Observations on Martinez........

A lot of strange things going on at times but we don't have all the info. The high ankle sprain may take months to heal but the trainers may have said that it won't get any worse. It's probably more of a dealing with the pain issue. I do worry more about his passing off that ankle than his running. We have backs that can run the ball. What was the deal throwing twice at the end of the game, calling time out and then taking a knee?

I don't know, I thought that was weird as well. If you're gonna call timeout let Taylor throw it up there and see if we get a score. Turner knows what we are up against as far as the national media is concerned, I don't think he would've had a problem with it.

Hanc, I agree with most of the stuff you said, but I think the unknown here is whether Cody actually had a concussion or not. If he had one, obviously he's not an option for this game. I don't care that the coaches are secretive, it screws with other teams that way.

Here's a quick question though, if my shoulder or knee or whatever is killing me, and it's not something too serious, I go to the doctor for a cortizone shot. What's stopping the medical staff from giving Taylor a cortizone shot? Would it take the pain away? That seems to be the biggest issue with his ankle, the pain. Take the pain away and you solve the problem, don't abuse the cortizone shot by any means, but once or twice isn't a big deal from what I've heard. Just spit-balling here........

Once or twice IS a big deal. The ankle is still healing. Placing stress on it is going to aggravate the injury. This isn't a case of everything being healed and he just needs to get back into game shape. If he's limping it's still an injury. The shot masks the pain and that's it. Doesn't heal it, doesn't keep it from getting hurt further in fact it allows for the opposite. He can now run around pain free doing more damage. Without the "pain" to stop him, Taylor would just keep abusing the ankle.

A lot of strange things going on at times but we don't have all the info. The high ankle sprain may take months to heal but the trainers may have said that it won't get any worse. It's probably more of a dealing with the pain issue. I do worry more about his passing off that ankle than his running. We have backs that can run the ball. What was the deal throwing twice at the end of the game, calling time out and then taking a knee?

I don't know, I thought that was weird as well. If you're gonna call timeout let Taylor throw it up there and see if we get a score. Turner knows what we are up against as far as the national media is concerned, I don't think he would've had a problem with it.

Hanc, I agree with most of the stuff you said, but I think the unknown here is whether Cody actually had a concussion or not. If he had one, obviously he's not an option for this game. I don't care that the coaches are secretive, it screws with other teams that way.

Here's a quick question though, if my shoulder or knee or whatever is killing me, and it's not something too serious, I go to the doctor for a cortizone shot. What's stopping the medical staff from giving Taylor a cortizone shot? Would it take the pain away? That seems to be the biggest issue with his ankle, the pain. Take the pain away and you solve the problem, don't abuse the cortizone shot by any means, but once or twice isn't a big deal from what I've heard. Just spit-balling here........

Once or twice IS a big deal. The ankle is still healing. Placing stress on it is going to aggravate the injury. This isn't a case of everything being healed and he just needs to get back into game shape. If he's limping it's still an injury. The shot masks the pain and that's it. Doesn't heal it, doesn't keep it from getting hurt further in fact it allows for the opposite. He can now run around pain free doing more damage. Without the "pain" to stop him, Taylor would just keep abusing the ankle.

From what I've heard he can't do more damage to the ankle, the damage has been done. So masking this pain wouldn't damage the ankle more, at least from what I've heard/read on here. The issue now is pain management not whether he'll injure the ankle more. I realize it won't heal his ankle.

If it is an unstable high ankle sprain, which has been floated around here, he certainly could mess it up more. Unstable sprains bring the risk of effing up the tibia and fibula. More or less almost always bringing surgery into play to screw the ligaments back onto the bones. This is worse case scenario, but watching Taylor hobble around all night it is obvious he is at 75% if even that. The cold actually was a better playing scenario for him instead of it being hot and humid. Light week of practice for him and then off to clinch the North in HWSNBNH fashion, on the road in Aggie Land.

If it is an unstable high ankle sprain, which has been floated around here, he certainly could mess it up more. Unstable sprains bring the risk of effing up the tibia and fibula. More or less almost always bringing surgery into play to screw the ligaments back onto the bones. This is worse case scenario, but watching Taylor hobble around all night it is obvious he is at 75% if even that. The cold actually was a better playing scenario for him instead of it being hot and humid. Light week of practice for him and then off to clinch the North in HWSNBNH fashion, on the road in Aggie Land.

I think you bring up a good point. None of us know for SURE what type of injury he has. All we know is he injured his ankle in some fashion, to what extent and what can be done...........we have no clue. All we can do is do scenarios on here and come up with what we THINK. It's great isn't it? :lol:

Ok....I didn't realize Green was "out"....was it becuase of his potential concussion at ISU? When he was interviewed on the radio on Tuesday evening on USC, he said that he was fine and having a good week of practice. I didn't know he was ruled "out".

If that was the case, then I guess I am eating a little "crow", because I didn't have all of the facts before my rant.

Over all I am looking for a silver lining here. I listened to the 1st 1/2 and missed the 2nd. I was a bit disappointed to see that we only had 2 field goals in the 2nd 1/2 but Martinez has 71 yards on 11 carries 6.5 yards/carry. Assuming he continues to improve and finds his grove again I think the team may be getting ready for a strong finish. One article said Martinez asked to run more in the 2nd half, not good results for points but let's hope is was good practice.

His running stats are pretty impressive. He had some decent runs only being 80%....even if he only played against a Kansas defense.

He did have some good runs in the second half. A lot of it was to the fact that at that point in the game KU was banking on Taylor not even being a running threat and were locking in on Roy and Rex.

However, when Taylor did keep the ball it was more than obvious that he is no where near healthy with his ankle. Healthy Taylor cuts back to the middle of the field going for more yards. Last night Taylor got some yards and then was looking for the quickest way out of bounds.

Like I stated earlier, light week of practice, try to heal that wheel as much as possible and pray Barney has the big uglies bringing their A game Saturday.

The thing is, some people are mildly grumbling because we played T-Mart and won by 17. If we had gone with Kellogg/Latravius instead, and got beat by KU, these same people would be phoning in death threats and calling for Pelini’s head. Especially since T-Mart was at practice this last week.

We won. I doubt we set Martinez' healing back much. Time to think about aTm.

• Fire 1

His running stats are pretty impressive. He had some decent runs only being 80%....even if he only played against a Kansas defense.

He did have some good runs in the second half. A lot of it was to the fact that at that point in the game KU was banking on Taylor not even being a running threat and were locking in on Roy and Rex.

However, when Taylor did keep the ball it was more than obvious that he is no where near healthy with his ankle. Healthy Taylor cuts back to the middle of the field going for more yards. Last night Taylor got some yards and then was looking for the quickest way out of bounds.

Like I stated earlier, light week of practice, try to heal that wheel as much as possible and pray Barney has the big uglies bringing their A game Saturday.

I think we'll see an even healthier Martinez come A&M...the whole team is going to have to play up to their potential to walk away with a W in college station. This team so far....has shown when the competition gets stiff...they rise to the occasion. Lets hope this keeps happening!