Interesting pic...

TigerNuts....Did you know that College Football has done away with incidental 5 yard face mask penalties? The rule is now either a 15 yard personal foul penalty or nothing. The refs obviously realized that this was an incidental facemask and therefore chose not to call it, which IMO, was the right call. For goodness sake, he's only got a pinky in there...do you really think they should have called a 15yd personal foul on that one?

TigerNuts, correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't two of the threads you started about the game been shots at our 'class' and now a face mask penalty that wasn't called?

I have no problem with you posting here, nor do I have any problem with a fan of any other fan base posting here. But if you wish to continue to do so, I suggest you rid yourself of your obviously bitter tendencies and stop trying to rile a reaction out of everyone.

Both teams had some bad calls go there way or not go there way. Your team lost because you imploded in the first quarter and never fully recovered. Expect no sympathy here, especially after the way refs trashed us against Texas.

There will always be a human element involved in football, which is why complaining about the referees is futile. Sure, it didn't help you, but it didn't completely hurt you either. Missouri had chances, they didn't capitalize - perfect example would be getting shut down 1st and goal at the one yard line.

It is what it is. Get over it.

You really read a lot into that one, didn't you. There are a myriad of threads/posts on here complaining about officiating. I'm not even complaining, just thought it was an interesting picture. I stated clearly that the refs did not cost us this game.

You posted a picture of a possible facemask. I've been to the website you grabbed this picture from, and there are 121 other pictures you could have chosen from, yet you choose this one. Even if you say you're not blaming the refs, then why did you find this picture interesting? I see absolutely nothing interesting in this picture other than the fact that no face mask was called and he didn't catch that ball.

This is a loaded thread and it's quite obvious.

121 other pics from games that our teams didn't play in today. Plus, this board is filled with pics of various hits/no-calls from the NU defense.

Dude, relax. You are getting way too defensive about this. You kicked our ass today. Does that make you feel better?

I'm not talking about the game, I'm talking about your posting on this board. You've already started a thread about our class, and now you're trying to be coy (whether you admit it or not) about this picture.

Several other NU posters found it within themselves to give their opinion on the picture and the play rather than throwing a fit. I thought that is what this board was about.

Why do you think I put that disclaimer on there? To avoid this very conversation. I am fully aware there are bad calls both ways. Plus, I didn't see this level of detail in watching the game earlier.

TigerNuts, correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't two of the threads you started about the game been shots at our 'class' and now a face mask penalty that wasn't called?

I have no problem with you posting here, nor do I have any problem with a fan of any other fan base posting here. But if you wish to continue to do so, I suggest you rid yourself of your obviously bitter tendencies and stop trying to rile a reaction out of everyone.

Both teams had some bad calls go there way or not go there way. Your team lost because you imploded in the first quarter and never fully recovered. Expect no sympathy here, especially after the way refs trashed us against Texas.

There will always be a human element involved in football, which is why complaining about the referees is futile. Sure, it didn't help you, but it didn't completely hurt you either. Missouri had chances, they didn't capitalize - perfect example would be getting shut down 1st and goal at the one yard line.

You really read a lot into that one, didn't you. There are a myriad of threads/posts on here complaining about officiating. I'm not even complaining, just thought it was an interesting picture. I stated clearly that the refs did not cost us this game.

I'll let you have this one, even make it a touchdown, as long as you give us the Gabbert fumble returned for a TD after the big hit. When all is said and done, we win 38-24.

TigerNuts....Did you know that College Football has done away with incidental 5 yard face mask penalties? The rule is now either a 15 yard personal foul penalty or nothing. The refs obviously realized that this was an incidental facemask and therefore chose not to call it, which IMO, was the right call. For goodness sake, he's only got a pinky in there...do you really think they should have called a 15yd personal foul on that one?

Good point

Several other NU posters found it within themselves to give their opinion on the picture and the play rather than throwing a fit. I thought that is what this board was about.

Why do you think I put that disclaimer on there? To avoid this very conversation. I am fully aware there are bad calls both ways. Plus, I didn't see this level of detail in watching the game earlier.

Yes, and several NU posters also found it within themselves to call you out on your indirect trolling.

Am I throwing a fit? Quite the contrary. I'm merely calling you out on the trends I have noticed ever since this game ended. My point, more or less, is that ignorance does not befit you. It's quite obvious that you expected this type of reaction from somebody, because it's the exact type of reaction I would expect to see had I started this exact same thread on another board.

If I remember correctly, the receiver maintained control with the ball well past this photo and had it knocked free after both players were on the ground. Great concentration by the tiger receiver and a heads up play by Prince at the last possible moment. I agree that it is a cool photo.

You posted a picture of a possible facemask. I've been to the website you grabbed this picture from, and there are 121 other pictures you could have chosen from, yet you choose this one. Even if you say you're not blaming the refs, then why did you find this picture interesting? I see absolutely nothing interesting in this picture other than the fact that no face mask was called and he didn't catch that ball.

This is a loaded thread and it's quite obvious.

121 other pics from games that our teams didn't play in today. Plus, this board is filled with pics of various hits/no-calls from the NU defense.

Dude, relax. You are getting way too defensive about this. You kicked our ass today. Does that make you feel better?

I'm not talking about the game, I'm talking about your posting on this board. You've already started a thread about our class, and now you're trying to be coy (whether you admit it or not) about this picture.

Is it also possible that you put the disclaimer into your post in order to incite the very comments you claim to have wanted to avoid? What did you expect? With little or no explanation as to why you found this picture interesting -- of course it was going to elicit some angry responses.

Troll is a troll.

I thought it was pretty obvious why it was interesting, given the particular play in the game and the fact that it's just a cool pic.

There, I acknowledged you. If you think I am trolling, don't respond. If you have an opinion about the play, please share it.