Refs and penalties

The game is self-explanatory.

I hope Pelini runs up a 50k fine at the presser.

No sane fan could watch this game and conclude otherwise.

Screw em. Screw em straight to hell.

I have $20 to send in to Bo if he gets fined.

I don't blame the Aggies. If you saw a suitcase of money on the ground, would you take it? Well, maybe YOU wouldn't, but the Aggies clearly would, and did. Anyway, this wasn't about them. This was about screwing us over one more time.

Weren't these refs the same ones who called the CCG last year? I thought I recognized some weasely faces out there.

I don't blame the Aggies. If you saw a suitcase of money on the ground, would you take it? Well, maybe YOU wouldn't, but the Aggies clearly would, and did. Anyway, this wasn't about them. This was about screwing us over one more time.

Weren't these refs the same ones who called the CCG last year? I thought I recognized some weasely faces out there.

The two on Martin I would like to see but he always seems to begood for one a game, and he made up for a penalty free game last week tonight. OK that was a weak ass joke but suprisingly true.

The officiatingnfor for this game was bad. As a former college football player, you always knew not to look at the refs in a resulted outcome, but this one was to bad to ignore.

Exhibit A. The drive that starts the field goal to make it 6-3. Deep in their own field, Cam is held in the endzone. That by rule is a safety. He beat his tackle and it is blatent that the 34 over Cam's right shoulder all of a sudden the number on the front of the jersey.

Exhibit B. The interception against Cody. With the field judge "looking" right at the defenders feet he calls a pick when it is obvious that one foot comes down on the line. It also should have been the foot the official should have been focusing on. The call on the field saved A&M's ass on that one.

Exhibit C. Throwing a flag for a penalty and then deciding there was no foul on the play. This PI call that never was just proves how chicken $h!t the clowns in the Big xxiii are.

And finally Exibit D. The worst call I have ever seen. The roughing the passer call on Courtney. You hit a player while in the motion of making a play and it is what you are TAUGHT to do. This is the worse call have ever seen. Worse than the Penn State TD. WHY? In college BBall the official almost go out of their way to let the PLAYERS DECIDE THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME!! This is an example of why BBall refs try not to be well known.

Again, I have stated in the past that NU cannot put itself in the position to let these ass jockeys decide a game, but tonight proved thereal driving force for Dan Beebe, and that is squeezing every bit of money out of Nebraska he can, because the big cash cow from the North just ave him the finger, and are moving on to finer pastures.

Sorry :rant

So $40 total? ;) But yeah, I was hoping to hear some stronger words in the presser! I woulda chipped in, too...

I have alot of things to say about the officiating, most of which I will wait to say because I need to chose my words better. I don't want one of the mods having to ban me based off of tonight.

I will however say that it is sad and rather pathetic that a bunch of 50+ year old men take their personal grudges and feelings out on a bunch of 20-something year old kids as if they are responsible. If you are a true football fan, from any football fan base, and watched tonights game and are not sickened by what you witnessed, then you are not a fan at all of this sport.

What happened tonight was sad, pathetic and unbelievable.

I can take a defeat easily. As much as I hate the Texas Longhorns, they straight up beat us. Tonight, it took 7 extra men for a team to beat us. And people wonder why we are leaving this s... hole of a conference.

The NCAA has already heard from me. Can't find an email to write the Big 12...but the more I think about it they would not read it and delete it anyway. I am going to write the Big 12 corporate partners though to put pressure on from that angle. Goodbye Dr. Pepper (have a lot of other choices still), goodbye Gatorade (sick of your gimmick drinks anyway), goodbye Chick-Fil-A (this will be the toughest one as I like their food!). No more $$$ from me as long as you support this POS Conference!

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&KEY=&ATCLID=1514850

I have alot of things to say about the officiating, most of which I will wait to say because I need to chose my words better. I don't want one of the mods having to ban me based off of tonight.

I will however say that it is sad and rather pathetic that a bunch of 50+ year old men take their personal grudges and feelings out on a bunch of 20-something year old kids as if they are responsible. If you are a true football fan, from any football fan base, and watched tonights game and are not sickened by what you witnessed, then you are not a fan at all of this sport.

What happened tonight was sad, pathetic and unbelievable.

I can take a defeat easily. As much as I hate the Texas Longhorns, they straight up beat us. Tonight, it took 7 extra men for a team to beat us. And people wonder why we are leaving this s... hole of a conference.

Well Willie, everyone gets three strikes... :lol: just saying--!

Why didn't they show replays on most of the penalties? The only ones I remember them showing were a PI, Bo's, and the "late" hit. Eric Martin's two personal fouls for instance, I wanted to see what he did there.

The 1st personal foul on Martin - flag was thrown at the 50. Martin was around the 30. He hardly touched any Aggies on the play, and by the time the play ended he was on the opposite sideline. The only thing I can think of is he hit an Aggie late and we couldn't see it on TV, or he took his helmet off before getting to the sideline.

i'd love to hear someone try to defend the refs and the big 12. there is no way that one can logically look at the calls this year and not see that something is up. the big 12 should be ashamed

OSU 8 penalties for 84 yards

NU 7 penalties for 55 yards

Not included in the NU total was a hard hit to the helmet that was later given a suspension on a touchdown play.

Included in the OSU total was a soft hit to the helmet that did not phase the offensive player but converted a critical 3rd down incompletion.

The penalties at tonight's aTm game were lop-sided in amount and the one roughing the passer or whatever they called was a horrible call. But to decide from that there is a conspiracy in the league is nuts. So, do you think the league officials got together and said, "We will show that NU, we will penalize them a lot. Except, when they go on the road to the undefeated Big 12 south leader. There, we will make some calls that are distinctly in their advantage. That will show em! We will make them lose a bunch but win the most important one for the league." Looking at that, you have to admit the conspiracy theory is not logical. It would have made sense to call back the huge runback and let a tap to the QB helmet go if you were trying to punish a team.

Like much of government, the craziness may seem like conspiracy, but it is probably just incompetence.