Beebe comments on Cotton/Jerrod-Eddie incident

Nexus

Poor Ben Cotton. I'm sure he wishes this subject is never brought up again. But...

In my conversation earlier this evening with Dan Beebe, I asked him about the play involving Cotton and Tony Jerod-Eddie from last Saturday’s game at Texas A&M.

For reference, I asked Beebe about the play in which a player from Texas A&M was “jabbing at the testicles” of a player from Nebraska. I used those exact words, as that is how interpreted that play.

Was that a play that was reviewable, and was there ever any punishment considered? Does the Big 12 condone such action?

Here’s Beebe’s response:

“Well, first of all, I think if you look at it carefully, it wouldn’t be what you characterized,” he said.

How would Beebe characterize that play, then?

“Well, if you think it was that (jabbing at testicles), we’ll just have to disagree. I don’t think it was in that manner. And didn’t the Nebraska player say he was just trying to get to the ball?”

Yes.

“Yeah.”

Beebe later said the Big 12 does review plays and things that happen throughout the course of a game, and will privately handle some matters with ADs or coaches, telling them they need to pay attention to particular play or actions by some players. He wouldn’t confirm or deny if that was the case with Jerod-Eddie.

I also asked if he would comment on the roughing the passer call against Courtney Osborne.

“No, not specifically. I’m bound by rules not to be able to comment, even if I’d like to, on various penalties.”

LINK

Beebe later said the Big 12 does review plays and things that happen throughout the course of a game, and will privately handle some matters with ADs or coaches, telling them they need to pay attention to particular play or actions by some players. He wouldn’t confirm or deny if that was the case with Jerod-Eddie.

I also asked if he would comment on the roughing the passer call against Courtney Osborne.

“No, not specifically. I’m bound by rules not to be able to comment, even if I’d like to, on various penalties.”

But he can suspend a player for something his officials deemed a legal hit. SCREW HIM he is a top notch ASS HAT

Once again Dan Beebe and the Big 12 is a joke, they have clear evidence of exactly what Jerrod-Eddie did and they won't do anything about it, Michael Slive and SEC reviewed what happened with Brandon Spikes during a game last year of his poking of the eye of a Georgia player I believe it was and he was suspended, but the Big 12 won't do the same. :facepalm:

I never thought providing an excuse for Jerrod-Eddie would be an unintended consequence of Ben Cotton taking the high road.

The funny thing is, I thought Cotton was looking for a laugh with that answer. Beebe just took it out of context to suit his own agenda.

Beebe is pathetic. Seriously, he continues to provide reason after reason for us to hate him more and more.

Heres Beebes response:

Well, first of all, I think if you look at it carefully, it wouldnt be what you characterized, he said.

How would Beebe characterize that play, then?

Well, if you think it was that (jabbing at testicles), well just have to disagree. I dont think it was in that manner. And didnt the Nebraska player say he was just trying to get to the ball?

LINK

These are obviously my favorite quotes for Bilbo. To me, Danny is saying he knows good anal foreplay when he sees it. The boys in Texas has taught him that. So of course it wasn't testicular assualt, but just good old fashioned Dan Beebe DeLoss Dodd anal foreplay.