Bash Ron Franklin and his buddy thread

Ecstatic to see this thread. I checked in on HB after the hit and some of those that post were berating Martin for his 'cheap shot'.

f#*k YOU PEOPLE and you know who you are.

Yes, someone was hurt on the play. And ABSOLUTELY concussions are very SERIOUS matters. I'm not one of those old school callous a$$hole$ that think EVERY hit is legal and answer every question with 'this is FOOTBALL'.

Eric Martin is a man among boys on ST. He's been that way since he got on campus. His hit was LEGAL. It was a block. It looked bad because the guy who got hit was not aware of his surroundings and got LEVELED.

f#*k Franklin! How does Martin's family, friends feel about Eric being singled out as a cheap shot artist as they watch him play?

He gave a high five on the sideline. NO ONE knows what the context of that was. I'm pretty sure it wasn't "nice work #46. Hope that guy never walks again. HIGH FIVE!"

I absolutely concur. Unbelievable unprofessional behavior by the color guy.

I counted three times where NU had a play go for no gain, but Franklin announced "a loss of about 3 yards on the play." Seriously?

Yeah, and Martin's hit was beautiful.

Thenarse, on the other hand... WTF dude. How has he not learned tackling fundamentals yet? That sh#t is dangerous.

What's stupid about Thenarse is that when you duck your helmet like that:

A You can't wrap up

B You can't see anything and a good stiff arm will send you to the turf

C You have a great chance of hurting someone. Most likely, yourself.

Let's see the replay, someone post a video of it when it's available. I saw helmet to helmet, but others have said it was not. If it was not, then I maintain he hit the guy above the shoulder pads, which is still illegal.

Put up the video and I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong. However, I did not ever call it a cheap shot. Only that it was an illegal hit, which happens.

Don't forget Ron Franklin went off on Larry Asante last year during the Oklahoma game for "celebrating" an injured Sooner. Asante didn't know right away the guy was hurt and was just hopping up and down after a big hit. When he realized he was hurt he waved the trainers over. Yet Franklin chose to attack Asante for ten minutes while the camera was pointed at him. Franklin has an agenda with Nebraska.

I like how they also spent the last 5 minutes of the game talking about how Nebraska fans are too obsessed with the football team. Thanks for a great broadcast, guys. As if there wasn't enough action in the game to talk about. It's not like there wasn't a bajillion total yards of offense and almost a hundred total points scored. Or, NU finally beat a team inside the top 20 (amazing how they forget about that storyline when we finally shake it). Yeah, let's focus on NU fans being bad people.

I counted three times where NU had a play go for no gain, but Franklin announced "a loss of about 3 yards on the play." Seriously?

Yeah, and Martin's hit was beautiful.

Thenarse, on the other hand... WTF dude. How has he not learned tackling fundamentals yet? That sh#t is dangerous.

What's stupid about Thenarse is that when you duck your helmet like that:

A You can't wrap up

B You can't see anything and a good stiff arm will send you to the turf

C You have a great chance of hurting someone. Most likely, yourself.

Somebody should show him the video of Eric LeGrand to let him know what can happen when you tackle with your head down (Thenarse's hits are even worse than LeGrand's was). This guy won't play football ever again and he might not even be able to walk again, which is a shame.