Bash Ron Franklin and his buddy thread

If anything it was incidental helmet to helmet. Martin lead with his shoulder but when he hit him their helmets banged. Wasn't malicious at all, just Martin being Martin (maybe someone should talk to him about that though, just as a danger to get a penalty). Though I would've liked for him to move on and look for the next guy rather than celebrating the hit.

I think it is borderline and if the roles were reversed we would probably be crying foul. Either way, celebrating the hit on the field like that is probably one of the reasons the piss poor announcers threw a hissy fit like a little girl.

I do think it was a legit hit, but can see how it could be borderline at the same time. It is really frustrating me with all of the too hard of hitters. I think it is absolute crap when a d-lineman gets chopped and they praise the hell out of the offensive player for hustling and making a great block...even though the d-lineman is down on the ground grabbing his blown out knee.

I am biased being a defensive coach and refs continuing to tell me that it is football to have an offensive guy do something like that, but when a defensive player comes up and makes a big hit, they automatically throw a flag or complain about it being a cheap shot.

The thing that people need to realize is the VAST majority of helmet shots are incidental. Everything happens so fast out there you can't always control what happens. A guy jumps higher than you think, you hit his head, a guy goes lower than you think and you hit his head.

There were DOZENS of helmet shots in that game, in every game, but they're barely ever mentioned unless a guy get's hurt. A guy happens to get hurt and all of a sudden the guy making the hit is a dirty player or a head hunter? That's BS. Go watch soccer if you can't handle it.

Finally, Martin's hit was clean and legal. The announcers were idiots.

• Fire 1

That's the thing, it doesn't matter if it's incidental if you're hitting the guy up high like that. If you're laying a big hit up high and you get helmet contact, they're going to call it if they see it. They'll either call you for helmet to helmet or targeting above the shoulders.

As I said, I want to see a better video.

I wish I could have found a stream, so that I could really bash these guys but I didn't. Is it bad that I'm mad about it anyways?

you are the second person to say that. Does espn3.com not work for everybody? I remember something about certain ISP block it.

espn 3 didnt work it said the game was blacked out, emailed them but for no result, they gave me a bs message about the game not being broad cast in this area.

This is friggin football...ITS A PHYSICAL GAME!!! HELMET TO HELMET WILL HAPPEN....shouldn't get penalized for it...

The people in charge of the game, at both college and NFL, apparently disagree with you. They don't call minor, incidental contact.

Welp...I do care about players well being...but there are risks to this game..just like anything they you endure in life...there are risks...I think it is DUMB to start fining NFL players for helmet to helmet....looks like the intensity of the game...might go down a bit...we'll see...