To all the Pelini Bashers

Do we want a coach who sticks up for his players after terrible calls or this one???

ncf_i_callahan_200.jpg

Are you saying Callahan is a guy who didn't stick up for his players after terrible calls?

You're talking about the classless SOB who throat-slashed at a referee. And didn't like the ways the OU fans were treating his players after a game, so he called them "f'n hillbillies." But as you see, the above two incidents were only sources of pride when BC was winning decently. They turned into more cause to pile on the "fire this guy" / "we're glad he's gone" bandwagon soon enough.

Different styles, that's all. *To clarify: I do want Bo.

Would you want your son talked to like Taylor was last night on National TV. Would you want your brother or father talked to like the officials were last night?

I am a big boy, 26 years in the Marine Corps, and have heard every thing that can be said and a lot of time directly to me and at me. But I never wanted it even if I deserved it. Losing a game for what ever reason is not worth what was displayed last night on National TV.

Just had my boss call me, SC fan, asking if that guy will kill someone before the year is out? This has traveled everywhere, and it will affect this program. He has to clean up his act and very quickly or we will have a new coach here. My guess is this is the last time we will see those actions, if it happens again, he will be gone and my guess is he is being told so soon if not already.

• Fire 1

My post from another thread:

I really don't understand how bringing up Callahan refutes anything. We're not talking about Callahan, we're talking about Bo.

Was Callahan a terrible coach in almost every way? Yes.

Does Pelini need to work on keeping himself in check a bit more? Yes.

These things can coexist. Saying Bo needs to chill sometimes is not the equivalent of saying he needs to stand there with a blank face all game. Everyone wants a passionate coach who will stand up for our players. Bo does that, and it's great. The issue is that there have been multiple times when it's just over the top, and he needs to control that. Going into meltdown mode like he does sometimes doesn't accomplish anything.

You also need to look at how stuff like this reflects on the school. The perception that has developed of him is that he's an a-hole hothead. Regardless of how true that is, the perception still exists and plays a dominate roll in how he and our program are viewed.

Keep being passionate, just temper the highs a little.

There's a huge difference between bashing him and saying he needs to chill the f#*k out sometimes.

• Fire 1

Bo is a million times better as a coach that BC. That being said, Pelini needs to learn from Callahan's mistake of keeping Coz around and has got to get rid of Watson soon. The guy can't get this offense to perform. We need a better leader and a better teacher on that side of the ball. Plain and simple. Until we get one, we will under perform.

• Fire 1

just because bo is not as bad as callahan does not excuse his behavior. i think it would go a long way if he addressed this issue, apologized, and admitted that he needs and will work on controlling himself. he has progressed so well since his first year, it was too bad that had to happen last night.