Big 12 suspends Eric Martin for one game

Nexus

Anyone have the video of the blatant helmet to helmet on T-Mart?

Exactly, I would love to see that posted here. The hit on Martinez is described by the statement from the B12 to a tee. And it was intentional and vicious, headbut and late hit. Aparently the QBs should pay attention and be tougher than other players???? WOW

MOST people agree that not playing within the rules constitutes "dirty" play, i.e. cheating.

He led with his shoulder. It is impossible NOT to have helmet-to-helmet contact when you use your shoulder to hit the upper body of an opponent. The rule states that you cannot "use the crown of your helmet." He didn't. He used his shoulder.

This is the Big XII protecting the sanctity of their Conference Championship Game. Spin it any way you like, but if this was your player, you'd be saying the same thing we're saying.

It's near the end.

Advance to the 1:35 mark. The hit is in the lower right quad of the screen. Head hunting - clear as a bell. Cheap, dirty shot... and then laughing on the sideline. Thug play.

How is this cheap or dirty again?

Because of the rules:

"According to the National Collegiate Athletic Association's 2005 Football Rules and Interpretations: "No player shall use his helmet (including the face mask) to butt or ram an opponent or attempt to punish him. There shall be no spearing. No player shall strike a runner with the crown or the top of his helmet....""

really??? so every play there is correct form tackling taking place? :sarcasm

It's near the end.

Advance to the 1:35 mark. The hit is in the lower right quad of the screen. Head hunting - clear as a bell. Cheap, dirty shot... and then laughing on the sideline. Thug play.

Kinda like Weatherspoon punching Helu last year?

I believe he punched McNeill, but yeah, kinda like that. I don't seem to recall the Tigers fans complaining about that play after the game.

Then again, I don't seem to recall any Tiger fans visiting the board for a month after our game.

If Martin gets suspended over that then I want to see the kid from OSU suspended for his hit on Martinez. To me the hit from him was obviously much more of intentional hit than Martin's.

+1 Where is the suspension for that hit? Or the KSU player that blatently pounded T Mart on the head in the KSU game, that was a friggin punch? Even the officials thought those were PF's. This shot didn't even get that and now they are suspending him? Wow.

I hope they appeal that, TODAY!!! That's complete crap and those d-bag announcers will be ALL OVER it this weekend, pumping themselves up for bringing it to attention!

What complete sh*t. It was BORDERLINE at best and that f'ing kid should have been paying attention, the damn play was right in front of him and he was standing there with his thumb up his a**.

We'd all love to Z, but the guys on 1620 bring up a good point... there's no one to appeal to. There is no board to talk to. It's basically Beebe and Beebe alone, and you better believe that guys wants to screw us over. What a d-bag.

It's near the end.

Kinda like Weatherspoon punching Helu last year?

Don't question a mizzou fan. They know all. Especially when it comes to a player that is suspended and could help them win a game this weekend.