Kyler Reed catch

Apathy

Does anybody have a link to this catch that was ruled not a catch and not reviewed. Why were two fumbles reviewed that were clearly a fumble and not a fumble but Reed makes a catch but the booth and Pelini didn't review it.

My dad had his headphoned on throughout the game and the announcers said it was a catch.

Does anybody have a link to this catch that was ruled not a catch and not reviewed. Why were two fumbles reviewed that were clearly a fumble and not a fumble but Reed makes a catch but the booth and Pelini didn't review it.

My dad had his headphoned on throughout the game and the announcers said it was a catch.

Ya, it was a catch. We punted too quickly for an official review. And idk what our coaches in the press box were doing that they didn't tell Pelini it was a catch

When did this happen? Another question i have is after watching the espn u replay tonight i noticed something. Did the clock rule change for out of bounds? Before the pooch kick that Hagg returned for a td, the 3rd down play, the reversed (i think) to kirkendahl, he ran out of bounds 3 yards short of the 1st down, stopping the clock at 3:51, after a few seconds that clock began to run again, allowing 49 seconds to run of by the time Hagg gets to the endzone. As it turned out no, but that 49 seconds couldve been a big deal. I was just wondering if the rule had changed in a year or so, cuz it is something ive never noticed before.

When did this happen? Another question i have is after watching the espn u replay tonight i noticed something. Did the clock rule change for out of bounds? Before the pooch kick that Hagg returned for a td, the 3rd down play, the reversed (i think) to kirkendahl, he ran out of bounds 3 yards short of the 1st down, stopping the clock at 3:51, after a few seconds that clock began to run again, allowing 49 seconds to run of by the time Hagg gets to the endzone. As it turned out no, but that 49 seconds couldve been a big deal. I was just wondering if the rule had changed in a year or so, cuz it is something ive never noticed before.

i noticed that too. i also noticed the game clock started when the play clock hit 24 or 25 seconds. maybe that's the rule?

I'm kind of surprised how many people seem to not know about the rule change about the "Ball out of Bounds" timing change... I thought it was pretty big news before? I couldn't exactly find the rule... but here is one reference I found:

Ball Out Of Bounds (Rule 3-2-5-a-12). When a ball is carried or fumbled out of bounds, the game clock will stop, as always. Beginning in 2008 the game clock will start on the referee’s signal when the ball is ready for play, not on the snap. In the last two minutes of the half, however, the clock will start on the snap as before, preserving the ability of the offensive team to maximize strategic use of the clock.

So in that case, I think the clock started after the referee placed the ball and started the clock... Does that sound correct to anyone else?

I'm kind of surprised how many people seem to not know about the rule change about the "Ball out of Bounds" timing change... I thought it was pretty big news before? I couldn't exactly find the rule... but here is one reference I found:

Ball Out Of Bounds (Rule 3-2-5-a-12). When a ball is carried or fumbled out of bounds, the game clock will stop, as always. Beginning in 2008 the game clock will start on the referee’s signal when the ball is ready for play, not on the snap. In the last two minutes of the half, however, the clock will start on the snap as before, preserving the ability of the offensive team to maximize strategic use of the clock.

So in that case, I think the clock started after the referee placed the ball and started the clock... Does that sound correct to anyone else?

hmm, so it runs because it was 3 minutes instead of 2? that is dumb.

Back to the OP, it was a catch, and yes NU lined up and punted to quickly, but as close as it was I can't believe the call for a booth review was not made a lot quicker.

I think they have a pace they do things in the replay booth. Once they hit the button, it stops the game, so they don't want to hit it unless they think there is a good chance. Since it would favor the offense, I bet they thought they had more time to look at it before stopping the game. We snapped too quickly on the punt for them to hit the button.

@whatever, the clock never just continually ran on out of bounds plays, at least not in our time.

Back to the OP, it was a catch, and yes NU lined up and punted to quickly, but as close as it was I can't believe the call for a booth review was not made a lot quicker.

I think they have a pace they do things in the replay booth. Once they hit the button, it stops the game, so they don't want to hit it unless they think there is a good chance. Since it would favor the offense, I bet they thought they had more time to look at it before stopping the game. We snapped too quickly on the punt for them to hit the button.

@whatever, the clock never just continually ran on out of bounds plays, at least not in our time.

It was a close call——at game speed. I guess the refs could miss it even though they were right on top of it. But our booth cost us a possession. There is no excuse for punting instead of challenging it. The replay clearly showed Reed’s toe inbounds and possession to make the catch.