Game Day in Lincoln?

Gameday is going to Oregon vs. USC

@Dan_Rubenstein: Gameday's at USC next week, but due to sanctions, it's just Chris Fowler, a handicam, and Bob Barker's old microphone

So much for their excuse for not coming to Lincoln for the UT game. Texas has two losses and its not gonna be a big game in the public eyes. Well guess wat, I can give two sh**s about USC/OU. USC sucks!

No kidding, USC will probably get blown out anyway. Sanctions and all they are still all over USC's junk, there not even bowl eligible. It's too bad it would be a great atmosphere for Game Day to be at especially if they were able to switch it to a night game!

It would have been fun for the fans to have Game Day in town but I don't think the team needs the additional distractions.

The dumbest statement ive ever heard. Reason why you would want "GameDay".....................................

If "GameDay" is at Nebraska it means we are RELEVENT and playing in a big game. After all isnt that what college football is all about the big game. I can just imagine Bo praying at home hoping "GameDay" doesnt show up cause he is scared it will be a distraction to the team. Eat those words and forget that you ever thought of such a crime. Your probably a little upset about not wanting "GameDay" because your mad Texas beat us. Get over it already, had we taken care of business against Texas "GameDay" would be in our backyard this weekend but we didnt, that being said lets beat some Mizzou a@@ this weekend!!!!!!!!! GBR

In this case it means one team is relevant. NO big deal they are not coming. I personally could care less. I have had the game day experience. Again fun, but I doubt I would go again. And with the history of this team buying into the hype it might just be better they are not here. It is not about what the rest of the country or media think, it is about winning. It will not be as stressful for the kids, a positive as I see it, and not as exciting for the fans, big deal.

It would have been fun for the fans to have Game Day in town but I don't think the team needs the additional distractions.

The dumbest statement ive ever heard. Reason why you would want "GameDay".....................................

If "GameDay" is at Nebraska it means we are RELEVENT and playing in a big game. After all isnt that what college football is all about the big game. I can just imagine Bo praying at home hoping "GameDay" doesnt show up cause he is scared it will be a distraction to the team. Eat those words and forget that you ever thought of such a crime. Your probably a little upset about not wanting "GameDay" because your mad Texas beat us. Get over it already, had we taken care of business against Texas "GameDay" would be in our backyard this weekend but we didnt, that being said lets beat some Mizzou a@@ this weekend!!!!!!!!! GBR

Oh right, lack of Gameday means means two irrelevant teams nobody cares about about will be playing.

I'm positive Bo couldn't care less about it. It's fun for the fans and a nice showcase for the school and city but all it adds to the football game is a circus atmosphere. And yes, given the letdowns we've had at home it's not worth crying about being passed over.

What do you guys think? Gameday for us next week?

The only other game that could hold a candle to ours is Michigan St. vs. Iowa. I honestly don't know which way they'll go with this one. Both match-ups involve undefeated teams, and it could really go either way. Everyone knows that dat dere ESPN luvs dem sum Big 10 showdowns, but I feel a bit better about our chances since Northwestern had Sparty on the ropes yesterday, and Iowa (specifically Ferentz himself, calling that timeout) p*ssed away that game yesterday that leaves them with two losses. If you don't know what I mean, google the game and find a game recap.

I know there are bound to be a ton of guys who say "Who cares, Gameday sucks, all we need to worry bout is winning on the field"... there always are. But the exposure would be good for us, and I'm just curious as to whether you think our game trumps theirs and will win Gameday over.

Wow, handy, I didn't know mods could transfer a whole thread into another like that. Powerful mods man... :o

Did they seriously already announce that speed?

We can also spin straw into gold. ;)

If you look on the first page of this thread, there are a few tweets from Game Day people saying they're going to be at the UO/USC game.

Re friggin diculous.

No way this is a Gameday worthy game... Not this year. I understand the tradition involved, but seriously! USuCks is 5-2 and just hasn't impressed me, regardless of how close their losses were.

Oh well, still gonna be a dynamite game next Saturday. SOOOO JACKED. We owe Mizzou one more butt whupping before we head off to our new home.