Bo say whats on your mind and get fined already

Apathy

This is day two and I haven't had a good night sleep yet. I can't seem to go to bed without thinking about the officiating that occured Saturday night with A&M and throughout Big 12 play. It bugs me that the officials would screw kids over. This kids practice hard every week and give everything sweat and blood. They work their asses off during practice and then to get bent over like they did on Saturday was an embarrassment to the Big 12 Conference, to the other Big 12 Officials, and the Officials that actually officiated that game. I know we've gone over the officiating before this thread and this is just a sport and life goes on bla bla bla. I can take a loss and don't mind losing but to screw players who work their asses off day and day is ridiculous. We've seen horrible bogus calls in the past 4 games well besides Kansas and calls that have been called on us that were deserved to be flagged.

I just wished that Bo Pelini would pull a Mark Mangino and say what he thinks about the officiating. Myself and other Husker fans that I've talked to would be willing to send money to the University to help cover some of the Bo's fine from the Big 12. Here are some numbers that I can't stop thinking about and makes me sick to even look at.

The officials that officiated the TAMU game also officiated the Texas and ISU games. Of those three games Nebraska was flagged a total of 32 times for 293 yards while the opponents combined had 9 flags for 103 yards.

- Texas had 4 flags for 53 yards

- Nebraska had 10 flags for 94

- ISU had 3 flags for 40 plus the missed Unsportsmanlike Conduct call on the Burkhead TD

- Nebraska had 6 flags for 54 yards

- TAMU had 2 flags for 10 yards with one flag that was picked up at a cruical part of the game

- Nebraska had 16 flags for 145 yards...thats more yards than UT, ISU, and TAMU had combined.

In the last three games our opponents only had a combine of 6 penalities for 59 yards compared to our 28 penalities for 253 yards.

In Big 12 play we have been flagged 57 times for 503 yards where our opponents have been flagged 29 times for 266 yards.

• Fire 1

Amen brother. Ive been saying that for weeks. I could handle this alot better if our stand up, chip on his shoulder coach and our fearless god like athletic director would just come out in public and call this conference out. The only thing i can think of as i talked about in the other thread i started asking about what the penalty would be, is 1) the penalty for such a thing is too severe and is quite simply unaffordable (beyond fines, like suspension etc.) or 2) Bo is going to continue the next game mentality and keep putting that out to his team. I believe mostly the latter and that he will not discuss the topic whatsoever today. HOWEVER, i seriously beleive that once the season is over, bowl game and all, there will be some big talk about all this, cuz if there is a red flag, Osborne and Pelini are not gonna let it go.

Enough is enough and I'm getting sick and tired seeing innocent kids getting screwed fro the wrong reasons. I'm here as well as other Husker fans to back up Bo and Tom on this subject. Kids are being screwed for the wrong reasons and it needs to stop.

I agree totally. Granted, Bo could probably tone it down in a couple areas, but he was fighting because he felt we were getting screwed, and rightfully so. He's fighting for our team. Look at the way the team came out after we started on our 5 after the Unsportsmanlike Penalty Bo got, there was some fury in that drive right up until we got screwed again by picking up the P.I. flag that I was amazed they threw in the first place.

I think the thing that is getting lost in this whole mix is the fact that Martinez & Helu made us feel a whole lot better about our offense when they were busting out 60 & 70 TD runs, but since they haven't been doing that, our O hasn't been able to stay on the field for a variety of reasons. Bo needs to get the Offense fixed just like he did the defense. If we were putting up some big points, there wouldn't be the opportunity for game changing calls like we saw Saturday

I don't know, part of me thought it was too bad we didn't score points to make the refs a non issue, but I felt like somehow, the refs would have done something to get it called back. If Bo gets fired for this, Nebraska would lose a great Coach. He was just reacting to Nebraska getting screwed again. I was fuming at home to yelling at the TV. I imagine we see Bo saying "I apologize for how I reacted during the game". What Osborne and Co need to remember is we have 1 more Regular Season Game, Possible Big XII Championship, then Bowl, and we are out of the Big XII and then on to bigger and brighter things.

...if there is a red flag...

Please, no red flags. The yellow flags were bad enough!

Seriously though -- I can't believe Bo kept his tongue tamed in the post-game meeting. I did like the "we gave them 6 but they scored 9" comment, but I was totally expecting a lashing of the refs like had never been heard before. I wonder if TO was in contact with Bo in those few minutes between the end of the game and the interview. Bo seemed harnessed.

The problems is Bo goes postal on every penalty. If he only went ape on the legit ones, he might get somewhere with the refs. We are a semi undisciplined offensive team, false starts and illegal procedures should be a non-issue by now. Blame Watson or whomever- but that needs to be addressed by Bo to Wats.

I hate to see the Pelini's going after people, post game. I didn't like last years after the B12 conference game, and I don't like it now. Its juvenile.

I don't know, part of me thought it was too bad we didn't score points to make the refs a non issue, but I felt like somehow, the refs would have done something to get it called back. If Bo gets fired for this, Nebraska would lose a great Coach. He was just reacting to Nebraska getting screwed again. I was fuming at home to yelling at the TV. I imagine we see Bo saying "I apologize for how I reacted during the game". What Osborne and Co need to remember is we have 1 more Regular Season Game, Possible Big XII Championship, then Bowl, and we are out of the Big XII and then on to bigger and brighter things.

I can't help but think Bo wouldn't explode on every call if Watson knew what he was doing. Every call was huge in this game because they can't score. The officials are pathetic, but they are just hiding a problem.

Bo say whats on your mind - Hey AD (Insert Name Here), Wats will be a great head coach and I don't know what we'll do without him. He's yours now...good luck!

Enough is enough and I'm getting sick and tired seeing innocent kids getting screwed fro the wrong reasons. I'm here as well as other Husker fans to back up Bo and Tom on this subject. Kids are being screwed for the wrong reasons and it needs to stop.

I agree totally. Granted, Bo could probably tone it down in a couple areas, but he was fighting because he felt we were getting screwed, and rightfully so. He's fighting for our team. Look at the way the team came out after we started on our 5 after the Unsportsmanlike Penalty Bo got, there was some fury in that drive right up until we got screwed again by picking up the P.I. flag that I was amazed they threw in the first place.

I think the thing that is getting lost in this whole mix is the fact that Martinez & Helu made us feel a whole lot better about our offense when they were busting out 60 & 70 TD runs, but since they haven't been doing that, our O hasn't been able to stay on the field for a variety of reasons. Bo needs to get the Offense fixed just like he did the defense. If we were putting up some big points, there wouldn't be the opportunity for game changing calls like we saw Saturday

Yep. This to me is a sign that our offense simply needs a new coordinator. Somehow the defense can play fired up constantly but not the offense. Bo finally gets pissed enough and the players responded!

The problems is Bo goes postal on every penalty. If he only went ape on the legit ones, he might get somewhere with the refs. We are a semi undisciplined offensive team, false starts and illegal procedures should be a non-issue by now. Blame Watson or whomever- but that needs to be addressed by Bo to Wats.

I hate to see the Pelini's going after people, post game. I didn't like last years after the B12 conference game, and I don't like it now. Its juvenile.

It's fairly easy to see we're a very undisciplined team. We've been the most penalized team in the Big 12 since Bo stepped foot on campus. I highly doubt the Big 12 officials knew in 08' and 09' that we'd be leaving the conference soon.