Niles Paul

helu fumbled too - do you want him benched as well?

after being held up for thirty minutes with no forward progress, where was the whistle?

the zebras are on beebe's payroll - any ball on the turf is gonna be a fumble. speaking of which, tmart drops the ball about every fifth play...one of which cost us the game against texas. why aren't you calling for him to be benched?

You're entirely unreasonable in your defense of Niles. For every other player it's a random thing to put the ball on the turf in critical situations. For Niles it's a near-regular occurrence.

There is nothing wrong with holding him accountable for his play. Continuing to mindlessly defend him doesn't obviate his play.

after being held up for thirty minutes with no forward progress, where was the whistle?

the zebras are on beebe's payroll - any ball on the turf is gonna be a fumble. speaking of which, tmart drops the ball about every fifth play...one of which cost us the game against texas. why aren't you calling for him to be benched?

You're entirely unreasonable in your defense of Niles. For every other player it's a random thing to put the ball on the turf in critical situations. For Niles it's a near-regular occurrence.

There is nothing wrong with holding him accountable for his play. Continuing to mindlessly defend him doesn't obviate his play.

EXACTLY!

I don't personally dislike Niles Paul. He's a Husker to the core . . . I just want him to not touch the ball because he makes terrible, inexplicable mistakes at least as often as he makes big plays.

He's a senior. No more excuses. Ride the pine Paul.

he's a freshman..... he touches the ball every single offensive snap. and he's a better player

edit: and did you honestly just call out tmart for losing the texas game in a niles paul thread? really?

And any fumble is going to the other team and must have clear cut evidence that can be turned over on review by a coke-bottle glasses wearing replay ref

You want perspective, I'll give you frickin perspective. This IS NOT A FRESHMAN WALK-ON FROM PODUNK HUSKER PRIDE NEBRASKA WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE. Niles is a Senior who was highly recruited with a lot of talent that despite his issues is still less than a year from the opportunity of making hundreds of thousands if not over a million dollars for playing a game. Several weeks ago he goes public that he wants to be utilitzed more in the offense, wants the ball more. So here rolls the Texas game and :facepalm: I personally do not like his attitude either. The "I play for my coaches and myself" nonsense just aggrevates me. Niles's best days as a Nebraska football player have far surpassed him. He does do some good things, his downfield blocking is great, but the 2-3 things a game we really NEED him to do, he either cant or wont. I understand he is a great athletic talent and those guys need to find a say onto the field but yesterday was my nail in the coffin for him. I do believe it's time for him to sit. Gilleylen is a great athletic talent as well, but he couldnt make the plays so now he's dun too.

If you really think about it the Niles Paul fumble could have easily contributed to a Nebraska loss. No matter what he just doesn't have the hands to be able to handle the responsibility of returning punts or kicks. I would rather have a guy back there who averages 15-20 yards a return versus someone who's a risk to turn the ball over.

Put Tim Marlowe and Rex Burkerhead back there and be done with it already.

At some point it's the coaches fault for putting him on kickoffs... like the kickoff right after his fumble which ISU scored on.

This is right. The coaches are the ones who give him the chance to hurt us at critical times. I say leave him in as a receiver; his blocking is great and, Texas game aside, he usually makes the catches. And, ISU game last year aside, he usually doesn't fumble after the catch. But no more kick returns. Maybe he has too much time to think while that ball is in the air and he's standing still. And he's clearly not a good thinker.

I'm not saying he's dumb. A lot of people overthink situations and outsmart themselves. Running that kick out because sometimes you hit a home run probably makes more sense if we are down by 7 than being up by 7. He didn't have the right mindset going into the play.

I'm not bashing the guy. I think he plays his heart out and is a good Husker and it's crap that he got jeered by "fans" after the Texas game.

But he's not a good thinker. His thinking gets in the way of his talent, however great or above-average that is. I guess I have a hard time seeing him succeeding in the NFL.

Anyway, since he can't be counted on to be aware of what's happening in the game, it's up to the coaches to limit his ability to hurt the team at key times.

And this is the kid bo said was a stud. lmao that fumble was on Q. I mean do you really think paul would be a starter on another team with his fumble problems?? If u say yes then u must be stupid. A fumble right after isu scored. Idk but iam not happy with the coach thats for sure I think and will allways think this game was fixxed,reason i say that is becuzz all week long the coaches said taylor was fine to play. And I did watch something on husker demand and they did a press confrence this past week with the iowa state coach and he said he wanted to see how his players played in a close game. Well I think we all seen what happened with that.

Jesus.

H.

Christ.

This guy's posts=eternal :facepalm:

And this is the kid bo said was a stud. lmao that fumble was on Q. I mean do you really think paul would be a starter on another team with his fumble problems?? If u say yes then u must be stupid. A fumble right after isu scored. Idk but iam not happy with the coach thats for sure I think and will allways think this game was fixxed,reason i say that is becuzz all week long the coaches said taylor was fine to play. And I did watch something on husker demand and they did a press confrence this past week with the iowa state coach and he said he wanted to see how his players played in a close game. Well I think we all seen what happened with that.

Jesus.

H.

Christ.

This guy's posts=eternal :facepalm:

:troll:

What I find with Paul is, is that it's when he's not being included in the plan or not getting his touches, then thats when he presses and bad things happen.

He tries to take one or two self made plays and make up for 3 qtrs of not touching the ball.

I like Paul a lot, but there is a problem wit holding onto the ball

He really outdid himself this weekend. Just when I think it can't possibly get any worse, he makes a mistake that's more boneheaded and costly than his last one. It's one thing if he's keeping his WR job for his blocking. It's another thing to keep him out there on kickoff. Just put somebody back there that will catch it and take a damn knee.

The only sure thing about Niles Paul is that if he "tries to make a play," he will EFF UP BIG-TIME.