Cody Green Not Dual Threat

He was recruited as a dual threat but clearly he is not. "Thee" Iowa State University was not at all worried about the guy, he may have good top end speed but we need a zero to 60 guy at QB not a 1/4mile guy. He is still spinning tires when he needs to be hauling.

I hope that we can keep him, I think that he can fit into a new role or continue to improve as a qb into who knows what. I will never complain about a guy who is around for the team and he is. At times he seems a bit timid on the field and I wonder if he was not well served by needing to play last year in tough situations, not that we had a lot of choice. Is QB like a base ball pitcher who is kept in the minors to polish the game?

You know the sad thing is that this was cody's best performance yet and we can't stop comparing him to Taylor Martinez. The kid played poised and did alright. Zero turnovers and converted several key 3rd downs through the air. So he's not a game changer...neither is Lee. Most teams DON'T have explosive runners at QB. Cody has a place on this team and it's a useful one...backup qb. Nothing wrong with that. We may need him again to HELP us win.

He's still a soph and has contributed, even if he's not a game changer. So it's not like he's a total flop of a recruit by any means, at least IMO. I'm disappointed he's not done better, but I'm also surprised Martinez has shined (shone?) so brightly. You can't really expect to hit the jackpot on 2 QB recruits from the same class.

That's a good way of looking at it. Makes sense to me!

Probably true. Even Jed only struck oil once

the way Green runs, i can't understand who recruited him as a dual threat?? wow..i want some of what they were having....

If you look at his high school film he actually looks like a pretty fast player. I still believe Green is fast, it just takes him longer to get to full speed. As I stated earlier either in this thread or in another thread, taller people usually don't have as good acceleration as shorter people do. There are exceptions, but this is generally the rule.

The biggest difference between high school and college is spacing, and he isn't afforded the space in college that he had in high school to get his speed going and make a play with his feet.

the way Green runs, i can't understand who recruited him as a dual threat?? wow..i want some of what they were having....

Isn't he a Watson recruit? I thought he wanted guys that were 'multiple'?

Haha. Bo wants this new mold of QB. Watson can work with them, but you're pinning something on him that is Bo's vision and what everyone in the state of Nebraska wants out of a QB.

Watson wants a multiple offense, meaning a legit passing threat out of the QB position, and legit running threat out of the RB position.

Isn't he a Watson recruit? I thought he wanted guys that were 'multiple'?

Haha. Bo wants this new mold of QB. Watson can work with them, but you're pinning something on him that is Bo's vision and what everyone in the state of Nebraska wants out of a QB.

Watson wants a multiple offense, meaning a legit passing threat out of the QB position, and legit running threat out of the RB position.

Yup and Cody Green isn't either one of those. :) It's ok Cody green will figure out how to be a good Qb when he's a senior. ;)

And maybe not then, but not every recruit pans out, after all. That would be like blaming Bo for Collins Okafor or something like that. The point is, taking guys that have the running threat but are projects as passers has its downsides as well as upsides, but if you want to blame somebody here, Watson is not the guy you want to look at. I don't think anyone should get blame necessarily, as recruiting just isn't 100% ever.

And maybe not then, but not every recruit pans out, after all. That would be like blaming Bo for Collins Okafor or something like that. The point is, taking guys that have the running threat but are projects as passers has its downsides as well as upsides, but if you want to blame somebody here, Watson is not the guy you want to look at. I don't think anyone should get blame necessarily, as recruiting just isn't 100% ever.

Yeah,I don't put any blame on watson for that,the only thing that I don't like about watson is how he tinkers with things for no reason evan if things are working.He seems to go away from things that are working once in awhile and it also seems like he has a hard time making adjustments on the fly with our offense... Just my $0.02