K-State Game

i like to think of myself as more than the "average fan" (yogi bear) and i dont see this game being all that close. here is Thomas rushing stats from their game against UCF:

Thomas had 22 rushes for 76 yards that averaged 3.5 yards per carry, resulted in 0 touchdowns with his long run being 12 yards.

AGAINST UCF!

Kstate only had 83 total rushing yards against freaking UCF and we are worried?!?!?! WTF????? and might i also add that UCF GASHED KSU for 252 yards on the ground.

sorry boys but even if our weakness is stopping the run, our linebackers and linemen are better than UCFs.

we may struggle for a quarter or so in this game but it will be because of our mistakes and not because KSU is even close to as good as us, because they arent.

good luck KSU.

No disrespect to our D at all, but we can't diss UCF's rush defense either. They rank 30th in the nation, so they're no pushover and KSU learned that the hard way. Definitely a great sign for us if our Dline and LBs step up and shut down Thomas.

I understand a healthy sense of caution for this game. Thomas is extremely talented.

BUT

Where I go crosseyed is the part where fans go from watching Nebraska beat a team by two touchdowns that they should have beat by five touchdowns and get to, "We're going to get whipped by a one-dimensional offense that had their own near-upset against a noncon patsy."

Does not compute.

Plus one for you, my good man.

Cheerio.

Is Fowler and company (Palmer and James) calling this one??

Believe so. I remember watching Sports Center yesterday and Palmer and James disagreed whether Oregon should be ahead of Boise, and the other guy said something like "Be nice, you two will be together calling the game Thursday," or something to that effect.

i like to think of myself as more than the "average fan" (yogi bear) and i dont see this game being all that close. here is Thomas rushing stats from their game against UCF:

Thomas had 22 rushes for 76 yards that averaged 3.5 yards per carry, resulted in 0 touchdowns with his long run being 12 yards.

AGAINST UCF!

Kstate only had 83 total rushing yards against freaking UCF and we are worried?!?!?! WTF????? and might i also add that UCF GASHED KSU for 252 yards on the ground.

sorry boys but even if our weakness is stopping the run, our linebackers and linemen are better than UCFs.

we may struggle for a quarter or so in this game but it will be because of our mistakes and not because KSU is even close to as good as us, because they arent.

good luck KSU.

No disrespect to our D at all, but we can't diss UCF's rush defense either. They rank 30th in the nation, so they're no pushover and KSU learned that the hard way. Definitely a great sign for us if our Dline and LBs step up and shut down Thomas.

UCF is also 2-2 and have only beaten South Dakota and Buffalo.

AGAINST UCF!

+1 my friend. May the 11 players on the Blackshirt nation descend upon the Kansas State Wildcat offense :bonesflag:

good luck KSU.

AGAINST UCF!

Kstate only had 83 total rushing yards against freaking UCF and we are worried?!?!?! WTF?????

Comparing stats this way has never made sense. We've had bad running backs go for over 100 yards against us. That puts us back where we started. (I'm sure someone will probably chime in about our defense experimenting). I still think Nebraska will win by a lot, and I won't be surprised if he's held under 100 yards, but Thomas's performance against UCF can be considered as much of a fluke as Nebraska's against SDS.

I think KSU can keep it close early. Thomas will get some yards while he's still fresh. I'd put him down for just over a hundred yards on 25-30 carries, right around 4 per carry. Solid, respectable, but unspectacular. Thomas is usually able to make the first guy miss or break his tackle, but against Nebraska there will be three first guys getting to him at once, so a lot of his 7 and 8 yarders are only going to be worth 3 or 4. Nebraska will put KSU into several third and 5+ situations and KSU won't be able to convert. Nebraska will dominate time of possession and KSU's weak defense and lack of depth will get exposed.

Halftime score: Nebraska 21-10.

Final score: Nebraska 35-10.

I think KSU can keep it close early. Thomas will get some yards while he's still fresh. I'd put him down for just over a hundred yards on 25-30 carries, right around 4 per carry. Solid, respectable, but unspectacular. Thomas is usually able to make the first guy miss or break his tackle, but against Nebraska there will be three first guys getting to him at once, so a lot of his 7 and 8 yarders are only going to be worth 3 or 4. Nebraska will put KSU into several third and 5+ situations and KSU won't be able to convert. Nebraska will dominate time of possession and KSU's weak defense and lack of depth will get exposed.

Halftime score: Nebraska 21-10.

Final score: Nebraska 35-10.

i'd take that.

I have no doubt that Pelini will have his team fired up and wanting to prove that the SDSU embarrassment was a fluke. Unfortunately, that emotion will play against us in the early stages of the game. Kansas State will come out fired up on defense, making it difficult for us to move the ball at the beginning. Snyder's offensive calls will take advantage of our own over-pursuit on D and keep us off balance during the first few series, but we'll settle down and pull away in the second half, winning 31-13. K State might make the score look more respectable if we pull away late in the 2nd quarter or early in the 3rd and give them back some garbage points in the 4th. In that case, it'll be 31-20.

Or hell.....it could be a blowout. What do I know? LOL