The Official Chicago Bears thread

NUance

My cousin in Chicago has Bears season tickets, even though he's a Viqueens fan. He doesn't care about the Bears or the other team in tomorrow's game, so he sold the tickets. Made enough off of them to buy next year's tickets.

yeah, I'd probably sell them too if I was a Vikes fan. Assuming that I hadn't slit my wrists sometime last fall.

• Fire 1

I've never understood why people don't like Joe Buck. What's the beef with him? He's got a good TV voice and he calls a decent game. He's been one of my favorite announcers for a while now. He and Aikman make a pretty good team.

I agree he has a good voice and all. I don't care for him because he manages to be monotone and boring no matter what's going on in the game.

I like Aikman. His subtle fat joke about Andy Reid a couple weeks ago was gold.

Cutler is taking some heat from fellow players and fans for not finishing the game.

He deserves it. The guy pussed out b/c he was having a bad game. The 3rd stringer from Northern CU looked like the Bears most talented QB yesterday. We need to upgrade.

• Fire 1

The 3rd stringer from Northern CU looked like the Bears most talented QB yesterday. We need to upgrade.

I have to wonder - is there going to be a quarterback controversy in Chicago? Hanie looked pretty good considering the stage he was on, the defense he faced and the way he was thrust into the limelight. Cutler hasn't exactly wowed people all year, and last year was a disaster. I know we threw a ton of money at Cutler, but winning takes precedence.

In the aftermath of the Bears' loss, even Chicago legend Mike Ditka had wondered about the severity of Cutler's injury. http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6054047

Ditka would’ve sent Cutler back out there. And would have kicked him in the butt if wasn’t limping fast enough. Then again, Ditka the player would have stayed in the game if he was struck by lightning and his arm got blown off. He’d go in holding the severed arm and use it to block passes and extra points with.

It was clearly a tough call, and while it's possible Cutler could have gone back in, it would probably have been pretty stupid. Risking a career-ending injury to get a playoff win is not a good trade off. And I don't give jack squat that he would have impressed all the NFL players sitting at home on their couches watching the game if he'd have gone back in. If they'd have played tougher they'd be playing against Cutler, not watching him from home.

MJD is at least apologizing:

Jacksonville Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew said Monday his criticism of Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler on Sunday was taken out of context.

Jones-Drew appeared to be one of several NFL players to question Cutler's toughness after he exited the Bears' NFC championship game loss to the Packers with a knee injury.

But in comments to the AP on Monday, Jones-Drew said he was misunderstood.

"I never attacked him, called him soft or a sore loser," Jones-Drew told the AP. "I never questioned his toughness. I think people took my joke out of context. I was taking at shot at (University of) Florida fans."

Jones-Drew on Twitter had said after Cutler left the game: "Hey I think the urban meyer rule is effect right now... When the going gets tough........QUIT."