Cody Green

I haven't been high on Cody ALL season and I've bashed him on numerous occasions but today he looked like a damn good QB in the zone read. I personally don't think that the zone read is a good fit for Cody because I think he's too slow but he impressed me big time and made me eat my words which I don't mind. He ran with heart today and was quick once he bounced it outside and proved me wrong that he is indeed not slow.

Cody played a good ball game today and I hope he can take that momentum into next weeks game down in Texas. He'll have my full support when he takes the field.

Is it just me or Did Cody look faster today than he has in the past couple games? I can't tell if its because Colorado's D is just slow or what. Anyone else notice anything

I haven't been high on Cody ALL season and I've bashed him on numerous occasions but today he looked like a damn good QB in the zone read. I personally don't think that the zone read is a good fit for Cody because I think he's too slow but he impressed me big time and made me eat my words which I don't mind. He ran with heart today and was quick once he bounced it outside and proved me wrong that he is indeed not slow.

Cody played a good ball game today and I hope he can take that momentum into next weeks game down in Texas. He'll have my full support when he takes the field.

Just one guy's opinion here, but I don't think Cody actually ran a zone read play yesterday huskerjock. The Green snaps all looked (with the exception of maybe one play) to be predetermined reads, which I think directly resulted in that increased speed the OP referenced. Without having to try to read the crashing DE and all the other split-second deductions a zone read QB has to make, Cody was allowed to play ball the way he is comfortable. I think that in turn made him play a LOT faster, and I think we were all pretty pleased with the result. Good game plan by Watson, great performance out of Rex Burkhead, and one hell of a day for a much maligned kid who everyone seems to agree is a good human being but one of the bigger recruiting busts we've had in a number of years.

Guess what? The Cody Green story doesn't have an epilogue. In fact, we're only getting to the middle chapters now. :)

I recall one play in the second half that sure seemed to be a zone read as cody gave the ball up to rex and he got stuffed and the outside was wide open. After the play one of our lineman on that open side turned to cody and made an arm sweeping motion around toward that side as if to say "you should've kept it."

The gameplan was much better suited to cody's strengths. He's not as explosive but he's a tougher runner to bring down up high than Taylor is (Taylor bounces off guys). I thought we used him well. The focus was Rex running and wildcats with Green handing off to the backs and playaction passing with the occassional qb keeper (or zone read not sure if it was designed). Cody was able to just contribute instead of being the man. No problem with him starting the CCG. Not expecting sensational play just consistent play.

I recall one play in the second half that sure seemed to be a zone read as cody gave the ball up to rex and he got stuffed and the outside was wide open. After the play one of our lineman on that open side turned to cody and made an arm sweeping motion around toward that side as if to say "you should've kept it."

The gameplan was much better suited to cody's strengths. He's not as explosive but he's a tougher runner to bring down up high than Taylor is (Taylor bounces off guys). I thought we used him well. The focus was Rex running and wildcats with Green handing off to the backs and playaction passing with the occassional qb keeper (or zone read not sure if it was designed). Cody was able to just contribute instead of being the man. No problem with him starting the CCG. Not expecting sensational play just consistent play.

Could be ira...I saw maybe one or two plays that looked like Cody was in fact making a read on the handoff. But I'm convinced 95% of those running plays were either predetermined hand offs or qb keepers.

Then again, I've been wrong before.... :lol: