Stadium Expansion

I was at the baseball games on Saturday, and me and my dad were wondering why they built the arena in between 2 railroad tracks. Where are they going to park people? Anybody know the official plans for that? I would think that they will have to re-route some of the train tracks in order to make it look like the mock-up arena.

There will only be one set of tracks when it's compete. They have to move Amtrak station to build the arena. The inside track will eventually be gone and that area will be filled with shopping and I believe parking.

That is the Amtrak station they're putting it west of the Arena. They can't move the existing tracks until that is done, so I thought I'd show progress on that. When I put up my last set of pics I think they still only had iron work up on that building, so they've made a lot of progress in two weeks.

That is the Amtrak station they're putting it west of the Arena. They can't move the existing tracks until that is done, so I thought I'd show progress on that. When I put up my last set of pics I think they still only had iron work up on that building, so they've made a lot of progress in two weeks.

I guess I was asking more on when you thought the station would be done?

Anyone else worried about what will inevitably be a huge clusterf#@k of traffic to and from events in PBA? IIRC, you have two entrance/exit options - going through those godawful roundabouts on 9th and 10th streets, or going through the heart of the Haymarket. I do not see 13,000 people doing this in any sort of smooth organized fashion. Not to mention people parking all throughout downtown creating a huge mess of random street and foot traffic. Ugh.

Anyone else worried about what will inevitably be a huge clusterf#@k of traffic to and from events in PBA? IIRC, you have two entrance/exit options - going through those godawful roundabouts on 9th and 10th streets, or going through the heart of the Haymarket. I do not see 13,000 people doing this in any sort of smooth organized fashion. Not to mention people parking all throughout downtown creating a huge mess of random street and foot traffic. Ugh.

We do it for football

We do it for football

Yep, and it is a mess.

Football games happen 7-8 times a year. This arena will have events all the time.

We do it for football

Yep, and it is a mess.

Football games happen 7-8 times a year. This arena will have events all the time.

the arena holds 16,000, memorial holds 85,000

• Fire 3

They will have at least one more North-South street to work with when everything is done, if I remember the renderings correctly. And whether you like the roundabouts or not, they will help traffic flow when leaving from an event at PBA. I think you may be forgetting that Haymarket Park parking will be available as well, if I recall correctly. I remember that coming up at least once during the runup to the vote, was whether that should be included in the parking available for the arena, and how many people would use it. Gives another avenue to get in and out. When all is said and done, I think traffic flow won't be a huge issue. Ultimately, if the traffic bothers you, you won't go to the events. I know people that don't go to football games for the most part because of that very reason, and avoid downtown like the plague on football Saturdays. All depends on what you want to put with.

I actually think traffic flows well on gamedays for what the infrastructure is like. Been to MANY games at Invesco Field (Sports Authority) and have had a lot more difficult time getting home that getting out of Lincoln.

Regarding the arena traffic tschu, I get that there will be more events there, but that doesn't make each individual event more difficult traffic-wise. I think it will work out just fine, and as another poster pointed out, there will be an additional road to help funnel traffic out. Also, I am sure many people will hang in the Haymarket area and let traffic funnel out.

I actually think traffic flows well on gamedays for what the infrastructure is like. Been to MANY games at Invesco Field (Sports Authority) and have had a lot more difficult time getting home that getting out of Lincoln.

Regarding the arena traffic tschu, I get that there will be more events there, but that doesn't make each individual event more difficult traffic-wise. I think it will work out just fine, and as another poster pointed out, there will be an additional road to help funnel traffic out. Also, I am sure many people will hang in the Haymarket area and let traffic funnel out.

Park down south on I-25 and take the light rail... :)

We park in the Indian Rez for tailgating and we get out of Lincoln after games in about 20-25 minutes. We always feel sorry for people heading east--it's a stand still parking lot on that highway. Lincoln doesn't really have bad traffic, even on game days

Park down south on I-25 and take the light rail... :)

We park in the Indian Rez for tailgating and we get out of Lincoln after games in about 20-25 minutes. We always feel sorry for people heading east--it's a stand still parking lot on that highway. Lincoln doesn't really have bad traffic, even on game days

This is back in the day when TREX was going on, so that wasn't an option. Now I have the misfortune of living in Fort Worth. But when I move back that's what I'll do.