The Official Say Something Nice About the Longhorns Thread

ADS

- They run a clean program. This is, sadly, becoming a rare commodity. Kudos to them.

- Mack Brown is a class act, even if half of it is forced or contrived. Always respectful, always kind, always smiling, even if it's a show, it's hard to do and it's the right thing to do.

- Say what you want about his intelligence (lets face it, moron would more than likely be a pretty accurate term), Vince Young is a respectful human being, and a flat out baller on the football field. Texas' only Brown-era championship was one, essentially, single-handedly.

- Colt McCoy is another class act. He came off as arrogant more than a share of times, but having cameras and microphones shoved in your face as often as he did you would probably say a few things you wish you hadn't too. Always played with heart, and plays/lives for the right reasons.

- I love their white uniforms, especially in cold weather games with the long sleeves. Remind me of.....stormtroopers or something, I think they look awesome.

Tex Mex food. Shiner Bock beer, made in Shiner Texas. Sausage. Stevie Ray Vaughan. Lucinda Williams. Lyle Lovett. Janis Joplin. Nanci Griffith. Steve Earle. 6th Street, although not as good as it used to be. Barbq. Breakfast tacos. Taking the kids up Hemisphere Tower. There's a helluva lot I miss about living there, it's just that the whorns ain't one of em.

Damn, now I need a Runza. Where's my Bright Eyes CD?

I admire the people of the Alamo.

....Of course most of them were Tennesseans

Nolan Ryan

a very unpretentious Galveston

Earl Campbell- the Tyler rose

Babe didrikson Zaharias

George Strait- pre 2000

I think the Texas Rangers, not necessiarly the baseball team, are cool how they wear their hats and all.

Buddy Holly