The Onside

I am firmly in Bo's corner as far as what he has done with the program. But that onside kick was the worst decision that he has made as a coach. 3 minutes to go with two timeouts and he goes for one of the lowest percentage plays in football. The field position which we have lacked all game could have been swung to help us and it cost NU any chance of tying this game. A lot of questions have arisen from this game, however this one hurt SO BAD.

• Fire 2

I am firmly in Bo's corner as far as what he has done with the program. But that onside kick was the worst decision that he has made as a coach. 3 minutes to go with two timeouts and he goes for one of the lowest percentage plays in football. The field position which we have lacked all game could have been swung to help us and it cost NU any chance of tying this game. A lot of questions have arisen from this game, however this one hurt SO BAD.

Maybe he called the onside kick because he didn't think we could stop the run.

which we couldn't.

I agree that it was a bad decision. But what Bo was thinking is that he has momentum and the offense has not played well at all. Maybe he thought the only way they could score is if they get the ball on the 50. But then again, kick it deep, get a 3 and out, a good punt return and youve got the same position.

You definitely kick it deep. Even for those that pull the "we couldn't stop the run" cry, Texas hadn't done crap the whole 2nd half. You play to your strengths and Bo I am sure feels that would be the D. A three and out there even burning the 2 TO's that were left you are looking at getting the ball the 35 at the worst with about 1:45 left. I will take those odds all day vs getting the ball at the 20 at best with no timeouts after the onside. Give the team a chance.

Wouldn't put it all on youth. Don't have to worry about having a QB beat anyone with their arm if the receivers cant catch anyways. They could have stuck 9 or 10 in the box, because you didn't need to cover on anything deep today. Receivers were just plain awful.

We got a lot of bad calls as expected, but catch the ball and we still run away with it.

Coaching wasn't great either. The onside was just a dumb decision. No idea where that came from. Too much time spent around Les Miles or something.

Just sickeningly poor performance.

I respectfully disagree with that call, even if we would have gotten the ball back I would still disagree with it. You have little chance of gaining what you want, GREAT chance of losing everything, whereas kicking it deep you have a good chance of getting at least some of what you want for a chance to tie or lead.

If we get the ball back he's a genius. Minus a few play calling questions here and there, the coaches gave the players the tools to win and we could not execute. 3 dropped touchdowns. That's is all that needs to be said. And I don't care if they haven't been thrown to, your a division one player. Catch the effing ball.

Although this is true the kick was too risky bc/ they are almost immediately in FG range.

The dropped passes are just not OK in any way.

The onside was an absolutely TERRIBLE call. Kick it out of the back of the endzone and let your so-called vaunted defense get you the ball back. The players played like crap today but the coaching was also pathetic. How can you not challenge the Reed catch to keep that drive alive?! We needed every drive to keep us in the game and you just give TX that one??? Pull your head out! :madash :madash :madash

Just heard it on the radio, so I'll try to paraphrase:

Bo on the onside: "We figured we had to stop them either way; if they got a first down at all, the game was pretty much over. Would we have had a longer field, sure, we rolled the dice. But we decided to play aggressive, and give ourselves another opportunity. I don't know if it was the right call, but I thought at the time it was the right call."