Ricky Thenarse

M I K E

How many times did he try to make a tackle by going for the "big hit" and just throwing his shoulder into the ball carrier? After the first time he tried that and failed miserably you think he would start wrapping guys up. But no, I saw him do it several more times, as well as just flat out missing some hits. I thought he was almost as disappointing as the receivers. dry.gif

• Fire 2

How many times did he try to make a tackle by going for the "big hit" and just throwing his shoulder into the ball carrier? After the first time he tried that and failed miserably you think he would start wrapping guys up. But no, I saw him do it several more times, as well as just flat out missing some hits. I thought he was almost as disappointing as the receivers. dry.gif

He wasn't alone, more then a few "tackles" were missed when they'd just not wrap someone up. He definitely had the most obviously glaring example of that.

It's like the entire team gets a big win and then forgets to do the little things... Like tackle, catch, and hold onto the ball next week.

That was really, really irritating. I was hoping that our players would watch how SDSU made up for differences in raw talent by really hitting fundamentals. Instead, we saw a safety trying to take down a big texas RB by throwing a shoulder at him.

Fail.

Texas got their first TD when Ricky was suppose to tackle Gilbert and instead of 4th and 3 and forcing a FG, he throws a shoulder and Gilbert gets a first down. On their 2nd TD, the running back is at the 30 and runs for another 20 yards after a Ricky shoulder tackle. The last drive when we needed a stop he missed a tackle.

If I am 4 deep in beers in a bar in CA and see this, why is this kid on the field and tackling like a pop warner tackler?

Also, on the first FG, Gilbert had a 20 yard scramble to the 10, Ricky missed the tackle. Wiffed the tackle is a better description.

It is not just Rickey Thenarse, stop pointing the finger at one guy. Look back at the rest of the games and watch how many defensive players missed tackles because they throw their body at the person or shove them, instead of hitting the guy up top and wrapping him up.

I don't know who the hell is teaching these guys to tackle like sissies, but its getting really old and needs to change, even if that means someone gets fired. Blackshirts are suppose to play DIVISION I COLLEGE FOOTBALL, not FLAG FOOTBALL.

I would have to say that yes both #3's had a bad day however this guy missed on key momentum plays to stop Texas, Gilberts big run where he had a terrible angle, the 3rd down play where he tried to bring him down with "a big hit" but Gilbert just turned into the first down, and who was the Linebacker that totally bit on the reverse and left his house so Gilbert could take his TV, chair, and snacks while scoring a TD?