The Future of Taylor Martinez

Remember, Nebraska has one of the fastest and best defenses in all college football. And it was the revelation that Taylor Martinez was routinely blowing out his own defense in practice that made the coaching staff realize it was crazy to keep the freshman out of the game.

If Taylor Martinez can make the Huskers secondary miss, he can make anyone miss. But can he keep doing this the rest of the season? For the next four years? We're going to see a lot of customized schemes to stop him. They might even have better athletes than South Dakota State.

Now imagine next year's match-up between Martinez and Robinson and two defenses who are well-versed in this kind of quarterback.

• Fire 1

Remember, Nebraska has one of the fastest and best defenses in all college football. And it was the revelation that Taylor Martinez was routinely blowing out his own defense in practice that made the coaching staff realize it was crazy to keep the freshman out of the game.

If Taylor Martinez can make the Huskers secondary miss, he can make anyone miss. But can he keep doing this the rest of the season? For the next four years? We're going to see a lot of customized schemes to stop him. They might even have better athletes than South Dakota State.

Now imagine next year's match-up between Martinez and Robinson and two defenses who are well-versed in this kind of quarterback.

"We're all tired of chasing Taylor around in practice" - Eric Martin

• Fire 1

Simply an excellent post.

Tmart WOWed the blackshirts by blowing past them in practice like a hot knife though butter. Heh....I bet Bo & Carl were thinking....."Holy Sh*t!". The next thing you know, Bo shocks NU-Nation by starting a freshman over a returning senior at qb. I gotta really, really admire Bo for the balls it took to make that call. :worship On another NU forum that I won't mention our fans were crying, sobbing and having huge hissing fits over it. Not so much now though.... :lol:

Oh yeah, next years's Michigan game will be WILD and the media will be in a frenzy like never before.

Just a casual observation: when the offense was massively sucking last year and quarterbacks were getting yanked and reinstalled, all the blame was heaped on Shawn Watson. When the offense takes a gamble on an untested quarterback and undergoes a major retooling to accomodate his talents, the credit goes to....Bo Pelini?

Just a casual observation: when the offense was massively sucking last year and quarterbacks were getting yanked and reinstalled, all the blame was heaped on Shawn Watson. When the offense takes a gamble on an untested quarterback and undergoes a major retooling to accomodate his talents, the credit goes to....Bo Pelini?

Well I think you have to remember that this is a new offense too, not the crap coast offense anymore.

Well, I've heard nothing for certain but a LOT of folks claim it was Bo's call despite SW wanting to go with Green. I really don't know but I'm more than willing to credit them both.

I'm not a big fan of SW but I'm eating crow by the bucket due to this.....well, "shotgun veer" or whatever we call this offense that we're evolving into. Even if it was Bo's call for TM & a move to a run offense it's full credit to SW for adapting so very well and making it happen with outrageous success. Thank God the WCO is at least 90% gone. We're getting back to being NEBRASKA.