Cam Netwon Under Investigation for Recruiting Violations

epocSoN

Stewart Mandel

RT @PeteThamelNYT: BREAKING NEWS: We have on-record confirmation the NCAA is investigating the recruitment of Cameron Newton.

Apparently Cam Newton requested a payment be made to him and Miss St declined

Looks like Auburn might not have...

good for us...one less team we need to lose now...

I'll try to find some more updates!!!!

Goodbye Heisman

I think it's that no one is really surprised anymore. There is innocent until proven guilty and all that, but come on. It doesnt look well when they paint a picture of his fathers church that was going under, being condemned and whatnot, is now miraculously fine and undergoing remodeling. The sad thing is I think its possible in a lot of these cases, the school/coaches itself probably had nothing to do with it. Just an egotistical donor wanting to play pro sports owner and wannabe agent types taking advantage of folks with dollar signs in their eyes, finding the highest bidder, and abusing the system.

Can't believe this hasn't blown up on this board, nobody seems to care.

i am just shocked. trying to figure out the ramifications. you say it has been going on since july, why is this the first time i am hearing about it?

what is more shocking is that miss. st. was his first choice. who would want to go there? they have never been good. i guess you could say the same about auburn, but they always seem to have potential. my intuition on chizik has been right all along.

The NCAA has all of their financial documents, I'm sure if this was going to amount to anything it would have already.

Maybe, but it took them 4+ years to come to a decision regarding Reggie Bush and USC.

This thing could absolutely explode. You take the Luchs story, the revocation of Bush's Heisman, and add it to the mid-season Newton development, and you have a scenario where we might actually have to address the agent issue.

It seems like these things usually surface in the off season, when the sports media needs to garner the attention of those not interested in the NBA or NHL. The Cam Newton Saga is a different animal, exploding into the light of scrutiny while this kid is the front runner for the Heisman. Can't push that into the corner, into the shadows of apathy. It's right in front of our faces.

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=87&c=673&f=62082 Audio of John Bond on the radio today. 11/5/10

Appears to be some smoke here. Cecil Newton is on record that he spoke with K. Rogers 2 years ago while he was at Florida. Why would they need to search out a guy that has ties to an agent and appears to have fleas? They were seeking advice on where Cam should go. Does that seem odd to you?

They met him (k. Rogers) on a recruiting trip for the first time last DEC in Starkville. They need to get K. Rogers under oath and answering some direct questions.

This story is not going away.

Why would K. Rogers be involved with Miss State and their recruiting process of athletes? It appears he is not part of their program and if his former teammate turned him in after he signed with Auburn, it sure sounds weird to me.

Sounds like K. Rogers is under investigation for some other issues too. This could get interesting.

from

www.OffshoreInsiders.com

Cam Newton Investigation Bombshell Forthcoming; Breeder's Cup 2010 Odds Updated

Nov 5th, 2010

While admitting the information comes to him second-hand—essentially a trusted source of a trusted source—Grandmaster Sports Handicapper Joe Duffy, CEO of OffshoreInsiders.com, the top sports betting site in the world says that the Cam Newton investigation has turned up serious smoking guns to the point where an Auburn compliance officer has said that the Tigers need to cut ties now.

Predicted Duffy, “From everything I’ve been told, I doubt of Newton makes it to the Iron Bowl.”

With sports picks hotter than Kat Dennings topless photos and winning more money than the cost of Vanessa Minnillo’s engagement ring, winning picks galore are up for the weekend.

Breeders Cup odds…