The Official Chicago Bears thread

NUance

SI.com is predicting the Bears to lose their last two games and go into the playoffs as a three seed. Granted I think both games will be tough...I have to say they still have recieved NO respect. The NFL is the NFL. You play the teams put in front of you and all the overlooking the Bears are getting this year amazes me, even with wins against Philly and GB.

Well maybe I should look at it as a good thing. It kinda reminds me of the Super Bowl team from a couple of years ago.

Yeah, no respect at all. Even though they have a monster defense this year. A couple weeks back I saw a prediction that we'd lose our last three games. I hope the guy that made that prediction bet big money on the Minny game. heh.

• Fire 1

I missed the game because I was sleeping (good reason why I was sleeping is because I got off of work at 7 in the morning).

Bears are doing amazing this year and are proving a lot of so call experts wrong. There were a lot of experts after the Giants game on Oct 3 I believe predicted the Bears to finish 5-7 or 7-5. So far they are 8-3 with a chance to beat the Packers again....hopefully.

I missed the game because I was sleeping (good reason why I was sleeping is because I got off of work at 7 in the morning).

Bears are doing amazing this year and are proving a lot of so call experts wrong. There were a lot of experts after the Giants game on Oct 3 I believe predicted the Bears to finish 5-7 or 7-5. So far they are 8-3 with a chance to beat the Packers again....hopefully.

I don't think anyone saw the Bears doing as well as they have this year. Improved yes but they are 11-4 for gosh sakes.

I really hope they beat the Packers. Now that would be icing on an already pretty good cake.

Finally the Vikings do something cool and give the Bears a first round bye! Regardless of the outcome on Sunday, this has been a great year. Greatly exceeded my expectations. I'm still not sold on the Bears being a possible Super Bowl team. I honestly don't think they'll win their first playoff game. I think their defense is slightly overrated, however the offense has been playing well as of late. I just think if we face a pass-heavy team (like the Pats) we're done. But they've been proving me wrong all year, so here's to them doing it again.

• 3 weeks later...

GREAT pics Suh_fan93! Love that first pic of Hester bringing it back in the snow. And the one of Julius Peppers. The guy was a demon against Seattle. Our whole defensive line dominated the game. That, and it seemed like our WRs and TEs had solid footing while the SeaHogs DBs had banana peel shoes.

Green Bay: This might be the best game of the whole NFL season. For any teams. Hard to believe GB/Bears have played 180 times—-the most in the history of the NFL—-but only one playoff game. We win if our D-line can rattle Rodgers like we did Hasselbeck. The thing is, Aaron Rodgers is about 10X better than Hasselbeck. He'll pick us apart if we don't knock him around some.

• Fire 1
Bears DE Gaines Adams dies in South Carolina

By Doug Farrar, www.sports.yahoo.com

Yahoo! Sports has learned from a source close to the Clemson football program that Chicago Bears defensive end and Clemson alum Gaines Adams(notes) died Sunday morning after being taken to Self Regional Healthcare in Greenwood, S.C. Scout.com's Roy Philpott, who broke the news, indicated that county coroner James T. Coursey released the information. Early reports say that Adams died of cardiac arrest due to an enlarged heart, and a preliminary autopsy has confirmed this. LINK

Heart attack. That's shocking and sad. RIP Gaines Adams. RIP

Bears DE Gaines Adams dies in South Carolina

By Doug Farrar, www.sports.yahoo.com

Yahoo! Sports has learned from a source close to the Clemson football program that Chicago Bears defensive end and Clemson alum Gaines Adams(notes) died Sunday morning after being taken to Self Regional Healthcare in Greenwood, S.C. Scout.com's Roy Philpott, who broke the news, indicated that county coroner James T. Coursey released the information. Early reports say that Adams died of cardiac arrest due to an enlarged heart, and a preliminary autopsy has confirmed this. LINK

Heart attack. That's shocking and sad. RIP Gaines Adams. RIP

Wow. That is very sad indeed. RIP. That sucks to say the very least. Damn.

nuance I agree with you also that getting pressure on Rodgers is vital. I also hope they key on Donald Driver who to me seems to be Rodgers favorite target. He seemingly is always wide open or given far to much space when teams man up on him. I think stopping Driver and putting pressure on Rodgers is the key to the Bears winning. I am nervous and excited for Sunday.

GO BEARS