Stadium Expansion

Anymore update photos Knap?

Sorry, not this weekend. Super busy.

@Nobody - I don't mind that you did that. Just wondering what the purpose was?

i like the timelessness of black and white photos and i'm a budding photographer myself so i'm always editing random stuff in lightroom. i liked the pictures so i thought why not?

I posted them because i thought some people would appreciate the black and white versions for artistic value. But thats clearly not the case, im just gettin weird looks lol.

The latest stadium pictures were posted April 29th. It is May 9th... I'd think there'd be some pretty big changes after 10 days at the rate they were moving that steel up. I know some of you in Lincoln don't have time to post any pics right now, but can you give us a verbal update on how much progress they've made?

thanks!

Guys - it takes some time to go out there, take pics, download them to the computer, figure out which ones are worth posting, resize them/clean them up, and then post them.

I know everyone wants to know what's going on. But sometimes there just isn't time to get out there. It's a busy time of year.

I should be able to get some pics put up this Saturday. That's only two weeks since the last time I posted an update. Ya gotta be patient with me.

I just watched them lift a beam into place and position it start to finish. The crane lowered it down and it was spinning and swinging (slowly, not wildly) back and forth. Two guys, one on each end of where it was going to be positioned, were there to grab hold of it and try to guide it into place. It almost spun into one of the guy's legs but he lifted his legs out of the way just in time. Eventually both guys were able to grab hold of their ends and start to fasten that baby down.

Pretty sweet to watch, and those guys climbing around up there while hundreds of tons of steel swing around have some balls. Awesome work guys.

Ugh, I wish. Ive been spending the last 2 weeks getting ready for grad school, training my replacements at the lab, figuring out financial aid, looking for a new place to live, and signing a lease. Been crazy but I'll see what I can do, maybe tomorrow after work

Alright, long post incoming.

I'm nowhere near the photographer knapp is and I'm only armed with my phone, but I got a few snapshots from around the stadium today. Here goes...

View from the Manter-Hamilton catwalk again:

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

Damn You, Sun!

019.jpg

020.jpg

This is kind of neat, you can see how they've just built the structure of the stadium around the crane itself.

021.jpg

The very south end of the new expansion:

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

Now I'm not sure what this is...maybe a camera tower or something? It is being built about 20 yards south of south stadium.

025.jpg

Finally, the view looking back from the 10th Street walking bridge.

026.jpg

• Fire 6