UPDATED: Beebe not in Lincoln... Will hand over death threat e-mails to authorities

Nexus

I get happier and happier each and every day that we are leaving this joke of a confrence. I always knew the big 8 was better than the big 12, but this childish and unprofessional behavior has hit all new lows. I can somewhat understand the football trophy if there were death threats that is a legit reason to not show up. (although there were alternitives) The vollyball trophy is another thing eniterly no threats, the game was not in lincoln and all he had to do was hand over the trophy and say congrats.

The reason I think it makes me so angry is that this in no way should envolve the student athletes for any sport, let the fans complain, let there be tense words between the athletic departmetn and the higher ups in the big 12, but leve the kids out of it. When Beebe pulls this childish crap it snubs the athletes who have worked very hard and represented their school and the big 12 very well.

How long can garbage like this go on before the national media starts to actually expose what the big 12 is doing. Is there some sort of unspoken code of conduct when it comes to being critical of a conference? I'm surprised to be saying this since I'm not a very big volleyball fan but I'm much angrier over this snub than crap pulled last saturday. (and that's saying a lot becuase I was pretty mad about that)

I wish as fans we had some type of recorse aginst this, but we have alrady seen what happnes if we email our disapproval to the big 12. Beebe is a childish clown. Thank goodness there is only about 6 months left and we are forever gone from the child birthday party that is the big 12.

:rant

Does he typically hand out the volleyball trophy? I'm guessing somebody does, but I'm just wondering how it usually goes down.

i would also like to know.

someone asked the same question on huskerextra.com and here is the anwer they got.

@ScottF--No one was there to present the trophy to Nebraska when they won a share of the title on Wednesday in the Coliseum. And I doubt they were given the trophy after winning it outright at A&M. Usually there is a trophy presentation of some sort but nothing this year

His logic is amazing. Husker fans are to be feared? Wow!

Wonder if he's coming to Dallas? After all, a former President was killed there?

I'm just sayin' ... no threats or humor involved.

There are lots of Husker fans here. I live here. I suppose he should fear me too. I bleed red!

If he can't pass out a trophy to the girls I doubt he can show up to pass out the football trophy.

SheepdogMark

The volleyball snub is far more significant than the football f/u. 1) It was the conference championship as a whole, and not just a division crown. 2) It was an outright title, no co-champ as with Missouri in the North in football. This is assenine. Bet your money, if we win on saturday there will be no presentation following the game. Put the bets down guys. My odds are a measly 1.1 to 1 that there will be NO presentation if Nebraska beats Oklahoma Saturday.

I hope he doesn't show up Saturday if we win. That way the entire nation can begin to see how he's been treating us this year and understand why we are pissed about his behavior. He has to be one of the more immature people I've ever seen. I'll be glad come Sunday morning that we are part of the Big 10. F/U Dan Beebe..........

• Fire 1

I hope he doesn't show up Saturday if we win. That way the entire nation can begin to see how he's been treating us this year and understand why we are pissed about his behavior. He has to be one of the more immature people I've ever seen. I'll be glad come Sunday morning that we are part of the Big 10. F/U Dan Beebe..........

we are part of the big 12 till next summer.

we are part of the big 12 till next summer.

I'm saying for football, I think we're splitting hairs here.

The volleyball snub is far more significant than the football f/u. 1) It was the conference championship as a whole, and not just a division crown. 2) It was an outright title, no co-champ as with Missouri in the North in football. This is asinine. Bet your money, if we win on Saturday there will be no presentation following the game. Put the bets down guys. My odds are a measly 1.1 to 1 that there will be NO presentation if Nebraska beats Oklahoma Saturday.

i don't think he has the balls not to show up.......that would seal the deal and send a message he hates NU and is bias, in the long run pooping on NU sends a bad message to all other schools...he isn't that stupid...is he?