Will MU play 2 QBs on Saturday?

Just a thought. MU showed against OU that they are willing to put in a more mobile quarterback (Franklin) in certain situations.

NUs defense has looked vulnerable to mobile quarterbacks, particularly when they didn't gameplan for them. I'm thinking of UT and KSU in particular. Neither team had shown much of a QB run game until they played Nebraska and both were effective.

If I noticed that . . . surely MUs coaches and NUs coaches noticed that. Maybe gameplanning TOO much for a particular offense is a chink in the Pelini defense armor?

Just a thought. MU showed against OU that they are willing to put in a more mobile quarterback (Franklin) in certain situations.

NUs defense has looked vulnerable to mobile quarterbacks, particularly when they didn't gameplan for them. I'm thinking of UT and KSU in particular. Neither team had shown much of a QB run game until they played Nebraska and both were effective.

If I noticed that . . . surely MUs coaches and NUs coaches noticed that. Maybe gameplanning TOO much for a particular offense is a chink in the Pelini defense armor?

Once Mizzou is up by 40 or more, expect to see Franklin.

Once Mizzou is up by 40 or more, expect to see Franklin.

Cute............ :box

Once Mizzou is down by 40 or more, expect to see Franklin.

fixed it for you, honest mistake

Once Mizzou Nebraska is up by 40 or more, expect to see Franklin.

Fixed it for you. :nutz

We'll see Franklin for a series or so. Pinkel has been doing this for years--giving the young guy a series or so. Even in big games. It's how he develops QBs. I wish we did more of it at NU.

I don't know. He got 1 play vs. OU (albeit a big one) and just a handful at the end of a blowout win at A&M. This is a pretty damn big game to give a whole series to a young, untested QB. I would expect 2-3 plays, tops, scattered throughout the game.