Stadium Expansion

Work proceeds apace on both the East Stadium and the Arena.

DSCF0677.jpg

DSCF0679.jpg

They are moving right along with the ironwork here. I forgot to go to the south side and get a pic of the progress over there. Maybe next week.

DSCF0683.jpg

This shot is from atop the parking garage at 14th & Avery. Not sure it's very descriptive, but it's a different angle.

DSCF0689.jpg

DSCF0693.jpg

The bowl of the arena is pretty much finished. Some internal structural work to take care of, and this thing will be encircled. Compare these to the pics I took on FEB 9th, and you'll see that they've made tremendous progress.

Here are some pics from Huskers.com of the Arena model. Not sure if these have been posted here.

PBA_Model-A.jpg

PBA_Model-B.jpg

since when do they play Basketball in an arena with no roof?????

Nothing I hate more than the 10-picture unnecessarily quoted post. Grrrr...

Looks sick though.

Is the white U-shaped section down by the court going to be the student section? I sure hope so, having a full and connected student section would kick the energy at our games up a notch or two

Work proceeds apace on both the East Stadium and the Arena.

DSCF0677.jpg

DSCF0679.jpg

They are moving right along with the ironwork here. I forgot to go to the south side and get a pic of the progress over there. Maybe next week.

DSCF0683.jpg

This shot is from atop the parking garage at 14th & Avery. Not sure it's very descriptive, but it's a different angle.

DSCF0689.jpg

DSCF0693.jpg

The bowl of the arena is pretty much finished. Some internal structural work to take care of, and this thing will be encircled. Compare these to the pics I took on FEB 9th, and you'll see that they've made tremendous progress.

Here are some pics from Huskers.com of the Arena model. Not sure if these have been posted here.

PBA_Model-A.jpg

PBA_Model-B.jpg

since when do they play Basketball in an arena with no roof?????

352t0g.jpg

• Fire 1

Time-lapse video from atop Oldfather Hall showing current progress:

So, one of the comments on the video over on YouTube is: "Sad to know that outer wall will never be seen again."

That's not right, is it? I've always been under the assumption that the current outer wall will be visible inside the new part. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Time-lapse video from atop Oldfather Hall showing current progress:

So, one of the comments on the video over on YouTube is: "Sad to know that outer wall will never be seen again."

That's not right, is it? I've always been under the assumption that the current outer wall will be visible inside the new part. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

You can see the original West Stadium wall, but it's inside the facade and you can't see the whole thing anymore.

On the East Stadium there isn't a lot to see, just concrete walls and some seals. I went around and took pics of the seals a couple of years ago, and I'll post them here if anyone wants to see them. Of course the primary feature in the East Wall is the alcove, and that will be visible via the tunnel they're putting into the structure, but of course the view won't be the same.

They started putting up some of the outer concrete wall portions yesterday. Really beginning to tell how immaculate this will be.

Part of the new facade is starting to go up on the southern end of the project on Memorial. The place is going to look immaculate come finish

What do you guys mean by "immaculate?"