Why i am begining to lose faith....

Hunter94

Bo HAS made improvements..But..

They seem to be taking much longer than they should.

I've had my concerns with Martinez the whole season..He just doesn't appear to be "enjoying" the game and part of me will be surprised if he finnishes his career here.

When Bo became our coach, everyone was quick to brag that "he was the kind of coach you would go through a wall for".

After seeing him dress down TM on the sidelines I wanted to put Pelini through that wall.

And if I was one of the QB's Offensive Linemen..I probably would have.

Varsity Blues

What is strange is how the offense and defense are polar opposites.

The defense plays with fundamentals, discipline and smarts.

The offense stutters, farts, and pisses down their legs.

I think I know what the problem is and am amazed that Bo hasn't taken control of HIS team and straightened this crap out.

• Fire 1

Nonsense. Bitching at the officials is more likely to get a couple make-up calls in your favor than anything else. And the penalty on Bo cost us five yards on a drive where we ended up scoring anyway.

Bitching doesn't necessarily equal make up calls. If that was the case, any ex wife could be a college basketball coach.

There is a way to WORK officials, and then there is what Bo does.

I wonder if any of the recruits watching at home with their parent are having second thoughts?

sure they are, ask yourself, is this guy going to enjoyable to play for? is this how he is going to "coach"?

not good.....just not good.

I couldn't disagree more. Enjoyable to play for? This is division 1 major college football! You know what is enjoyable at this level? WINNING. How do you win? Through motivation and hard work. Pelini is a master motivator and demands hard work from all his players and pitches this to recruits before they commit to attend the University. If a kid wants to be consoled when things get tough, and a lollipop when it hurts, then this University does not want him. Go some place where winning isn't expected.

Did you ever hear any of the stories about Devaney? Not a whole lot different than Pelini from what I hear. Suck it up, rub some dirt on it and quit your belly-aching. Cut the guy some slack and let him win us a Big 12 title, and many Big 10 titles. Or start a campaign to run him out of town and we can get somebody in there that will coddle the kids and everyone will have fun. Get prepared for a bunch of 7-5 teams, but at least everyone will have fun. :rant

I wonder if any of the recruits watching at home with their parent are having second thoughts?

sure they are, ask yourself, is this guy going to enjoyable to play for? is this how he is going to "coach"?

These are three- and four-star recruits at major FBS football programs. I would hope they are more concerned with the satisfaction in winning championships than just having an enjoyable time. Intramural sports would be a great and acceptable option for anyone just wanting to enjoy themselves.

Nonsense. Bitching at the officials is more likely to get a couple make-up calls in your favor than anything else. And the penalty on Bo cost us five yards on a drive where we ended up scoring anyway.

Funny.

I was watching the 2nd half at a local Native New Yorker after my modem died at home.

I was watching with one guy in a Nebraska hat and his golfing buddy in an ATM shirt.

When they didn't call intentional grounding on TM for 35 seconds, the ATM guy said maybe the no call was a make-up call for that bogus late hit...then FLAG!

I was pissed enough that they wouldn't turn up the volume until after that Cage Fight? on the other tv was over..like anyone was watching that other than when Joe Rogan was gushing all over some sweaty skinhead guy with giant ears...Still going on when I left.

Bringing the bad call to the official's attention (might in rare cases)result in a make-up call.

But not letting it go probably makes them eager to call another one on you.

I found myself wishing they'd eject Bo.

These are three- and four-star recruits at major FBS football programs. I would hope they are more concerned with the satisfaction in winning championships than just having an enjoyable time. Intramural sports would be a great and acceptable option for anyone just wanting to enjoy themselves.

It's never "One or the other"..or any other extreme to prove your point.

It's just almost impossible to win "championships" without caring for the guy next to you..or play your guts out for a coach that you don't respect.

I think I know what the problem is and am amazed that Bo hasn't taken control of HIS team and straightened this crap out.

it is really day and night between our offense and defense. and this is consistent. something needs to be done on the offensive side of the ball cause this is not getting the job done. i understand injuries at qb are seriously hurting us right now but just like last year we seem inconsistent, flat play from the offense. I know there have been highlights from the year, its just I'm a little tired of it being such a struggle to score.

it is really day and night between our offense and defense. and this is consistent. something needs to be done on the offensive side of the ball cause this is not getting the job done. i understand injuries at qb are seriously hurting us right now but just like last year we seem inconsistent, flat play from the offense. I know there have been highlights from the year, its just I'm a little tired of it being such a struggle to score.

how many great games on offense has wats called this season, against true competition?

how about last year?...i rest my case, someone needs the balls to send wats packing.

in two diffrent worlds you have bo

in world world you have bo being an out of control hot mess (wonder how his players view him)

the other you have a passionate coach who just wants his guys to play to the level he knows they can (remember the whole 'we would run through a wall for bo' talk back in the day)]

i guess it comes down to what you believe, see or what you want to believe

For all the talk of Pelini preaching discipline and attention to detail - this team SUCKS at playing disciplined football. Inconsistency, turnovers, penalties - blech.

THere were some horrible calls last night, but the coaching staff has to take the blame for this loss.

START COACHING BETTER.

Honestly, I think you have a point here. Yes, we can blame penalties and injuries. But really, the blame belongs with the coaches and the players. We were nothing like a disciplined team last night, or for most of this season honestly.

We're still having a great year and we're all still behind Bo. But how awesome would it be to have one game where we aren't penalized much, don't fumble, and don't burn timeouts on simple game management stuff?

Whatever. We take our lumps, learn our lessons and move on. The Buffs are in for a long afternoon on Friday...