Cody..Cody...Cody

I am not trying to start a thread about bashing our players, so calm down! This game has just shown us (nebraska fans) why Cody is our number three quarterback and why Lee is ahead of him. He just doesn't have what it takes to lead the team. Our coaches had more faith in Rex running the offense today. Even the announcers picked that up. If we want a shot at the Big 12 championship, we need Martinez or Lee in the game. Just my opinion i guess.

I think position change may be the best way to utilize his talents. He is a freak athlete.

I don't think he played a bad game, just a very blah game. There was a drive in the 3rd quarter where he made some nice throws but I wasn't blown away.

If we were donw late in the 4th and Martinez didn't see the field I would be upset.

I guess I don't understand how running the wildcat because it's been working pretty well turns into we're running the wildcat on third and 4 or so because they coaches don't have confidence in green. Just because the announcers say it doesn't make it true. Cody got a chance to throw. Some he messed up. Some he connected. One was dropped. The wind was pushing 30MPH they said. Of course they aren't going to air it out as much with a young QB making his first start of the year.

Here's what I'm pissed off about. We were told numerous times that the QB competition between Martinez, Green and Lee was VERY tight all summer long. We were told that any one of those three could have started. Bo and Watson made it sound like it was nearly a coin flip between the three.

But that's clearly not the case. Cody isn't even in the same league as Martinez. He's not better than Lee. There is no way that he was "b" or "c" to Martinez' 1a.

If our staff can't evaluate talent better than this, I have lost all faith in them.

There are two other options. One is that Cody simply isn't a gameday QB. He gets cold feet. Or nervous. Or whatever.

The other option is that Bo simply lied to us. And I find that completely unacceptable. I am willing to gnaw the leftover bones of info Bo tosses out on injuries and discipline, but the fans deserve better than to have a coach flat-out tell us something that is not true.

• Fire 1

The other option is that Bo simply lied to us. And I find that completely unacceptable. I am willing to gnaw the leftover bones of info Bo tosses out on injuries and discipline, but the fans deserve better than to have a coach flat-out tell us something that is not true.

I'd agree with this more if we were the only ones getting this kind of info.

I'm sure they'd rather not other teams know our backups suck when one of them is forced to start, like today.

Not saying I completely disagree with you, just that I sort of understand why they do stuff like this

clearly, Bo doesn't like sharing info with anyone, i have learned to figure things out on my own, he coaches well, but doesn't always tell the truth....he is who he is.

I agree with you. I also don't consider coach speak lying. I also don't think it's fair to compare Taylor, after all his starts, to where Cody is now after one. The QB competition happened in fall camp/summer and we have no idea as outsiders what they were practicing like. Bo didn't make those comments yesterday. Even if he did, of course he's going to voice confidence in his players. Remember Taylor laid an egg against SDSU and didn't exactly tear it up vs. Texas. I've seen Taylor do some major growing up. He's really put his experience to work and that makes me excited for the future.

It is pretty clear though that at this point Taylor brings a lot more to our offense and starting him was a good decision. No one will ever know what Cody would be like given Taylor's chances to play and grow.

I think it's a bit overboard to question the coaches ability to identify talent. After all, they found us Taylor and started him. That's a good thing right?