Only thing missing from the new board layout is...

Landlord

Fair point about the subforums. The idea is to make it so if you want to talk about those sports, you have less clicking to do. But perhaps people want that kind of separation of categories, even if they aren't the most popular of discussions.

sd'sker, there are some screwy things going on with the forum icons (i.e, read threads being either red or gray or manilla with no rhyme or reason to it), but we should have this resolved very soon. Unread threads are going to have bright read icons, and read threads will have dull manilla ones. Locked and moved threads will have dull icons.

Maybe I just don't know the new design enough but I can't tell what threads I've replied to anymore....

Wait, I'm a little confused, how did the old design do that? Let me know and I'll see if I can tell you how the new design does, or see if we can fix it if it's not doing that right now. * And I mean, not what threads you've opened, but what threads you've replied to.

Fair point about the subforums. The idea is to make it so if you want to talk about those sports, you have less clicking to do. But perhaps people want that kind of separation of categories, even if they aren't the most popular of discussions.

sd'sker, there are some screwy things going on with the forum icons (i.e, read threads being either red or gray or manilla with no rhyme or reason to it), but we should have this resolved very soon. Unread threads are going to have bright read icons, and read threads will have dull manilla ones. Locked and moved threads will have dull icons.

thanks, appreciate you getting back to me. otherwise, the new board is great!

Maybe I just don't know the new design enough but I can't tell what threads I've replied to anymore....

Wait, I'm a little confused, how did the old design do that? Let me know and I'll see if I can tell you how the new design does, or see if we can fix it if it's not doing that right now. * And I mean, not what threads you've opened, but what threads you've replied to.

The icon for the thread which you replied to had a green check in it. I think the biggest thing, at least for me, is the size of the icon and the coloring. Right now its harder to identify unread threads and threads which I reply to. 

The icon for the thread which you replied to had a green check in it. I think the biggest thing, at least for me, is the size of the icon and the coloring. Right now its harder to identify unread threads and threads which I reply to.

It's definitely a bit small, but right now the coloring of the icons is a little messed up. We should have a fix up very soon. Hopefully, it's distinct enough.

You're right on the green checkmark by the way - thanks! Helped us figure out exactly what is going on with these forum icons.

Let's see if I can address a few of the issues:

1. Chat's been discussed, but so far as I know there's not been a decision made on whether to offer it. If we did, I assume we'd use the add-on module for good integration, and that would cost, so it's not something I see happening soon.

I've used IP Board integrated chat modules before, safe to say they're junk. IRC is boatloads more flexible. I'm sure there has to be some mods that would embed a java applet into the forum somewhere that could connect to an IRC channel? I know there are tons of them for vBulletin, haven't ever looked for IP.

For the sake of unburying.

I daresay, you respond to my response with the statement I was responding to?

I think what AR is saying is that you should take the Board's silence on this issue as an answer, at least for now. We know you want this feature. Right now it is not a priority. If we can pull this off in the future we might, as the idea has not entirely been shelved. Thank you for your continued patience as we work through this process.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...