Alabama and Michigan

CBS guy said that he'd only drop Bama to 5. I call BS and I'd drop them below Auburn at 8(only undefeated SEC team that's looked good while winning).

Dropping Bama to 5 is perfectly reasonable. They played top 10 teams the last two weeks and then went on the road to play another ranked team that had bye week. Sure most people thought they were an unstoppable juggernaut that would still win but it's not shocking that they lost.

We have to earn our spot in the top 5 and will have the opportunity to do that the next three games.

You gotta put them below SC and Auburn though I would think...

I thought I heard Herbstreit and Brent say they would put them at #3. That would be ashame if that was the case. Yeah it is Bama but they lost. Time for others to have a shot. Hell they dropped Texas 12 spots in one poll and 14 spots in the other. When the #19 ranked team is 2 TDs better than you, that should say something as well.

Mark my words: they stay ranked above us.

Nah. Not after our game was impressive and on national television, and not with them getting beat by two touchdowns. Even during the Bama-usc broadcast, people were still talking about Martinez's performance from the other night. We turned some heads.

It doesn't matter how badly we embarrassed Jake Locker or the mildcats. Bama crushed 2 ranked opponents at home and won a tough game on the road against another top 10 team.

Rankings don't mean anything at this point in the season anyway. If we beat Texas (still a good team), OSU (ranked), Missouri (ranked) and are still ranked behind Bama, Boise and TCU then there's reason for some raised eyebrows. First things first though...

Shocked Alabama lost to South Carolina...again, South Carolina?! Major trap game for Bama after big wins @Arkie and vs. Fl. Just shows how hard it is to go undefeated and you gotta be up enough to win every game. Bama didn't even use their talent-rich RB's...they won't make that mistake again.

Michigan State is still a darkhorse for me...not surprised they won but am surpised they won fairly easily. Very solid football team. Michigan has no defense. Another example of how one offensive player (D. Robinson) is not going to carry an entire team.

Mark my words: they stay ranked above us.

Nah. Not after our game was impressive and on national television, and not with them getting beat by two touchdowns. Even during the Bama-usc broadcast, people were still talking about Martinez's performance from the other night. We turned some heads.

It doesn't matter how badly we embarrassed Jake Locker or the mildcats. Bama crushed 2 ranked opponents at home and won a tough game on the road against another top 10 team.

Rankings don't mean anything at this point in the season anyway. If we beat Texas (still a good team), OSU (ranked), Missouri (ranked) and are still ranked behind Bama, Boise and TCU then there's reason for some raised eyebrows. First things first though...

Here's the problem....LSU should be ahead of us, TCU, and Boise and OU...they've beaten at this time a now 18th ranked NC, 22 west virginia and 14 Florida yet they are 12th?!? HUH? Preseason polls should only be done by the AP for speculation and newspaper sales.

I listen to the Finbaum network, almost every day. Alabama has always been one of my favorite teams, but after 5 minutes of the Finebaum show, you absolutely hate their fans. This is the best thing in college football, damned near a Nebraska NC win.

I can hardly wait to hear the comments tomorrow.

Thank you South Carolina, Steve Spurrier and Garcia, you have made my football season a complete success to this point.