Stewart Mandel

commando

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/09/30/boise-state-nebraska-schedules/#ixzz112TxPgIq

"So far, No. 3 Boise State has beaten two ranked foes (Virginia Tech and Oregon State). If No. 25 Nevada continues its torrid play over the next two months, the Broncos could well face a third ranked team on Nov. 26. Meanwhile, the sixth-ranked Huskers could feasibly end up playing ... none.

So far, No. 3 Boise State has beaten two ranked foes (Virginia Tech and Oregon State). If No. 25 Nevada continues its torrid play over the next two months, the Broncos could well face a third ranked team on Nov. 26. Meanwhile, the sixth-ranked Huskers could feasibly end up playing ... none."

is it just me....or does he have a very pro bronco slant to his story. :)

If Bama and OSU stay undefeated that will be our NC. If a PAC-10 team or Big XII team goes undefeated they will jump Boise.

if nebraska ends up being the undefeated big 12 champ....i don't know that our SOS is that much stronger than BSU's....would we get in ahead of BSU? i don't think so.

If Bama and OSU stay undefeated that will be our NC. If a PAC-10 team or Big XII team goes undefeated they will jump Boise.

if nebraska ends up being the undefeated big 12 champ....i don't know that our SOS is that much stronger than BSU's....would we get in ahead of BSU? i don't think so.

Yes. Our AVERAGE strength of schedule is better. A&M, OSU, UT, KSU, MU, all trump the crap of the WAC besides Nevada.

• Fire 1

that goes both ways tho...the smurfs "big" win was over a highly ranked team, at the time, and that havent looked very good since. whats the difference? Ksux could very well crawl into the ranking, as well as okie lite... oklahoma, while bi-polar, is better than anyone boise will face the rest of the year. I dunno...its still way too early.

1) Tell Boise to stop wussing out, and sign the contract to play Nebraska. We have offered, they keep saying no....

2) 70 (Boise's SOS) - 58 (NU's SOS) = 12 Divided By 120 1-A Teams = NU's schedule is 10% better than Boise. While that is nothing to write home about, I would feel very comfortable stating that Boise would definitely not go undefeated with a schedule that was 10% stronger.

3) Who cares...it is waaay to early in the season to start worrying. Too many upsets on their way....

4) :throwdabones1: :throwdabones1: :throwdabones1:

It's just an interesting thought. If a BCS conference has a down year like it looks like the Big 12 is having (OU looking vulnerable; who knows how many games Texas will drop by the time it's all said and done)...then, how many top teams will we have played? The one in the Big 12 CCG, maybe another one somewhere along the way. We didn't have a tough OOC marquee matchup this year.

So that considered, is it much different from Boise? It's a step up I would say, but is it a very significant one?

I think it's a bit of a stretch but I can see the point Mandel is trying to make, and it's not about Nebraska.

Its still early to say whos schedule is tougher. Ok St, K St, A&M, are still undefeated so dont know there. "Big" games you might be able to give it to Boise but from a week to week grind there is no comparison from the WAC to the Big 12, no matter how down it is. Also have to remember the Big 12 title game as well. Oklahoma could be undefeated or we would have to face Texas again.