Rumor: Zac Lee

If you don't think they wouldn't put a knee brace on the true freshman who many, (including the coaching staff I bet) think will be the cornerstone and key of this program for the next four years so they could play a poker game all week and game with Iowa State, then you question too much. We aren't the only one who sees his talent. If his parents thought they were hiding a serious knee injury, he would be gone in an instant and somewhere else. Dude is a well known on a national level for God's sakes.

As for Zac Lee, who knows? I know this though, he never said he was hurt, and always seemed to want the ball. I also noticed a severe drop off in the deep ball right around conference play started last year. He also is not the talent that Martinez is. I'm not trying to be mean to anyone, but he's not.

I can't stop you from doubting what everyone is telling you about what is really going on. The kid had about 12 rolls of tape on his shoe, no brace, and the demeanor of a kid who was not being given a duty to hide an injury that cripples. I'll take that thank you.

Anybody think Bo is so quiet about injuries because he is a defensive coach? We didn't know Zac had problems with his shoulder until our bowl game was over. I think he keeps it hush-hush because he knows how helpful that information can be to the other teams' defenses. You have to be stupid to honestly believe he "doesn't know" what Taylor's injury is. You can guarantee he has very detailed information and knows exactly what is going on with Taylor.

Anybody think Bo is so quiet about injuries because he is a defensive coach? We didn't know Zac had problems with his shoulder until our bowl game was over. I think he keeps it hush-hush because he knows how helpful that information can be to the other teams' defenses. You have to be stupid to honestly believe he "doesn't know" what Taylor's injury is. You can guarantee he has very detailed information and knows exactly what is going on with Taylor.

Call me crazy, but spending as much time containing information that Bo does is simply ridiculous. I really think that it is a distraction to our football team to go through the whole week having to worry about what they say and do because it might reveal something about Bo's team.

Call me crazy, but spending as much time containing information that Bo does is simply ridiculous. I really think that it is a distraction to our football team to go through the whole week having to worry about what they say and do because it might reveal something about Bo's team.

i agree, this is one area where Bo falls way short IMO.

i agree, this is one area where Bo falls way short IMO.

how can that be hard.

"okay guys, we arent answering crap about injuries this week."

seems pretty f'ing easy imho.

here is my thoughts... bo wants his team to win 200 percent he doesnt want to deal with bullshiet from reporters or worse us guys on huskerboard... so he will say whatever he wants to keep distractions to a minumum and not have his players and team distracted by the like of guys like us........

some guys are media whores.. bo is not

QBs on the mend: Ready for another week of Diagnosis Quarterback?

The health of Husker quarterbacks was a popular topic after Monday's practice.

After not seeing any snaps at quarterback against Iowa State, both Taylor Martinez and Zac Lee took part in Monday's practice, though the senior Lee was limited some from what coaches have said is a hand injury.

"He's still a little sore, but he went out there and practiced," head coach Bo Pelini said. "Taylor looked good. We're pretty healthy."

Lee was sore enough that he hardly threw the football in warmups against Iowa State and was available only in a running capacity in that game, according to offensive coordinator Shawn Watson.

Pelini was asked what he thought the timetable might be on Lee being able to throw the ball as he would like.

"I don't know, until he can grip it a little bit better," Pelini said. "I think it's close, but time will tell."

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_c4a74eac-ebad-11df-a1c4-001cc4c002e0.html

Didnt see this posted, but this was taken from the practice report from Monday, take it for what its worth. Looks like Taylor should be ready to go, sounds like LEE is having trouble gripping the ball still, which is what was rumored last week.

It is not just not talking. Bo goes to some great lengths to protect what is learned about his football team. Listen to his pressers. He talks a lot without ever answering any questions.

here's my side tho...

say bo answers questions to the media about the injuries, telling them exactly what happened.

hello pandora's box of questions.

i like bo's style. give 'em nothing, they expect nothing. the hassle of avoiding one question ultimately saves him, and the team, from answering a bazillion more that really dont matter and are even more asinine. like "are you going to burn so and so's redshirt" or whatnot.

i havent heard much other than some very vague, unsubstantiated tricklings that his elbow is blown out again.

so no, i know nothing.

Thanks for the response. I heard a strong rumor from a friend I can usually trust, but you never know...I thought I'd ask you guys.

Bo says Zac is fine and should be able to play Saturday.

In Bo-Speak, that can mean anything from "Zac is actually fine" to "Zac died an hour ago." I wouldn't trust a thing Bo says when it comes to injuries. If you trust your source, I would believe what they're telling you.

I also fully expect Cody Green to start against Kansas and play most, if not all, of the game.

Now THAT is really funny!

I'm new here - finally posting! Been reading for years.

Just got this email from a reliable source...take it for what it's worth.

Here's supposedly what's happening with all of the injuries....

Quarterback injury update

I don't usually have the good info or the inside info....one of my colleauges talked with an assistant(they are good friends) last night and this is what was shared:

Our defense is healthy.....good news.

Zac Lee's career as a Husker is over...torn labrum. Don't know when he did this but it was either the Mizzou game...or a practice right around that time.

T-Mart has an "unstable high ankle sprain." He can run fine in a straight line, but if he has to cut at all, it just kills him. They are planning on him playing some this weekend just to see what he can do. I guess when he cuts though, it hurts like hell. That being said, he still wanted to play last week.

The docs are saying that realistically it will take months to heal this type of injury completely. The good news is he can't really hurt anything more by coming back too early. Bad news is he may not be healthy enough to play the rest of the year....including the bowl game.

I don't really have any more info for you. Just thought I would share.

FYI on the ankle sprain:

When a high ankle sprain is diagnosed, the doctor will determine if the injury is stable or unstable. Stable injuries are the less severe high ankle sprains when the placement of the tibia and fibula stays normal.

Unstable high ankle sprains occur when two or all three syndesmotic ligaments are torn and the tibia and fibula are free to move around.

Unstable injuries require more treatment, usually surgery. During the surgery one or two screws are inserted in the lower leg for a few months (usually three) or until the ligaments have reformed and are able to hold the bones in the proper position.[4] When surgery is needed recovery will take 6 months or longer.