Rumor: Zac Lee

I'm new here - finally posting! Been reading for years.

Just got this email from a reliable source...take it for what it's worth.

Sorry, with this type of info, I think you need to reveal your source. Or at least the number of steps it went through before it got to you.

The morning of the first game, I had someone tell me their "good source" told them that TMart was starting and that CG was in the process of packing his bags to transfer.

Sorry, with this type of info, I think you need to reveal your source. Or at least the number of steps it went through before it got to you.

The morning of the first game, I had someone tell me their "good source" told them that TMart was starting and that CG was in the process of packing his bags to transfer.

You have a valid point WDIK - I don't have a bee line to the source - I'll be honest. But it is one hop to me and 9 times out of 10 it's dead on dating back to the hire of TO days in advance of any press knowledge. Understand your concern though man - which is why I said take it for what it's worth.....it could VERY well be inaccurate.

Love being able to post/discuss now BTW.

You have a valid point WDIK - I don't have a bee line to the source - I'll be honest. But it is one hop to me and 9 times out of 10 it's dead on dating back to the hire of TO days in advance of any press knowledge. Understand your concern though man - which is why I said take it for what it's worth.....it could VERY well be inaccurate.

No problem HGGA, I understand. If I had information like this from a good source, I would probably post it also. Another board is saying this is from an "assistant". If this is true, I definitely want TMart resting if possible this week. But what do I know?

The good news is he can't really hurt anything more by coming back too early.

It seems like every injury an athlete sustains carries this disclaimer, which is odd because whenever I've had sprains, tears, tendonitis, etc, the doctor never told me 'well, you might as well go play some more basketball because you can't hurt it any worse'. The motivation behind this seems to be a way to put the onus on the player. Basically saying he can play through the pain if he's tough enough to do so.

Everything I've read about high ankle sprains seems to contradict this assertion, and an unstable sprain means the bones can dislocate, which seems like a bad idea.

The good news is he can't really hurt anything more by coming back too early.

It seems like every injury an athlete sustains carries this disclaimer, which is odd because whenever I've had sprains, tears, tendonitis, etc, the doctor never told me 'well, you might as well go play some more basketball because you can't hurt it any worse'. The motivation behind this seems to be a way to put the onus on the player. Basically saying he can play through the pain if he's tough enough to do so.

Everything I've read about high ankle sprains seems to contradict this assertion, and an unstable sprain means the bones can dislocate, which seems like a bad idea.

Yea - I've heard the same about sprains. Fortunately for me - even through 12 years of FB and BB I never did have a serious injury so I can't speak to it personally.....seems to me that ankle is pretty important to the future of NU so SAVE IT if necessary!

Except in the case of an unstable sprain where there may be a complete rupture of a ligament. If it's completely ruptured, you aren't going to do any more damage to that particular structure, though the supporting tissue that is now responsible for the stability of the joint may be damaged by further play. In general I agree with you Jason but we don't have any specifics of the injury (nor should we).

No problem HGGA, I understand. If I had information like this from a good source, I would probably post it also. Another board is saying this is from an "assistant". If this is true, I definitely want TMart resting if possible this week. But what do I know?

FWIW, where there is smoke, there is fire. It seems to me that more often than not, when we hear enough of this stuff, it comes to be true. Not saying it is in every instance, but seems to be kind of a trend.

If so, then this really, really sucks. Bad.

How is Spano doing, because we may need him.

I agree Knapplc. I don't expect to see TMart until aTm at the very earliest.

I want to see Ron kellog isntead of cody green.

Why? Cody Green proved that he wont lose us a game. Roy Helu actually did more to help lose us that game than Cody did. Same with Niles Paul.

It is not such a great idea to throw a kid in there that has zero experience in any game. I don't think Kellog has taken a single snap this year IIRC.

Cody almost lost 2 fumbles... the only reason that he didn't make mistakes was because he played 50% of the game and watson called a conservative game when Cody Green was in to avoid him making mistakes like throwing ints. Cody didn't feel the pressure the first time and fumbled the ball and the other time he goofed up by taking the ball out burkeads stomach last second while running the zone read,he should of just kept it in burkheads stomach. What did Helu do wrong? That fumble that they called on him was a bad call and it seemed like that it was a little bit of homecooking,his butt looked to be down before the ball came out and your buttox should count as 2 feet.

Dare you to tell that to your Wife.

Or your Mom.

FWIW, where there is smoke, there is fire. It seems to me that more often than not, when we hear enough of this stuff, it comes to be true. Not saying it is in every instance, but seems to be kind of a trend.

I would say this is more true lately. We seem to have gotten rid of several bad "sources" of information. The people who post insider stuff these days have been right more often than not. Of course, all "inside" information without a credible source must be viewed skeptically, but I can't remember the last major bogus bit of info we got. Mostly it's been true lately.

The one caveat to this is, it seems like Zac is capable of playing. Maybe he can't pass, but he can at least hand off. We've seen Zac practicing as recently as Tuesday in full pads, no green jersey, in game-like situations (handing off to Helu). We've heard reports that Zac broke his hand, that he ruptured a muscle, all kinds of things. Sure, I'm looking at this from layman's terms, but Zac doesn't appear from the pics of that practice to be that badly hurt.

I have not read the whole post so excuse me if that has been posted.

Rumor!!

Reliable source, Admin on another board, who has been pretty spot on over the years

Says Lee is done for the year, will not play. Martinez no word and that Kellog will take snaps in the game. No starter named.

I would guess that it is close, but who knows.

I would say this is more true lately. We seem to have gotten rid of several bad "sources" of information. The people who post insider stuff these days have been right more often than not. Of course, all "inside" information without a credible source must be viewed skeptically, but I can't remember the last major bogus bit of info we got. Mostly it's been true lately.

The one caveat to this is, it seems like Zac is capable of playing. Maybe he can't pass, but he can at least hand off. We've seen Zac practicing as recently as Tuesday in full pads, no green jersey, in game-like situations (handing off to Helu). We've heard reports that Zac broke his hand, that he ruptured a muscle, all kinds of things. Sure, I'm looking at this from layman's terms, but Zac doesn't appear from the pics of that practice to be that badly hurt.

Absolutely, I totally agree. But it certainly seems like these rumors are pretty spot on. The last bad one I remember was Carl being fired.

That being said, I can't see anyone but Cody starting this game, unless he is feeling effects of the non-called helmet to helmet hit that was put on him last week. I have also heard that Kellogg is running 2nd behind him right now.