UT losing 2 in a row could be the worse thing that could happen before 10/16

LOL.... after every loss, someone starts a thread saying " we will beat (insert team) next game".

Thujone... we are going to get skull f@@@ed by Nebraska. This is their superbowl. They would rather beat us and lose the big 12 then to lose to us and win the big 12.

Ha ha! A pretty hilarious thread over there on the scaredybevo website.

Really surprised to see so many of them cowering, thinking they are going to get smoked. All I have to say is 17-3 against SDSU. I think the Huskers can and will win but I am no where near thinking it will be a cake walk like some of those guys indicate.

And dangit - do not look past KSU!

Man I'm surprised to see them all assuming they have no chance to win at all. Granted, the bit of the game I saw I was surprised how soft Texas D looked, bad tackling.

i know. they are really beaten down. i always think NU has a chance, no matter how bleak.

the problem is that now with tu having two losses, we have to absolutely destroy them. ou manhandled them, but the score was still close and looked like an ugly win.

you guys remember how this series has went, right? 'meltdown' doesnt describe that thread, it describes us for the last 10 years vs. them. the demarco murray comment up there somewhere vs. rex burkhead (who i love) is a little disturbing as well...

lets get out of aggieville first, then worry about the 'guaranteed win' vs the whorns.

you guys remember how this series has went, right? 'meltdown' doesnt describe that thread, it describes us for the last 10 years vs. them. the demarco murray comment up there somewhere vs. rex burkhead (who i love) is a little disturbing as well...

lets get out of aggieville first, then worry about the 'guaranteed win' vs the whorns.

we dont run the same offense OU runs so that is actually not disturbing at all...

MY THOUGHS

1. i think texas will be only be fooling themselves about getting hyped (when if fact they will be pissed.. BUT ALSO for a lack of a better word over it....)

2. Nebraska needs to come out with guns f'ing blazin!!!! (the fast we can crush their desire and take away their desire and motivation the better)

i guess what i'm saying texas is gonna wrap themseleves in a false sense of optimism..... while in truth the loses will be too much i think for their bruised egos to take....

MY THOUGHS

1. i think texas will be only be fooling themselves about getting hyped (when if fact they will be pissed.. BUT ALSO for a lack of a better word over it....)

2. Nebraska needs to come out with guns f'ing blazin!!!! (the fast we can crush their desire and take away their desire and motivation the better)

i guess what i'm saying texas is gonna wrap themseleves in a false sense of optimism..... while in truth the loses will be too much i think for their bruised egos to take....

At first I was thinking the other way, that they needed to come in and prove themselves, now I am leaning more towards what you said.

They are a very young team, they will be trying to make things happen, and this will lead to mistakes etc. If we score on them fast it will be like the darkest days of Cally and they will start to roll over. They have much better coaching than we did so they wont completely lay down but mentally I think they will be crushed...

MY THOUGHS

if we frustrate them early, it will be hard to maintain any sense of confidence and not succumb to the overwhelming doubt.

MY THOUGHS

Yep.

Punch them in the mouth right away. They'll crumble like a house of cards......

If the Texas D that played in the first half against OU shows up, we should have no problem with them. If the Texas D that played in the second half against OU shows up, it will be a very long and difficult game. Personally, I think they're going to come to Lincoln with something to prove. While they may be young and inexperienced, they still are absolutely loaded athletically. If things play out like we all hope they do, Texas will be the most athletic team we play this year until the Big 12 Championship game against OU. While I like our chances against Texas, we're still going to have to play relatively error free football to win.

I was actually going to post something like this a couple days ago. I think also that Texass could pose a bigger threat than most are thinking. They had been in the top 25 something like 160 straight weeks. They have pride, talent, good coaches, and now have something to prove.

As far as the fans, I'm not surprised they're in meltdown mode. That's what fanbases do when you're ranked in the top 10 then fall out in 2 weeks. That's why you always hear teams saying, "we always believed in ourselves when no one else did."

yes, texass is down right now, but they'll come out swinging. And let's not forget how many close games they've won over us lately. They'll be ready.