Flavor Of The Month Bandwagon

cmb23

I'm watching "The Experts" as I read this thread. Frankly, I don't see much Nebraska love from that bunch. There was just a consensus that an undefeated team from one of the major conferences should go to the MNC ahead of Boise, but when someone mentioned an undefeated Nebraska, the Huskers got dismissed by the group. I guess they should have qualified their statement that an undefeated team from one of the major conferences should move ahead of Boise UNLESS that team is Nebraska.

We're not the flavor of the month. We're not even close. If we were, our future opponents would get jacked up in the polls before we play to help boost our BCS numbers like what is done with teams in other conferences. I don't see that happening in the Big 12 this year with Nebraska having the most to benefit by it. The only thing our team can do is to punch every opponent squarely in the mouth and stomp on them while they're down.

It is always going to be an excuse with some of these a-holes. Last year it was "They'd be one of the best teams in the nation if they ONLY had a offense." Now that we have an offense, what's the excuse this year? No Suh, no defense? Our schedule is soft (as if Boise and TCU's aren't)? Most of these people make precious little sense, and one certainly shouldn't get upset over what they say. Just win and gloat a little with every one of our victories.

I'm watching "The Experts" as I read this thread. Frankly, I don't see much Nebraska love from that bunch. There was just a consensus that an undefeated team from one of the major conferences should go to the MNC ahead of Boise, but when someone mentioned an undefeated Nebraska, the Huskers got dismissed by the group. I guess they should have qualified their statement that an undefeated team from one of the major conferences should move ahead of Boise UNLESS that team is Nebraska.

We're not the flavor of the month. We're not even close. If we were, our future opponents would get jacked up in the polls before we play to help boost our BCS numbers like what is done with teams in other conferences. I don't see that happening in the Big 12 this year with Nebraska having the most to benefit by it. The only thing our team can do is to punch every opponent squarely in the mouth and stomp on them while they're down.

It is always going to be an excuse with some of these a-holes. Last year it was "They'd be one of the best teams in the nation if they ONLY had a offense." Now that we have an offense, what's the excuse this year? No Suh, no defense? Our schedule is soft (as if Boise and TCU's aren't)? Most of these people make precious little sense, and one certainly shouldn't get upset over what they say. Just win and gloat a little with every one of our victories.

plus it is all of the same talking points. they keep comparing t-mart to frazier and crouch because he had 241 rushing yards and they never did. that seems to be all that some know about t-mart, frazier, and crouch (and the guy who keeps saying it, they guy from georgia, i actually like. but he does not know more about the teams than i do; although i am sure he knows a lot more about football in general). they hear an interesting stat and cling to it to sound intelligent. even sometimes when they are positive to NU, they are way off. i just do not think they pay that much attention to a majority of the teams they talk about. i get that it is hard to know all things about all teams, but it is their job.

Uhm....we WOULD have been one of the best teams in the nation if we had an offense last year. And now that we have an offense, we're the fifth rated team in the country, ahead of several other undefeated teams from major conferences. And our freshman quarterback is a Heisman contender after only five games.

It blows my mind that people think Nebraska is getting dissed. I have yet to hear a college football analyst treat the Huskers with as much skepticism and concern as some Husker fans on this very board, while guys like you seem to believe anyone suggesting Nebraska won't run the table is a no expert a-hole.

It was only a year ago Nebraksa was losing at home to Iowa State. As exciting as we've become, we're not entitled to sainthood yet.

Like you say, just win and don't get upset. But thinking you should gloat at ESPN is absurd.

Uhm....we WOULD have been one of the best teams in the nation if we had an offense last year. And now that we have an offense, we're the fifth rated team in the country, ahead of several other undefeated teams from major conferences. And our freshman quarterback is a Heisman contender after only five games.

It blows my mind that people think Nebraska is getting dissed. I have yet to hear a college football analyst treat the Huskers with as much skepticism and concern as some Husker fans on this very board, while guys like you seem to believe anyone suggesting Nebraska won't run the table is a no expert a-hole.

It was only a year ago Nebraksa was losing at home to Iowa State. As exciting as we've become, we're not entitled to sainthood yet.

Like you say, just win and don't get upset. But thinking you should gloat at ESPN is absurd.

you are really on this paranoid kick. i cannot speak for paul, but i do not think they have an agenda (especially against NU), i just think they are lazy. that is all.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway to bring this back to attention...just listening to the USC loving apologist Cowherd on 1620 ESPN Radio, who had Bob Davie on. After this win against Okie State they both believe that Nebraska is a top 5 team right now. Does that mean BCS? Not necessarily, but they agree that they are among the best teams playing at this point in the season. Amazing how opinions can change week to week huh?

Anyway to bring this back to attention...just listening to the USC loving apologist Cowherd on 1620 ESPN Radio, who had Bob Davie on. After this win against Okie State they both believe that Nebraska is a top 5 team right now. Does that mean BCS? Not necessarily, but they agree that they are among the best teams playing at this point in the season. Amazing how opinions can change week to week huh?

Like I've always heard: opinions are like a$$hole$....everyone has one but mine is the only one that doesn't stink. Right now, NU is not a Top 5 team. Maybe if we have a strong showing and huge win against Mizzou but right now, there is no way I would put this team in the Top 5 of either the AP, Coaches or BCS polls.

I actually agree with them to a point. I don't think the Texas game is a true measure of the team. They psyched themselves out and simply didn't show up that day. The hype surrounding the game and the importance Nebraska fans put on it led to an embarrassing egg being laid and a huge loss of respect in the eyes of pundits and poll voters. I still think this is a much better team overall than last year and feel we are underrated in the polls right now. Somewhere in the 5-10 range sounds about right to me.

The good news is we can still have a big season if we can take care of top-10 Missouri this week and make our way to the Big-12 title game. Seeing Dan Beebe forced to hand over that trophy to Bo is the next best thing to a BCS championship to me. I'm already picturing the "who farted" expression on the Beeb's face when he's reciting the prepared congratulatory statement.

Like I've always heard: opinions are like a$$hole$....everyone has one but mine is the only one that doesn't stink. Right now, NU is not a Top 5 team. Maybe if we have a strong showing and huge win against Mizzou but right now, there is no way I would put this team in the Top 5 of either the AP, Coaches or BCS polls.

I agree, we are Top 15 at best right now until this team shows otherwise.

Seeing Dan Beebe forced to hand over that trophy to Bo is the next best thing to a BCS championship to me. I'm already picturing the "who farted" expression on the Beeb's face when he's reciting the prepared congratulatory statement.

So whats the line of if this happens, on whether or not Beebe grabs the trophy and runs off the stage hoarding it for himself and not giving it to us?

I actually agree with them to a point. I don't think the Texas game is a true measure of the team. They psyched themselves out and simply didn't show up that day. The hype surrounding the game and the importance Nebraska fans put on it led to an embarrassing egg being laid and a huge loss of respect in the eyes of pundits and poll voters. I still think this is a much better team overall than last year and feel we are underrated in the polls right now. Somewhere in the 5-10 range sounds about right to me.

The good news is we can still have a big season if we can take care of top-10 Missouri this week and make our way to the Big-12 title game. Seeing Dan Beebe forced to hand over that trophy to Bo is the next best thing to a BCS championship to me. I'm already picturing the "who farted" expression on the Beeb's face when he's reciting the prepared congratulatory statement.

What is more of a concern to me is how pourous our defense looked last week, and how bad it has been against the run. Also, our offense struggled against an ok texa$$ defense, and was stymied but SDSU.

IF we beat Mizzou (and I don't think it looks good) we should be back around 8 or 9. I just have a bad feeling about this one.

Mizzou will be a test, no doubt. They are a good team with a good D, but they're pretty much the same team as they were last year. There is no reason why we can't beat them. There is every reason we should beat them. All we have to do is EXECUTE. Nebraska is as good as any team in the nation if they execute. We just got to go out and, as Larry the Cable Guy would say, "GIT R DONE"