Chances of Making National Championship

Well it's a long shot, but here's what we need:

All assuming Oregon wins out.. which they will. Also assuming Nebraska wins out of course.

MUST HAPPEN:

1. Auburn needs to lose to Alabama AND maybe Georgia too (they could also lose in their conference championship game if they made it)

2. LSU needs to lose @ Arkansas in the last week of the season or in conference championship game if they made it.

3. Ohio St. needs to lose to Iowa or Michigan.

4. Alabama needs to lose to LSU/Mississippi St (probs not happening, but could lose in conference champ game if they made it)

MIGHT NEED TO HAPPEN:

5. Wisconsin needs to lose to Purdue/Indiana/Michigan/Northwestern (we could maybe jump them if they don't lose)

6. Utah needs to lose to San Diego St/BYU/Notre Dame (probably jump them even if they win out tho)

7. TCU needs to lose to Utah/San Diego St (probably jump them even if they win out)

8. Boise needs to lose (probably jump them even if they don't)

9. Stanford has to lose a game (only chances are Oregon St and Arizona) but we could jump them anyways

So 4 MUST HAPPEN scenarios and maybe more.

I think our MNC chances are none and none. Way too much has to happen and we have to play PERFECT football from here on out, something this team has not shown the ability to do.

Realistic expectations for this team are a Conference Championship, a BCS win, and a top five finish. If we achieve that this year, I'll be more than pleased.

I would be surprised if Auburn makes it past Bama. I would be surprised if OSU lost another game. I don't see anyone stopping Oregon or Boise St. Wild things do happen though, and if we continue to win and so does Oklahoma and we win out, that will give one more quality victory over a top 5/10 opponent. We'll see though, the freshman factor may bite us.

I don't think if we can get enough love from other Big 12 coaches to help us overcome the deficit. Also, after losing to Texas at home, we should be happy with BCS game. It hurts, but the stars and schedule lined up in our favor and to the point we didn't close the deal with TX, IMHO.