Did Cody Green earn the start next week?

Sparker

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's a pretty easy answer IMO,

If Taylor is still hurt then he doesn't need to see the field until the bowl game. He can't do what he does when he's hurt like that and it hampers our offense and stops it cold in its tracks. It was obvious from Lee's throws that he isn't 100%. He had no zip on the ball, but he could still throw, I say leave him #2. With Cody having a full week to prepare with the 1's, knowing he was the man for the CU game, it gave him alot of confidence and allowed our offense to prepare around him rather than at the last second try to adjust to him. I say you give Cody the start and see how he does, do similiar things that we did against CU, but obviously you're gonna have to throw a wrinkle or two in there to score some points. With our defense jelling like they are, if we can score some points and get the lead, I like our chances.

Not sure, thinking it will be a game time decision, guessing they will split reps with both Martinez and Green and see where Taylor is at. He is one of the reasons NU is in this game, he deserves to take his spot back if he is ready. I still have my reservations about Cody, glad he played well yesterday to up his confidence. :thumbs

If Taylor is healthy, he has absolutely earned the start. That said I think we all know that he's unlikely to be back to his old self next week. Given that, I say go ahead and give Cody the start. Let him build his confidence and rapport with the starting unit this week. We'll have Rex backing him up from the Rexcat and run some big power formations -- I like our odds against next week.

I'd give Cody the nod if turftoe still has T-Magic on the sidelines. But I am intrigued by Zac's ability to pass. He zipped a couple right in there. I thought he couldn't throw?

Really? I thought Cody had the better throws in the game. Zac's looked a bit.... slow. Cody threw a couple missiles. I guess it's all a timing thing, so I don't know if either was good or bad.

There's a lot of %'s being thrown around here and rightfully so. The coaching staff should make the decision based on the win against the Buff's, how the quartebacks perform in this week's practice, and Martinez's status. The latter only the trainers and coaching staff know for sure. As much as we all want a Big-12 championship, I'd sure like to have Martinez as healthy as possible for the bowl game.

I've been a big doubter of Cody Green this year. That said he really impressed me with his play yesterday. He did all that was asked and some. Loved that he got some y.a.c on his rushes. It was nice to see him in the I formation. I say start him, I think Tmart is out for some time if he truly has turf toe. Thats a tough thing to overcome in such a short time.

I'd give Cody the nod if turftoe still has T-Magic on the sidelines. But I am intrigued by Zac's ability to pass. He zipped a couple right in there. I thought he couldn't throw?

Really? I thought Cody had the better throws in the game. Zac's looked a bit.... slow. Cody threw a couple missiles. I guess it's all a timing thing, so I don't know if either was good or bad.

Yeah, Cody had some missiles alright. But I didn't think we'd even see Zac again. I thought he couldn't throw anymore--broken hand or something. Which is why I was amazed to see him in there at all. And throwing.

If Taylor is anywhere near 90% healthy, play him.

CG did pretty well yesterday overall, but I still don't think he has any accuracy whatsoever with touch passes. He can throw darts on slant routes, but if he has to put some air under it, I hold my breath. His two TD passes are lucky to have been caught. The WRs were wide open, but they still had to make crazy athletic catches because the passes were so horrifically underthrown. After what I have seen this season, I think Taylor might not only be the better runner (obviously), but he's probably the better passer as well.