I just wanted to put this out there....NE/MU

Anyone else finding themselves quite sad that this will be the last time for the forseable future we play? I grew up as a Nebraska fan until I went to college in Missouri. I've been cheering for the Tigers for about 10 years now. This game is always a lot of fun because my family is split between NE and MU fans.

Nebraska has had a great tradition, and Mizzou's recent success finally started to make this a true rivalry. It just feels like this matchup is ending at the wrong time. This is perhaps the most evenly matched our teams have been in years. Nebraska dominated for a long time, and a lot of MU's success came against the "bad" Nebraska teams.

I hope the game lives up to the expectations of being epic. At first I was concerned about how MU would match up. Our running game had been struggling, and your secondary is tough, which was concerning if we were relying on the pass. After this weekend, I have more optimism as it seems like we have found our running game and you guys have struggled defensively against the run.

On defense, we obviously have to shut down Martinez, force him to pass and win the one-on-one matchups.

Any thoughts on how you guys see things matching up?

Hey Fro,

How big is the loss of your NT Hamilton? I tried to re-watch the OU game and I didn't see where he got hurt. I looked to see how disruptive he was, but I didn't see a whole lot of him. I know losing some key defenders can hurt.

Thoughts?

He has been good this year. And he starts for a reason. But with that said we rotate our DL and since we got Burge and Aldon Smith back this last week it could have been alot worse than it currently is.

FYI Hamilton went down i think about midway through the first. So they basically played the whole OU game without him.

I was extremely worried about losing Hamilton because DT is where we have the least amount of depth. However MU did play significantly better defense in the second half of the OU game. In addition to that we could see Missouri line up 4 DEs on occasion like they did against Illinois. It worked at containing Sheelhause, so hopefully it can do the same for Martinez. His breakway speed is my number one concern.

Anyone else finding themselves quite sad that this will be the last time for the forseable future we play? I grew up as a Nebraska fan until I went to college in Missouri. I've been cheering for the Tigers for about 10 years now. This game is always a lot of fun because my family is split between NE and MU fans.

Nebraska has had a great tradition, and Mizzou's recent success finally started to make this a true rivalry. It just feels like this matchup is ending at the wrong time. This is perhaps the most evenly matched our teams have been in years. Nebraska dominated for a long time, and a lot of MU's success came against the "bad" Nebraska teams.

I hope the game lives up to the expectations of being epic. At first I was concerned about how MU would match up. Our running game had been struggling, and your secondary is tough, which was concerning if we were relying on the pass. After this weekend, I have more optimism as it seems like we have found our running game and you guys have struggled defensively against the run.

On defense, we obviously have to shut down Martinez, force him to pass and win the one-on-one matchups.

I have mixed emotions about the entire thing.

Getting too in-depth with it could easily lead to a you-know-what match, so I just chalk it up to being bitter sweet.

I'm interested to see how things match up. This will be the first heavy rushing attack offense Missouri faced since Navy last year, but Nebraska was able to show (against a below average pass defense, however) that they can throw the ball if they need to, and they can throw it well. I'm interested to see how Missouri responds to one of the more dynamic offenses they will face this year.

As far as Nebraska's defense is concerned, I'm not too worried about how they performed against Oklahoma State. Blackmon is arguably the best receiver in the nation and best in the conference, while Hunter is is one of the most underrated backs in the nation. OSU also runs a variation of the full house backfield, making it very difficult to key in on who is going to get the ball. It's an unorthodox offense to prepare for. Plus, Nebraska usually has one game a year where they underperform in the passing game and then get things turned around. The only reason OSU did well is because our corners didn't make plays on the ball like they always do, which is exactly what happened against Texas Tech last year.

At this point, it's tough to know what to think. It's comforting to know the game is at home but it's also uncomfortable considering Nebraska has not performed well at home the last two games.

Missouri can kiss my a...............oh wait..............civil I got ya. j/k :)

I think we match up to eachothers weaknesses fairly well. Our defense has problems against the run and you guys ran the ball well against OU. You are gonna need to run the ball well because I just don't think you have the same receivers that OSU had when they burned our secondary for some big plays this past weekend. I mean that with all the respect in the world too, not trying to be a jerk. I do think your defense is vunerable to the outside and that's where Taylor Martinez is at his best. We really threw OSU for a tizzy when Martinez came out firing the ball so your defense is going to be forced to respect his ability to throw after last weekend. It should open up the run some for us again and then who knows what'll happen. I don't think the issue is gonna be with our offenses, it's gonna be with our defenses and what they can and can't defend.

Its going to be a great match up across the board, do I think that Mizzou has a better O than OSU? No, but their D is far less forgiving than OSU. It is going to come down to what team makes the right adjustments, I see this being a knockdown battle for points. Special teams and field position may be the keys to victory in this one.

Hey all,

Conversations have been good that i have seen so far. I know there will be disagreements. And I know some Husker fans hate Mizzou, just like I know MU fans that hate the Huskers.

But I am making a statement/plea to be cival to one another and lets have a spirited, informative and trolling/D Bag free game week on this board.

:cheers

EDIT: This is more for the MU fans coming to visit. But it never hurts to remind some in the home crowd also... :)

been meaning to talk to you fro..... i am impressed with the physical play you guys have shown. if you remember me talking to you before the season I said that you had to be more physical to beat the upper level teams. so far you guys seem to doing that..... hopefully we can match that on saturday.

I have mixed emotions about the entire thing.

Getting too in-depth with it could easily lead to a you-know-what match, so I just chalk it up to being bitter sweet.

I'm interested to see how things match up. This will be the first heavy rushing attack offense Missouri faced since Navy last year, but Nebraska was able to show (against a below average pass defense, however) that they can throw the ball if they need to, and they can throw it well. I'm interested to see how Missouri responds to one of the more dynamic offenses they will face this year.

As far as Nebraska's defense is concerned, I'm not too worried about how they performed against Oklahoma State. Blackmon is arguably the best receiver in the nation and best in the conference, while Hunter is is one of the most underrated backs in the nation. OSU also runs a variation of the full house backfield, making it very difficult to key in on who is going to get the ball. It's an unorthodox offense to prepare for. Plus, Nebraska usually has one game a year where they underperform in the passing game and then get things turned around. The only reason OSU did well is because our corners didn't make plays on the ball like they always do, which is exactly what happened against Texas Tech last year.

At this point, it's tough to know what to think. It's comforting to know the game is at home but it's also uncomfortable considering Nebraska has not performed well at home the last two games.

Here's my biggest concern. If our pass rush is as stellar against Mizzou as it was against Okie State, we will lose this game. As far as I'm concerned, Weeden is not as good as Gabbert. If our DL plays as poorly as OU's which I thought it did play that poorly against Okie State, Gabbert will pick us apart. I don't care how great our secondary is because they won't be able to contain that long. I hope we don't get into a shootout again this weekend.

I think we're more likely to have an influx of trolls after the game if Missouri wins than prior to the game. After all the mouth-shooting last year, and the crushing loss, the kind of person willing to troll an opponent's board is less likely to put themselves out there again - they don't want to suffer the embarrassment again.

If Missouri wins the braggarts and blowhards will return. And they'll last about as long as a French trooper on the Maginot Line.

BINGO! There were a lot of VERY confident MU fans here last year. For some reason they disappeared. Funny how that works.

been meaning to talk to you fro..... i am impressed with the physical play you guys have shown. if you remember me talking to you before the season I said that you had to be more physical to beat the upper level teams. so far you guys seem to doing that..... hopefully we can match that on saturday.

yep i do remember. I stated my concerns were with the DT's. I felt good about our OL, but alittle uncertain about how good they could be. The DL has done great so far and the OL has lived up to the preseason talks.

MU won that game against OU because of our O and D lines. I havnt been able to say that about a top level team before....its a nice change. :)