We now know that Cody Green reads Huskerboard

irafreak

what qb situation. Burkhead is now our third stringer haha. What a bust Green is . We need you back for the Aggies Taylor please.

How can you say he's a bust? Watson's playcalling completely handcuffed him today. Zone read right, left, center, punt isn't an offense. He threw the ball well today for the most part. The jury is still out on him, but get a new OC in and it could be a different story.

Now, the zone read play works w/Martinez due to his explosiveness. Green obviously lacks that burst, so it is upon the OC to call plays to his QB's strengths. A novel idea for a Calla-Clown disciple, who insists on ramming that square peg through that round hole, a'la Joe Daily.

what qb situation. Burkhead is now our third stringer haha. What a bust Green is . We need you back for the Aggies Taylor please.

How can you say he's a bust? Watson's playcalling completely handcuffed him today. Zone read right, left, center, punt isn't an offense. He threw the ball well today for the most part. The jury is still out on him, but get a new OC in and it could be a different story.

Now, the zone read play works w/Martinez due to his explosiveness. Green obviously lacks that burst, so it is upon the OC to call plays to his QB's strengths. A novel idea for a Calla-Clown disciple, who insists on ramming that square peg through that round hole, a'la Joe Daily.

Green is a backup qb. No question. Maybe he starts for a mac school but not Nebraska. Not right now anyway. Maybe he develops well over the next two years but right now he is a backup and plays like one. That's ok.

He had that really good drive that lead to our 3rd touchdown to bring the game to 24-10. Something like 3 3rd and longs that he converted. He didn't throw the ball perfectly right on the numbers, but outside of a couple of his passes I thought they were all catchable balls. He was 7-12 throwing with at least 1 drop and only 1 really bad throw that got away from him.

It really sounded like the wind was brutal (broadcast showed a Henery practice kick that was crazy). I really don't know what you expect from the kid but I thought he put together an admirable start. I do want to see him hold onto the ball better though.

I love Cody Green, the way he approaches every game, the way he makes himself available to the media every time. He is a valuable asset to this team.

He is also limits the offense. Wats called a conservative game today, and Green looked terrible on a couple pass plays but seemed to settle down later in the game. Im happy for Cody Green being able to contribute.

Cody is a great kid. He has a lot of heart and is a hard worker, I'm sure. (Wait for it . . . ) BUT, he just doesn't have that "it" factor. You are just nervous with the ball in his hands, moreso than any other player I've ever watched. You just don't expect him to make the big play to win the game.

Having said all of that, he did a good job of making a couple of key 3rd down conversions. He didn't fumble, which is huge. Hopefully he accepts his role as a lifetime backup QB and continues to improve so that when and if he has to step in, he's a serviceable QB who can manage the game and handoff to the playmakers. (Looking at you, Burkhead.)

Cody did what the staff wanted him to do. He made a couple of errors but everyone, but maybe Rex did. I give him credit for a hard fought game.

Rex fielded a punt at the 5, with the wind in his face and returned it 2 yds. It would have been a touchback. It really limited already reduced options as far as plays that could be run. Can't flip the field from the 7 with the wind in your face. Other than that, Rex had no mistakes.

I thought Cody played OK. Not great, but not awful. His legs are too long to get a quick burst. I thought, with the exception of his first throw, he passed well. The coaches seemed to turtle. He seemed to do what was asked of him. Not to try and win it alone and he didn't eff up.

I thought Cody did alright. I thought they could have passed it some more to give the offense some balance but maybe had to do with today's wind. Dunno..just felt like the gameplan was to win it with our D and when we gave up points suddenly everyone is panicked with "Green can't win it for us!"...not sure that is fair to Cody. My bet is Pelini's thought they would hold ISU under 20 points and Green would be fine with no INTs. We had other issues today. Green was in there today to hand the ball off and if you don't change it up a bit you are going to have some 3 and out's with that predictability. Not saying that was a bad plan...gameplan was to go with our strength running it and let D lock down ISU (D had some problems today).

The gameplan was very conservative and remniscient of the end of last year, where we turtled down and focused on running, keeping it safe, and executing.

It would have worked better but for some fumbles that we lost anyways (Helu, PAUL *groan*).

You can read this too ways: a) the conservative approach was flawed (I would bet anything Pelini was behind that idea, FWIW) or B), the staff knows what they have in Green and didn't have a lot of confidence in doing anything more with him.

I tend to think it was a little more conservative than necessary. Even when you got backups and the chips are down, you have to show some faith in these guys and let them play loose, instead of admitting from the get-go that we are just going to claw it safe and keep it limited. But safe is Pelini's style.