Big 12 suspends Eric Martin for one game

Nexus

This is a load of crap!!! Its the players own fault he was defenseless running down the field in lala land. If your on the field on kickoff expect to get hit. Hate to see big hitters get punished for what they do. Their helmets may have hit but it was coincidental. Use it as motivation, Let's win one for the Martin!!!!

It's near the end.

Advance to the 1:35 mark. The hit is in the lower right quad of the screen. Head hunting - clear as a bell. Cheap, dirty shot... and then laughing on the sideline. Thug play.

How is this cheap or dirty again?

Because of the rules:

"According to the National Collegiate Athletic Association's 2005 Football Rules and Interpretations: "No player shall use his helmet (including the face mask) to butt or ram an opponent or attempt to punish him. There shall be no spearing. No player shall strike a runner with the crown or the top of his helmet....""

Yep, we can only assume that he was laughing on the sideline because of the hit he made... Did they have a f'ing microphone hooked up to Eric Martin? Did they listen to his conversation? He didn't give a sh#t, because he did what he was supposed to do. Clear out the field for Niles. Martin was probably talking about some chic he was with the night before, who knows...

It's near the end.

Advance to the 1:35 mark. The hit is in the lower right quad of the screen. Head hunting - clear as a bell. Cheap, dirty shot... and then laughing on the sideline. Thug play.

Because of the rules:

"According to the National Collegiate Athletic Association's 2005 Football Rules and Interpretations: "No player shall use his helmet (including the face mask) to butt or ram an opponent or attempt to punish him. There shall be no spearing. No player shall strike a runner with the crown or the top of his helmet....""

I didn't ask how it was illegal... I understand why people believe that... although they are wrong.

I asked "How is this cheap or dirty?"

I would LOOOOOOVE to hear your answer.

It's near the end.

Because of the rules:

Go away. It was clearly shoulder-first.

• Fire 3

It's near the end.

Because of the rules:

I didn't ask how it was illegal... I understand why people believe that... although they are wrong.

I asked "How is this cheap or dirty?"

I would LOOOOOOVE to hear your answer.

MOST people agree that not playing within the rules constitutes "dirty" play, i.e. cheating.