Post Mortem survey

GMoose

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally, I just don't see what the Big 12 stands to gain by keeping us out of the title game or flagging us so much. By keeping us down, all they would be doing is hurting themselves by decreasing the Big 12 chances at 2 BCS slots.

I think we do get flagged to excess, but for a different reason. Bo is screaming in refs' faces the whole game, of course they're going to be more likely to flag his team. IMO

What say you?

I wasn't one to think it was a conspiracy, but last night gave a little proof to that rumor. We have the second most penalized team in the Big XII and they only get 2 penalties called? Flags are picked up, apparition calls on Martin, so many missed calls of holding or should I say MUGGING by aTm, a titty twister involving Ben Cottons sack, etc. the list goes on and on and on.

Anyone who thinks that it's Bo's fault for yelling at the refs is not thinking straight . . . Bo is yelling at the refs. Bo is yelling at the refs about officiating. Bo is yelling at the refs about officiating because the calls are bad. This isn't a chicken-or-the-egg problem. If the calls were not atrocious, he wouldn't be yelling so much.

Did you ever consider that Bo yelling at the refs for their unbelievable calls is exactly what they are hoping to accomplish, since it gives the refs all the more opportunities to flag our team and a scapegoat to boot? The fact that we are having this conversation is part of their plan.

forget conspiracy. I know a big 12 ref and how they get scheduled..there is little rhyme or reason other than they cannot ref their alma maters, and sometimes they will switch games because of family whatever. forget conspiracy.hell, I was i the car with a ref recently when he was requesting a change for absolutely no reason other than he needed to stay closer to home that weekend.there was that much thought put into it.

I think bo screaming in the refs ear is the problem. heres how to fix it:

Get the offense playing well>> which leads to fewers close games>> which leads to calmer Bo>> which leads to fewer outbursts>> which leads to fewer flags from pissed off officials>>which leads to more wins. PERIOD. Game Set Match. We will never have a problem again. you see? it is all bout our offense. the D is awesome. don't touch the D.

As soon as we get away from 1 guy (TMart) being the difference between us losing all over the place and winning,all problems are solved.

Its really that simple. besides the b12 is not smart enough to come up with a way to screw nebraska

• Fire 1

I am going to need multiple votes

That's how I feel. I voted for Bo's screaming, but don't think he alone is to blame for what occured last night.

I do believe that Bo's treatment of the officials is detrimental to our football team. I'm not backing away from that. Yell once or twice a quarter, fine. Raging and quaking with fury over every single call however, (or perceived non-call) is excessive. To me, anyway.

Hujan, let me ask you a question: Do you think that anything good could ever possibly come from berating an official? This is an honest quetion. Do you think that by yelling, Bo could ever have a flag picked up? Do you think they'll be less apt to throw a flag later in the game because the NU head coach just peppered them with vulgarities?

On the other hand, do you think that anything bad could come of it? Could you see an official become irritated at the person repeatedly snarling and screaming a mere inch or two from his face, and maybe throw a flag later in the game out of spite? Because I can absolutely see that. The erasing of a penalty, the picking up of a flag? No...that I don't see.

(Actually, I DID see that last night. It went against us.)

Anyone who thinks that it's Bo's fault for yelling at the refs is not thinking straight . . . Bo is yelling at the refs. Bo is yelling at the refs about officiating. Bo is yelling at the refs about officiating because the calls are bad. This isn't a chicken-or-the-egg problem. If the calls were not atrocious, he wouldn't be yelling so much.

Did you ever consider that Bo yelling at the refs for their unbelievable calls is exactly what they are hoping to accomplish, since it gives the refs all the more opportunities to flag our team and a scapegoat to boot? The fact that we are having this conversation is part of their plan.

So when we led the league in penalties in 2008 and 2009, was the B12 out to get us then too?

So when we led the league in penalties in 2008 and 2009, was the B12 out to get us then too?

Wow, I think we are way overanalyzing this..these refs have been screamed at by Bo for 3 years now. My guess is they are getting tired of it and will call penalties that maybe they would have let go cause they do not like him. they are human, I might to. the fact they do not like him is squarely Bo's issue.

Next year everyone will be screaming we are getting jobbed because the b10 officials dont want us to win the first year. these guys are not that put together. didnt Bo kinda aplogize a few years back after TO had words with him about his behavior. I think we were going to see a kinder gentler BO? I guess he quit going to whatever he was going to get over the rage thing? If he doesnt squelch some of his every play screaming, we will be the most penalized team i the big 10 in the next 3 years. wait and see.

forget conspiracy. I know a big 12 ref and how they get scheduled..there is little rhyme or reason other than they cannot ref their alma maters, and sometimes they will switch games because of family whatever. forget conspiracy.hell, I was i the car with a ref recently when he was requesting a change for absolutely no reason other than he needed to stay closer to home that weekend.there was that much thought put into it.

I think bo screaming in the refs ear is the problem. heres how to fix it:

Get the offense playing well>> which leads to fewers close games>> which leads to calmer Bo>> which leads to fewer outbursts>> which leads to fewer flags from pissed off officials>>which leads to more wins. PERIOD. Game Set Match. We will never have a problem again. you see? it is all bout our offense. the D is awesome. don't touch the D.

As soon as we get away from 1 guy (TMart) being the difference between us losing all over the place and winning,all problems are solved.

Its really that simple. besides the b12 is not smart enough to come up with a way to screw nebraska

Well then they must be allowed to ref games they bet on or have family/friends playing for. There was a video (probably on youtube) that shows a ref give a fist pump after signaling a TD for texas a few years ago.