UT losing 2 in a row could be the worse thing that could happen before 10/16

Mack Brown is a motivational coach, the kids will play for him no matter the record. They are hurting right now, I doubt the team has heard the things they are hearing from the fans since Mack has been there.

They have two weeks to prepare for Nebraska, they have more talent, just not experienced. It appeared they seemed to jell a little in the second half.

We needed Oklahoma to win last week for overall goals, but the upcoming game would have been easier if Texas had won. There will be no lack of concnetration, no lack of desire, and my guess no quit in the Longhorns. They are a proud program, with great talent, great coaching and no matter what shaggy says, a supportive fan base. They will give us all we want is my guess. The film from SDSU has been spinning since late Saturday afternoon and will be in bubbling puddle on the floor by the time they leave for Nebraska. We will have our work cut out for us.

Two proud programs going at each other, one thinking they are on top, the other licking their wounds, playing on heart and loyalty, should be a great battle.

Mack Brown is a motivational coach, the kids will play for him no matter the record. They are hurting right now, I doubt the team has heard the things they are hearing from the fans since Mack has been there.

They have two weeks to prepare for Nebraska, they have more talent, just not experienced. It appeared they seemed to jell a little in the second half.

We needed Oklahoma to win last week for overall goals, but the upcoming game would have been easier if Texas had won. There will be no lack of concnetration, no lack of desire, and my guess no quit in the Longhorns. They are a proud program, with great talent, great coaching and no matter what shaggy says, a supportive fan base. They will give us all we want is my guess. The film from SDSU has been spinning since late Saturday afternoon and will be in bubbling puddle on the floor by the time they leave for Nebraska. We will have our work cut out for us.

Two proud programs going at each other, one thinking they are on top, the other licking their wounds, playing on heart and loyalty, should be a great battle.

what makes you think mack is a motivational coach, or that they even have good coaches? because they don't, they can only win with superior talent, not just better talent. i agree with most everything else that you said. my question is, if they do come to lincoln hungry, what do we have to do to turn that hunger into crippling self-doubt? and can we do it? also, there is the distinct possibility that ut is just not that good.

if we have a big lead at half time, do they give up? it should be a good game and we, as fans, will have a fun october and november.

I expect to see them run the ball between the tackles, not their strong suit, but really not ours on defense. If they can move the ball on the ground, drawing our DB's up, we will see play action hoping for the big plays.

Key one, stop the run with our front 7, doing so makes them have to pass, which should lead to internceptions by our D. Stopping their running game with out unproven front 7 is the game as far as I am concerned. We do that, with Martinez and Helu/Burkhead running at them all afternoon, with long drives, keeping their defense on the field, we should win going away.

The team has to keep the crowd into it. It needs to be like the last time Texas was here, and I think it will be if not louder. I will be there and can hardly wait.

I expect to see them run the ball between the tackles, not their strong suit, but really not ours on defense. If they can move the ball on the ground, drawing our DB's up, we will see play action hoping for the big plays.

Key one, stop the run with our front 7, doing so makes them have to pass, which should lead to internceptions by our D. Stopping their running game with out unproven front 7 is the game as far as I am concerned. We do that, with Martinez and Helu/Burkhead running at them all afternoon, with long drives, keeping their defense on the field, we should win going away.

The team has to keep the crowd into it. It needs to be like the last time Texas was here, and I think it will be if not louder. I will be there and can hardly wait.

I hope that taylor passes the ball well if they load up the box. LoL Texas games have made me more upset more then anything. I punched a hole in my closet door after T.Nunn fumbled the ball against Texas in 2005.And I was kinda in denial about last years texas for like a week.

"UT losing 2 in a row could be the worse thing that could happen before 10/16"

That is not even close to accurate. Far worse is for the Huskers to be going into the game 0-1 in the conference. Think it can't happen? Think again. Our foes are a combined 3-11. K state is a very one dimensional offensive team just like us. I think we have a better defense but you sure couldn't prove it by our last outting. Until proven otherwise Bill Snyder is a better coach, sleaze bag, but a good coach.

Before we worry about savaging poor Texas and their fan's meltdown mania; consider how many of you will be acting on Friday morning if we get beat? Most likely will make the primadonnas in Texas look very calm.

Let's get through October hoping for and cheering for the Big Red, but not get too big for our britches. Humble pie tastes terrible.

"UT losing 2 in a row could be the worse thing that could happen before 10/16"

That is not even close to accurate. Far worse is for the Huskers to be going into the game 0-1 in the conference. Think it can't happen? Think again. Our foes are a combined 3-11. K state is a very one dimensional offensive team just like us. I think we have a better defense but you sure couldn't prove it by our last outting. Until proven otherwise Bill Snyder is a better coach, sleaze bag, but a good coach.

Before we worry about savaging poor Texas and their fan's meltdown mania; consider how many of you will be acting on Friday morning if we get beat? Most likely will make the primadonnas in Texas look very calm.

Let's get through October hoping for and cheering for the Big Red, but not get too big for our britches. Humble pie tastes terrible.

really? :dunno

the worse thing for october 16 would be a winless NU and a stout tu rolling everyone they played. right now, we have a solid NU and an ut that looks sub-par, at best.

i loved that thread @ bevo... wow never thought i would see so many texas fans on their knees at our feet.... only a couple of still delusional idiots.

Couldn't have said it any better! I love the one guy who said 'Nebraska is our bitch and they always will be'. I just may make a temporary 1 day account after this game just to mess with that guy!

I highly doubt the team is looking past K-State even if a lot of the fans are. Us as fans looking ahead to Texas will have ZERO effect on the outcome of the game this Thursday. Anyone saying otherwise is really kidding themselves. :moreinteresting<_<

Yeah lol unless us fans on the forum gear up to play K-state LOL

what makes you think mack is a motivational coach, or that they even have good coaches? because they don't, they can only win with superior talent, not just better talent. i agree with most everything else that you said. my question is, if they do come to lincoln hungry, what do we have to do to turn that hunger into crippling self-doubt? and can we do it? also, there is the distinct possibility that ut is just not that good.

if we have a big lead at half time, do they give up? it should be a good game and we, as fans, will have a fun october and november.

old mack and his coaches aren't worth a damn, they have more talent and can't coach the kids up, any good coach with these kids would be winning championships.

I keep having this daydream of Texas on Offense or Defense getting a penalty for punching a Nebraska player after tons and tons of Taunting by Longhorn Players making them look like "Thug U" Miami in the 1995 Orange Bowl. If things go our way early, I can honestly see Texas players pointing fingers at each other. We need to make Texas give up early. The Cornhusker Fans in the Stadium are going to be electrified, and I predict they will be the loudest they have ever been. The very last thing you may hear in Memorial Stadium is, " 10.. 9.. 8..!!" We need to play smart football against Kansas State and not overlook them, but 10-16-10, I have to work, so I'll be listening to the game on radio. I'll be waking up with Goosebumps. That is IF I can get to sleep the night before. The entire week of practice, Nebraska needs to put :01 on the scoreboard. To have Texas fans thinking the sky is falling, WOW! The main thing about Football is the Physical Aspect, however, the mental aspect plays a key role too. Anybody care to guess Pelini's pulse on 10/16/10? He will be rocking, and when they do the "jump" during the tunnel walk and then take the field, he'll probably be like 20 feet in the air!

Go Huskers!