So how happy are you Huskers to be going to the Big Ten?

I can't wait to do this to Iowa every year...

Having lived in Iowa all my life (until I came to UNL), I never had a problem with Iowa fans, until last year when they had a pretty good season. They are so overtly and undeservedly cocky. They have a little brother complex that is not too different from what we see with misery fans. I cannot wait to start tearing them apart year in and year out.

+1 by the way, for you sir. Eric Crouch is awesome for many reasons, this hit being one reason that is especially high on the list.

:thumbs

I know how you feel. Living just outside of South Sioux City and being right across the river from Iowa, I have dealt with my fair share of them. They aren't really all that bad except when we lose, then they seem to rub it in, especially when they went to the BCS game last year and when they were saying that they would be better than us this year all offseason.

Yep, living in Chicago - I've made it through one whole winter here so I'm allowed to complain about cold weather!

I expect the Big 12-2 to last no more than five more years. I really don't want to go to the SEC (not a fan of the rampant pay-for-play and oversigning), but I'm guessing that's what's going to happen. I'm just glad we didn't jump ship and head out during this past realignment. Although I think you guys made an excellent decision, our situation was different - we need the next few years to straighten up before we go jumping in the SEC. Three coaches in ten years does bad things to a football program, as well as the severe mismanagement of our record-high revenue which led our athletic dep't to be in the red last year. It just was not the right time.

Good luck in the Big Ten though; it really is a great conference.

I will definitely miss the b12. I grew up with the big 8 so this is sad for me. I will definitely miss being no more than 2-3 hours from about any game with fairly easy access to tix. now? closest road game is Iowa City-6 hours away! I wont be able to sit in the deer stand and listen to games on the radio( I am assuming KC stations will quit carrying the games) and living in KC, all the jawing with the MU, KSU and KU fans. I will miss the b12.Ill bet home tix get harder as well because so many of us wont have the access like we once did. you huskers fans living in the middle of b10 country will have to take over for road games.good for you having better access now.

Loved that Crouch run, I was there and the place went nuts. The win and run made the drive back to Nebraska much easier... As for leaving the Big 12, it is bittersweet for me, but i can not wait to play in our new conference. The Big 12 has turned into a runaway train and it ain't gonna come back. I would give it 4 years max. I feel bad for KState, Iowa St, KS a little bit, but they were not too fond of our success and didn't exactly c eye to eye with Coach Osborne when he discussed the problems the league would have when they decided to centralize control in Texas.

I'll miss my Big8 brothers & TAM.

A&M is the only non-Big 8 team i'd "miss". in some way they kind of felt like a fellow Big 8 brethren.

If you're still around Aggie, I'm curious to know what you thought of the near-move to the SEC. How did you feel when the rumors were going on at the time and how do you feel about the non-move now?

As for us in the Big 10, I was all for it at the time and am still all for it. but i don't think the "last time vs ____" tour that we've done this year will really sink in until next season, or maybe even a couple years from now.

No regrets no matter what happens when it finally does sink in though. The program and the school are on much more solid ground now. especially if/when Texas goes independent.

I'll miss playing OU...Just too many great memories. I won't miss the monopoly and stronghold Texas has on the conference. It seems they and to some degree OU get the lion's share of the money while the rest of the conference gets whatever crumbs are left over. The rest of the Big XII conference will grown tired of it too and the Big XII will crumble at the hands of Dan Beebe.

I'm very excited to see Nebraska become part of a great football conference both athletically and academically.

I'll miss my Big8 brothers & TAM.

If you're still around Aggie, I'm curious to know what you thought of the near-move to the SEC. How did you feel when the rumors were going on at the time and how do you feel about the non-move now?

At first I didn't want to leave. I started at A&M in 2000 and the Big 12 was all I knew. Eventually I started to realize that the Big 12 just wasn't viable and that a new conference would be necessary. I was really hoping to go to the Big 10. I never heard it from people back home, but the word up here amongst a lot of Big 10 people was that Delany was looking to bring in Texas and Texas A&M (remember the "Tech problem" email?) and capture the entire Texas TV market (or at least a huge portion of it). Texas wasn't biting (they don't like to share) and I doubt we were invited on our own anyways. Plus most A&M fans I talked to had zero interest in the Big 10. I'm so glad we didn't go during the realignment now. We are not in a good enough position to make the jump as of yet - still rebuilding!

The SEC just seems like a natural fit but I really REALLY don't like the rampant pay-for-play and oversigning going on there. I'm not so naiive to believe that infractions never happen at A&M or in most conferences, but it seems like a whole different ballgame over there. I feel that A&M would have to play dirty to compete and I'm uncomfortable with that.

As far as holding up in the SEC, I think A&M would be okay - good most years with a great run here and there. We have built-in advantages (rabid fan base, high athletic revenue, facilities, recruiting base) that should keep us afloat, as long as we can find a decent coach (which I think we have). We've been through 3 coaches in the past ten years, and it's no coincidence that those have been the worst ten years since A&M became a full-fledged flagship university and not solely a military school.

I haven't been a football fan long enough to really say I'll miss the teams we play. I think we'd still play Texas every year, sort of like Georgia/Ga Tech does even though they're in different conferences, but if we didn't, oh well. They've gotten too greedy; as a Michigan fan, I understand you can have an elite, successful program that doesn't run everyone else off. I'd be excited to renew the rivalry with LSU, especially since my baby brother is there! :)

Having lived in Iowa all my life (until I came to UNL), I never had a problem with Iowa fans, until last year when they had a pretty good season. They are so overtly and undeservedly cocky. They have a little brother complex that is not too different from what we see with misery fans. I cannot wait to start tearing them apart year in and year out.

+1 by the way, for you sir. Eric Crouch is awesome for many reasons, this hit being one reason that is especially high on the list.

I know how you feel. Living just outside of South Sioux City and being right across the river from Iowa, I have dealt with my fair share of them. They aren't really all that bad except when we lose, then they seem to rub it in, especially when they went to the BCS game last year and when they were saying that they would be better than us this year all offseason.

To the first bolded comment - I kind of feel the same way about some Nebraska fans sometimes living here in Lincoln for the past 10 years.

To the second bolded comment - have I mentioned how much I hate Northwestern?

At least from now on it will be settled on the field and we don't have to play the what if game anymore. :) And that is why I am ecstatic about you guys coming to the Big 10!

To the first bolded comment - I kind of feel the same way about some Nebraska fans sometimes living here in Lincoln for the past 10 years.

To the second bolded comment - have I mentioned how much I hate Northwestern?

At least from now on it will be settled on the field and we don't have to play the what if game anymore. :) And that is why I am ecstatic about you guys coming to the Big 10!

LET'S GET IT ON!

4a54589e90f451c8f2f839af5e328fd9.png

I am sad to see you and CU go. Some of my fondest memories of the Big 8 are of going to the basketball conference in KC. The camaraderie of the fans was just fantastic. There was really no true hatred there. What I don't miss about the Big 8 was that we (OSU) sucked for much of it, both in football and basketball, save for a few good/great years here and there. Heh.

I went to the 2007 OSU/NU game in Lincoln and had a freakin' blast hanging out with the Husker fans post-game. Hopefully, I'll get to see us play you one last time in a few weeks at JerryVille™.

I'm very traditional when it comes to football. The original Big 8 will be missed sorely. Having said that, after the Lil' 10 implodes ... which I do think happens ... this move will look brilliant ... and it will be brilliant. The Huskers fit here ... and somewhere down the road when ND takes the jump, I hope MU gets added and I'm good with losing OU and TU. OU made a bed with TX that I can't stomach ... and TX is TX ... my God, they fly the Texas flag as high as the US flag. To much pride for a simple man.

SheepdogMark