The Official Chicago Bears thread

NUance

Off to a 2-0 start. Barely. But we hung tough against the Cowbuoys down in Jerry’s house.

I think we take Green Bay this week. Favre’s epic NFL run is over. Finally.

Personally, I feel this team is still a huge question mark. We got lucky as hell in week one but last week we looked solid. I could see this team have a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde type of year...but still maybe make the playoffs.

I think we lose to GB (cause BJackson mainly) but we are at home and the crowd will be nuts.

Off to a 2-0 start. Barely. But we hung tough against the Cowbuoys down in Jerry’s house.

I think we take Green Bay this week. Favre’s epic NFL run is over. Finally.

Personally, I feel this team is still a huge question mark. We got lucky as hell in week one but last week we looked solid. I could see this team have a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde type of year...but still maybe make the playoffs.

I think we lose to GB (cause BJackson mainly) but we are at home and the crowd will be nuts.

I feel the same about Green Bay/BJax as I did for Detroit/Suh. I want to beat GB, but I want BJax to have a good day. (If that's possible.)

As much as I want to be, I'm still not sold on this team as being good. I think we'll have a great idea of where they're at after Monday night. I agree that this could be a Jekyll/Hyde team. I like where the offense is going, but the line still has A LOT of work to do. Granted Martz is gonna want to pass the ball a lot more than the typical Bears fan is used to, but they can't run the ball at all. It's horrible. The defense has played well, and the acquisition of Peppers has been great, but I still don't think they're that great. A healthy Urlacher is a nice change this year though. Not sure if they're still running their base cover 2 defense as I haven't been able to watch much of either game, but I would assume they are. I think the cover 2 has run its course in the NFL, and that's why I was against promoting Marinelli to DC, figuring he'd run the same cover 2 they've always ran and that he's always coached. But if the Bears can make it work and win games with it, then by all means, run it.

I guess time will tell. It's early, but overall I've liked what I've seen. Hopefully this year we see the Bears in the postseason again. :cheers

Oh and I would LOVE to see Bowman and Bullocks pick Favre a couple of times.

And by Favre you mean Aaron Rodgers?

Ha ha! I am a stupid. :dumdum

It's hard to think of the Packer QB as anyone other than Favre. Even though he hasn't played there in 3 yrs. And they pretty much hate his guts now.

I would love to see the Bears beat the Packers but the way the Pack have been playing I don't see it happening. I'll be hoping for the upset though.

Cutler hasn't looked as bad as he did last season so far so I do think Martz's offense has helped him some. He's still going to be Cutler though so nothing can stop the occasional Cutler blind chuck down the field. I'm just hoping he doesn't implode as badly as he did last year. To me that would be an improvement.

I'm not a Lovie fan so personally I wish they would have made a change years ago. I'm cautiously optimistic about this season.

image794.gif

Wow——Lots of yellow hankies last night. Mostly thrown at Packers. But a win is a win is a win.

Hester was electric. And I am now firmly on board the Cutler bandwagon. Cutler seems to be the answer. Or at least more so than any QB we’ve had in the past few years. Especially with Mike Martz scheming offense.

Wow——Lots of yellow hankies last night. Mostly thrown at Packers. But a win is a win is a win.

Hester was electric. And I am now firmly on board the Cutler bandwagon. Cutler seems to be the answer. Or at least more so than any QB we've had in the past few years. Especially with Mike Martz scheming offense.

Isn't it time to end the Hester as receiver experiment?

I don't doubt that he is capable but he should be allowed save his energy for both KO and punt returns.

The offense got a TD but so did Hester.

Let Hester be Hester!

I only heard the game on radio (don't ask) - so I couldn't judge - but how many near picks did Cutler have on the last drive? Yikes.

Still Cutler has gotten much better.

image794.gif

(thanks suh_fan93)

Giants over Bears 17-3.

Our offense sucks. Nine sacks in the first half. I can't even remember the last game I saw with nine sacks. And most of them could have been avoided if Cutler gets rid of the ball on time. /shakes head.

• Fire 1

cutler looked like he plain gave up last night. one second i was watching him trying to look out of his helmet, the next thing i know i turn around and todd freakin collins is humpin the show.

Yeah, I wonder if they should have taken Cutler out earlier. He looked dazed on the sidelines early in the 2nd qtr. That was after five or six sacks.

And Todd Collins. Arrrg. *He* is our safety net? The Bears are pretty much boned if we can't find an offense somehow. And quick.

• Fire 1

I don't even know what to say about last night's game. One of the worst football games I've watched in a long time. I wouldn't mind having, dare I say it, Rex Grossman playing backup. Then again he might have had double digit fumbles getting sacked that many times. It was nice to start 3-0, but I'm afraid the luck has run out. I didn't have much faith even after the good start.