert 28.6

Landry Jones 21.3

Colt McCoy 34.6

Nick Foles 18.8

Nathan Enderle 35.2

Jake Locker 19.0

I think it's a little funny that none of us remembered Steven Sheffield.

23/32, 234yds, 1TD, 0INT

What's probably funniest about that, and referencing McShay, is that Sheffield's game is clearly the aberration in this mix, yet I'm sure McShay would point to it as the "correct" example, while the others were aberrations were he to take part in this conversation.

I was just thinking about the Tech game the other day. Remember those crazy circus catches those WRs made? Three or four of them, the once-a-year-kind-of-catch catches that they made just in the first half alone. After Tech's first drive the DEF noticeably sagged, and it was a bad day from there.

My greatest regret in conference expansion is that we won't get a chance to rectify things with Tech before we move on.

I think it's a little funny that none of us remembered Steven Sheffield.

23/32, 234yds, 1TD, 0INT

What's probably funniest about that, and referencing McShay, is that Sheffield's game is clearly the aberration in this mix, yet I'm sure McShay would point to it as the "correct" example, while the others were aberrations were he to take part in this conversation.

I was just thinking about the Tech game the other day. Remember those crazy circus catches those WRs made? Three or four of them, the once-a-year-kind-of-catch catches that they made just in the first half alone. After Tech's first drive the DEF noticeably sagged, and it was a bad day from there.

My greatest regret in conference expansion is that we won't get a chance to rectify things with Tech before we move on.

Hey Knapplc, I didn't mention Sheffield because he's not on any future or current NFL radars that I've heard of. (could be wrong) In fact, he's not even the starter this year. And wasn't the suppossed to be the starter vs. us last year..

He had a much better game then most have had, but if I recall correctly, we still held them to the least amount of yards of any team last year. The score was so lopsided because of the turnovers and special teams play..

Definently had the most success of anyone against us last year. But like you say, I'd love another shot against them with an offense capable of eating some clock nad giving our defense a rest.