The Official Chicago Bears thread

NUance

Anyone else see that crappy PF call on Suh yesterday in the Chicago / Detroit game? Total bs 15 yd call on a clean hit. The way things are going the league should just have the QB wear a yellow jersey out there. Or maybe a diaper. sheeeesh.

• Fire 1

It seems that Cutler somehow has looked halfway comfortable for the first time in a long, long time in Martz's offense and that is a huge reason I think the Bears haven't been throwing games away lately. Also our defense has really stepped up somehow this season in terms of actually being halfway consistent. Julius Peppers is the best new acquistion the Bears have had on offense or defense in years.

I'm still in shock that we are 9-3 but I'll take it.

Chicago 7.

New England 36.

Man that was painful to watch. I like Lovey. But the guy can’t hold Belichick’s jock strap. N.E. is a team patched together with bubble gum and paperclips. And they’re kicking everybody all over the field lately. We need to get us an offense before we can compete with the big dogs. NU, the Bears--why can't my teams find the damn endzone anyway?

• Fire 1

The Vikings punter twittered that supposedly the turf at the stadium is in his words 'as hard as concrete' and went on to say that tonights game is going to be a 'trainwreck' and he will be amazed if no one gets hurt.

Why aren't they playing this game in Detroit like they did last week again?

I dunno. It's just insane to play outside in Minny this time of year. I can't imagine there's any advantage for the Vikes over Chicago. Maybe a team like Tampa Bay or Atlanta, but not Chicago.

• Fire 1

I was very pleased watching this game. It was interesting watching Brett Favre's final play. If he suffered a concussion it's highly unlikely he's cleared to play again this year, and he's got to be done at this point. Minny deserves all the lumps they took this year for begging Favre to come back.

Yeah, what a great game! The Bears manhandled the Vikes in their own house. Sort of their own house. Well, no house, but sort of their field.

Bears defense swarmed. Minny couldn’t do anything. Except get the refs to throw a couple yellow hankies at the Bears. I think they were sympathy hankies. Cutler and the offense looked sharp. Perhaps the first time all season that can be said.

• Fire 1

Cutler and the offense looked sharp. Perhaps the first time all season that can be said.

This Bears team would definitely be a contender with a fully-functioning offense.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? Why can't my teams--Huskers or Bears--field an offense?

I'm still in shock at this years Bears team. I have to be fully honest. It seems as if Martz, Julius Peppers and Rod Marinelli all come to mind when I try to think of the reasons for such a turnaround this year. Besides the defense finally showing some true consistency Jay Cutler's relative success is another huge reason why I think the Bears have had the year they've had. Forte, Olson, Johnny Knox and of course D Hes have all been clutch for the Bears this year too. It's definitely all come together for the most part this year, minus the New England game.

I seriously thought Cutler was going to break an NFL record for interceptions this year. Obviously he has benefited from being in Martz's system.

I am sooo curious to see how far this team goes in the playoffs.

aagm216soldier-field-chicago-bears-posters.jpg

SI.com is predicting the Bears to lose their last two games and go into the playoffs as a three seed. Granted I think both games will be tough...I have to say they still have recieved NO respect. The NFL is the NFL. You play the teams put in front of you and all the overlooking the Bears are getting this year amazes me, even with wins against Philly and GB.

Well maybe I should look at it as a good thing. It kinda reminds me of the Super Bowl team from a couple of years ago.