Put away hopes of NC

WYHusk

TCU has San Diego State 7-2 and New Mexico 8-1. They will lose points after the SDSU game. Let's face it...we play KU and they play SDSU...they may increase their lead but not by much....We play A&M they have a bye...we gain....they play New Mexico and Colorado is better than New Mexico. New Mexico is awful this year. Then we play likely a 1 loss OSU for the big12 title. TCU isn't a lock. Not by a longshot. I'm still can't see Oregon or Auburn losing twice and I think that's what it would take. Ohio State still has a say with a big game against Iowa left to boost them.

TCU has San Diego State 7-2 and New Mexico 8-1. They will lose points after the SDSU game. Let's face it...we play KU and they play SDSU...they may increase their lead but not by much....We play A&M they have a bye...we gain....they play New Mexico and Colorado is better than New Mexico. New Mexico is awful this year. Then we play likely a 1 loss OSU for the big12 title. TCU isn't a lock. Not by a longshot. I'm still can't see Oregon or Auburn losing twice and I think that's what it would take. Ohio State still has a say with a big game against Iowa left to boost them.

That's some pretty pie in the sky thinking. They'll lose some points, maybe, but there is just no way we jump over an undefeated TCU. Ditto BSU. It's possible that Auburn will lose and help us out, but I just don't see Oregon losing to anyone, and that leaves us solidly out of the picture.

Besides, we sure can't sleep on the rest of our schedule. I think we'll win out, but you did see the TAMU-Okie game, right?

I don't think we'll make it to the MNC game either and I'm okay with that in all honesty. I think we would get our butts kicked against Oregon or TCU. I think we could take Auburn, without Cam Newton they aren't as good, but most teams aren't good without their starting QB, see our results yesterday. We play up or down to the teams we are playing, we take the "lower" teams too lightly and take the "high" teams very seriously. We've gotta be consistent with how we approach every team. I'm nervous about the Kansas game and the rest of our schedule now. aTm looked very good against OU, but then again OU hasn't looked as good as they've been ranked all season. sCUm is just plain bad...............0-5 in conference play and they gave up a 20+ point lead to Kansas in the 4th quarter. Win the Big XII and win our BCS game and that's a great season.

• Fire 1

Reality BRI. We really want no part of the MNC in my mind. Total destruction, embarasment, a step back in the development of the program, faith in Bo. Not something we need. Play a BCS team, pray we miss a SEC/TCU team and we are golden, if and a very big IF we win the CCG.

Reality BRI. We really want no part of the MNC in my mind. Total destruction, embarasment, a step back in the development of the program, faith in Bo. Not something we need. Play a BCS team, pray we miss a SEC/TCU team and we are golden, if and a very big IF we win the CCG.

I would disagree completely. There hasn't been a team that has looked absolutely dominant this year. Oregon has looked mediocre on defense. TCU has looked very good, but doesn't have to prove it week by week...they only have to get up for about 2 big games. Same with Boise. Auburn has had some squeakers to middle of the pack teams.

I think NU hangs with any of these teams.

People are so concerned over whether or not we CAN go to the championship that they're not focusing on whether or not we SHOULD go to the championship. We are not a championship caliber team. I don't know when you all will realize that if today didn't show you.

i'm not sure there is a championship caliber team out there.... imo this is not only a down year for the b12, but for football in general. there are some good teams, but I dont see a team out there that would beat alabama last year, or some of those USC teams... certainly not our 90s teams. i think we are what we are... a top 5 to 10 team that can beat anyone on any given day, but also capable of playing down to competition. i will also point out that this is about the time of year bo's team start putting it together. remember this time last year? everyone jumping off the band wagon? all of the "there is no way we can beat oklahoma" threads..... "my hand out the dresses" thread.... i think we will be a different team in a month.

speaking of those threads.... strange that some of those guys are awal now that we are a top ten team. I wonder why??

reality? seriously? you are going to hit us with the reality crap again? have you learned nothing from the last 2 years? am I going to have to dig up your posts from the week before oklahoma? we didnt look so hot this time last year, but come bowl season we could have gone up against anyone in the nation and been in the game until the end. its a long season.

Drag up anything you want. Oklahoma we should have lost. Their Iowa State game.

You continue to dream we are a NC team. You do every year. Believe it if you want. Oregon would run through us like a red hot knife in melted butter. We would have no answer for Auburn or TCU is my guess. In the SEC we would be a 3 loss team at best is my guess. My guess is after bowl season we will see just how weak this conference is this year. It will not be pretty.

Did you go to the Rose Bowl in 2001. This program does not need that now. We are not ready. We nearly lost to Iowa State, had it not been for Hagg. Texas continues to blow and they beat us on our own field.

We do not have Suh, and it is obvious from watching the games he was our defense last year. We have watched average to above average backs run for many yards. This, make them go the length of the field idea that some swallow is crazy. We can not stop them.

You continue to dream we are a NC team. You do every year. Believe it if you want. Oregon would run through us like a red hot knife in melted butter. We would have no answer for Auburn or TCU is my guess. In the SEC we would be a 3 loss team at best is my guess. My guess is after bowl season we will see just how weak this conference is this year. It will not be pretty.

Did you go to the Rose Bowl in 2001. This program does not need that now. We are not ready. We nearly lost to Iowa State, had it not been for Hagg. Texas continues to blow and they beat us on our own field.

We do not have Suh, and it is obvious from watching the games he was our defense last year. We have watched average to above average backs run for many yards. This, make them go the length of the field idea that some swallow is crazy. We can not stop them.

You don't even make sense here. You show me a team out there like Miami 2001....go ahead, I'm waiting.

Well the only correct answer is there isn't one. I haven't seen one team that is dominant or that I would think we didn't have a chance against. Oregon? Come on, they are TERRIBLE on defense. TCU, they have played absolutely nobody. They haven't seen anything like an upper level BCS team, and don't give me Utah. They are terrible. Worst secondary play I've seen in a long time. 4 people open on one TD pass, that would never happen against Nebraska's secondary. Auburn? This would be a tough game, they play defense. They also play into our strengths on defense. Screw Boise, they are nothing. They will never be in the championship game, NU or Ohio St or a BCS team with one loss will make it before they do.

In 1994 we nearly lost to Wyoming, in 1997 we nearly lost to Missouri, in 2003 LSU lost two games. You would seriously rather not play in the game? One game for a chance to win it all, and you would be more comfortable not even trying for fear of embarrassment?

That goes against everything an athlete, coach, or competitive person believes in. I sure as hell hope the team doesn't have this sissified, nancy-boy attitude. With Bo as coach, I can about guarantee you how they feel about it.

the point I am making is that you dont have any better grasp on reality that BRI or I do. the Oklahoma game is proof. and no it was not their ISU. not even close.

as for the 2001 rose bowl, first of all there is not a 2001 maimi team this year. not even close. and lets not forget what the 1992(or 93) orange bowl did for us either. losses arent always a bad thing.

I completely think we can make the NC game and compete highly at that. If Bama beats Auburn and LSU loses to Arkansas combined with OSU and NU winning out and NU taking them out in the Big 12 CG I absolutely think we will be in the top 2 in the country. If OSU wins out they will have one loss coming to a top 5 ranked team. We will have also beaten Mizzou, A&M, OSU (twice), all who are currently ranked in the top 25.

On top of this there's a lot of "we almost lost to ISU, there's no way we are ready to play top competition" or "we would be embarrassed". We didn't have our starting qb, whos also our biggest threat on offense. He just doesn't make great runs himself he makes the entire offense run. The very threat of him taking off opens up Helu and Burkhead along with our entire passing game. On top of that, we didn't have our potential all big 12 corner and for a little while we didn't have Gomes and replaced him w/ Thorell. I'm hearing oregon's outstanding and we wouldn't stand a chance, same w/ Auburn. Well let me ask, would Oregon be so unstoppable if they didn't have Thomas and James? Would Auburn be so unstoppable if they didn't have Newton? Those players make their offenses go just like T-Mart makes our offense go. Am I saying he is as good as those players? Not saying yes or no but he makes our offense tick. Freaking relax, we had a close game against a tough, hard nosed ISU team that has only lost to Iowa, Utah, OU and NU on the season, with our third string QB and third string corner.

I completely think we can make the NC game and compete highly at that. If Bama beats Auburn and LSU loses to Arkansas combined with OSU and NU winning out and NU taking them out in the Big 12 CG I absolutely think we will be in the top 2 in the country. If OSU wins out they will have one loss coming to a top 5 ranked team. We will have also beaten Mizzou, A&M, OSU (twice), all who are currently ranked in the top 25.

On top of this there's a lot of "we almost lost to ISU, there's no way we are ready to play top competition" or "we would be embarrassed". We didn't have our starting qb, whos also our biggest threat on offense. He just doesn't make great runs himself he makes the entire offense run. The very threat of him taking off opens up Helu and Burkhead along with our entire passing game. On top of that, we didn't have our potential all big 12 corner and for a little while we didn't have Gomes and replaced him w/ Thorell. I'm hearing oregon's outstanding and we wouldn't stand a chance, same w/ Auburn. Well let me ask, would Oregon be so unstoppable if they didn't have Thomas and James? Would Auburn be so unstoppable if they didn't have Newton? Those players make their offenses go just like T-Mart makes our offense go. Am I saying he is as good as those players? Not saying yes or no but he makes our offense tick. Freaking relax, we had a close game against a tough, hard nosed ISU team that has only lost to Iowa, Utah, OU and NU on the season, with our third string QB and third string corner.

and I think bo has consistantly shown us that his teams improve greatly from nov 1st on. I expect that by the time we hopefully are playing in the B12 title game we will look totally different, just like last year. again we didnt look that great this time last year, but we fished the year as well as anyone. and no we dont have suh, but our O is a million times better.

I wouldn't want this team to go to the NC and get smoked by Oregon or TCU. It would be just like 2001. Let's just win the final Big 12 Championship Game, go to the Fiesta Bowl, beat Pitt/West Virginia, and let this young offense build confidence going into next season. 13-1, Big 12 Champs, Fiesta Bowl Champs sounds good to me.

I wouldn't want this team to go to the NC and get smoked by Oregon or TCU. It would be just like 2001. Let's just win the final Big 12 Championship Game, go to the Fiesta Bowl, beat Pitt/West Virginia, and let this young offense build confidence going into next season. 13-1, Big 12 Champs, Fiesta Bowl Champs sounds good to me.

13-1, Big 12 Champs, National Champions sounds even better....matter of fact 12-2, Big 12 Champs, and runner up in the MOTHER FLIPPING National Championship game sounds better, too.

Why not play for the game, if you asked the team, the coaches, the Athletic Department at any school they would rather make it to the game with 60 minutes to play for a Championship than to a different bowl to avoid the embarrassment.

What if they lose the Fiesta Bowl? Would you still be happy we avoided the loss in the National Championship game? I don't get the defeatist attitude of some. Give me 60 minutes for a shot everything, a chance to win it all, a chance to leave it all on the field. Let them prove they are better than me, or are going to embarrass me, on the field.

Bill Callahan killed this fanbase to its very core. We need to remember that we are Nebraska, dammit. We play for National Championships.