Dennard

Lil' Red

His presence definitely would have been nice today, but I'm glad he sat this week. In fact, I'd rather see him sit next week and even the week after if needed to give himself the chance to fully recover from his concussion, rather than get in there too early and re-injure himself. Brain injuries, like any other injuries, need time to heal and I think a lot of the time players are back on the field too soon after getting a concussion. In general, I don't think 1 week is enough and 2 weeks, unless it's a really, really mild concussion, is pushing it a bit as well - I'd even be for a mandatory 2 game or 21 day (whichever is greatest) leave for players who sustain a concussion. It would suck for the teams and most likely for the players themselves, but a healthy brain is more important in my book than a football game or even a championship.

he was on the sideline during the ISU game in sweats, World Herald said to look for him in the near future. On a similar note......Ciante Evans started for him and then got benched in favor of Anthony West.

I disagree with benching Ciante. I'm sure the coaches saw something I didn't see, but giving up one TD does not mean we should bench Ciante. I actually didn't see the TD he gave up, but the one West gave up, he never saw the ball. West turned his head after the ball arrived. As well as Evans played last week, I'd have rather had him out there.

post-4424-099731400 1289148805.jpg

he was on the sideline during the ISU game in sweats, World Herald said to look for him in the near future. On a similar note......Ciante Evans started for him and then got benched in favor of Anthony West.

I disagree with benching Ciante. I'm sure the coaches saw something I didn't see, but giving up one TD does not mean we should bench Ciante. I actually didn't see the TD he gave up, but the one West gave up, he never saw the ball. West turned his head after the ball arrived. As well as Evans played last week, I'd have rather had him out there.

Is it just me or does it look like Anthony West is only half way trying when he is on the field. Obviously the coaches saw something that made them switch but I think I would have rather seen Evans than West as well.

Is it just me or does it look like Anthony West is only half way trying when he is on the field. Obviously the coaches saw something that made them switch but I think I would have rather seen Evans than West as well.

Just my own observation, but I think Ciante has trouble getting off blocks by the WR's. With ISU being primarily a running team, I think that's why West comes into the game when the coaches see Ciante getting pushed around on run plays.

Nah, I prefer to think it is that we are lucky to have two amazing corners ahead of him which are a bit more athletic so he looks a bit slow. I think he would be a better safety had he started at that position from the beginning.

I've probably said it a million times and I'll say it again. Anthony West scares the hell out of me every single time he touches the field.

i totally agree with this statment. Everytime I say to myself oh god here comes West. Then when they throw the ball his way all i can yell is TURN AROUND.