My Texas Thoughts

EZ-E

Follow my logic here:

UCLA HAMMERED Texas and ran the ball with some consistancy. They did not run all over Texas like the common misconseption has been. But they did have success running the football.

KState beat UCLA and sustained their running game with some regularity. So using that logic KSU has a better run defense than Texas, or so it would seem. I think we all remember what we did to KSU's run defense. Even if we can't run the ball all over them like we did to KSU, how the hell is Texas going to score? They have a QB that is fairly young as well who is prone to making some dumb throws. He has not seen a secondary as good as ours.

If we don't beat ourselves and bring our A game I don't see this one being as close as people think. Our team has plenty of motivation going into this one and is poised to run the table in the Big 12.

With the power running game failing horribly for mack and Co. Texas will have a tough time moving the ball on this defense, I see Texas scoring maybe 10-14 pts. It gets a little more interesting when our offense takes the field against possibly the most athletic defense we will see. They are not very disciplined, but have a lot of athletic ability. Our offensive line might have some minor trouble at first, but will start to pound the UT dline into submittion mid 3rd quarter. Opening some nice lanes for Roy, Rex, and of course Taylor. I see our offense scoring between 20-28 points.

I like your thinking on this, however, it's been my experience that you really can't compare game to game and common opponents in college football much anymore. When dealing with 18-23 year old kids, sometimes you just never know what you are going to get week in and week out. Emotion is a HUGE factor in College Football. With that said, your last sentence is dead on. If we play within ourselves and play how we know we can, we'll be fine. It's similar to last year's B12 championship game, only the roles are reversed. UT will need to play over their head to win this and we'll need to screw up somewhere along the way.

In the end, I'll take our players and for SURE our coaches over theirs. Mack Brown is a complete fool, any decent head coach down there and they would have a full trophy case of championships, with the type of talent they get year in and year out.

While my wildest dreams involve the Huskers hanging 40 on these guys, complete with a Pelini timeout with one second left on the game clock.....THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!

This is going to be a VERY physical game, and I completely expect UT to bring their best game of the season and give us all we can handle. This is the game where we see just how much magic Mr. Martinez really has, and we get a wonderful opportunity to put a nail in the coffin of Texas's aspirations for the season. Can't wait to get to my seat this weekend! Is it too early to start tailgating?

Be Loud, Be Proud, GO BIG RED!!

:bonesflag: :bonesflag: :bonesflag: :bonesflag: :bonesflag: :bonesflag:

You can't use competitive scores, it's all about matchups, tendencies, strengths v. weaknesses. And I have a feeling that with 2 weeks to prepare, tu will be ready and will show some wrinkles that we have yet to see.

Just like in the confrence championship game last year!

I like your thinking on this, however, it's been my experience that you really can't compare game to game and common opponents in college football much anymore. When dealing with 18-23 year old kids, sometimes you just never know what you are going to get week in and week out. Emotion is a HUGE factor in College Football. With that said, your last sentence is dead on. If we play within ourselves and play how we know we can, we'll be fine. It's similar to last year's B12 championship game, only the roles are reversed. UT will need to play over their head to win this and we'll need to screw up somewhere along the way.

In the end, I'll take our players and for SURE our coaches over theirs. Mack Brown is a complete fool, any decent head coach down there and they would have a full trophy case of championships, with the type of talent they get year in and year out.

This.

Every game is its own thing. Texas underestimated UCLA in a year when they seem to be down talent-wise (on offense). With a bi-week to prepare for Nebraska, I don't think we'll be able to just grind out 35 points without a couple breaks and a complementary passing game. If we can do that...look out.

:bigredn: HUSKER PRIDE...NATION WIDE!! :bigredn:

I am here in Austin flying my Husker Flag, and a lot of Horns fans are letting me know that I am #1. (wish they wouldn't use their middle finger when they do <_< )

I am hearing that Texas Defense is going to try to take away Martinez ability to run, taking a page from South Dakota. They think they have an opportunity to win if they make Martinez pass the ball.

I think if we spread the ball around, and use play action we will move the ball on their defense. They really struggle on offense and have difficulty being consistent I don't think they will be able to put many points on the board.

You have to remember that texas is going to be well coached and well planned for this game. Like every team, they will get better throughout the season, and we can't expect that just because they had a terrible run defense against UCLA (a team they may have overlooked) doesn't mean they havn't fixed those problems. They only lost to OU by 8 points.

They aren't terrible, we need to bring our A game.

I think this game will be close till midway through the 3rd and then we will pull away. Their offense is going to have a very difficult time moving the ball as will we, however we have Zenitram who if given an opportunity can go the distance. I dont see UT being able to contain him the entire game, he will get his yards. If/when we get up two possessions UT will be dead in the water because they will have to start throwing, which plays right into our strength.

Prediction: 35-14 NU